View Poll Results: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Voters
1509. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Burning Crusade

377 24.98%
  • Wrath of the Lich King

631 41.82%
  • Cataclysm

56 3.71%
  • Mists of Pandaria

445 29.49%
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    how can people vote for cata/mop

disgusting
    Can we, as a community, please get to the evolutionary point where we don't describe the opinion of others as 'disgusting'?

Wow! Surprised at all the love for Wrath, as back in the day there was so much bitching and moaning that it was the "end of WoW."

Wrath was my favorite era to play to the game, as enough of the spirit and community of BC was still intact, and Northrend and the Lore were such a giant step up. Of course Ulduar and ICC were both epic as well.

But in terms of outright quality, MoP is the tops.

Pandaria just pips Northrend out by a bit for best continent, ToT and SoO are among the best raids, Brawler's guild, pet battles, world bosses, Scenarios, hell I even like farming, and the recent addition of Flex means I never have to join another LFR insane asylum again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    LFR is too damn hard taking 4 hours per wing.
    I've heard this a lot and I just don't get it. I've done all 3 LFR wings at least 3-4 times now (wing 1 about a dozen, wing 2 6-8). I have never been in any LFR wing for over 2-2.5 hours. Even that was a super terrible run with a lot of vote kicking and herding of cats. How is anyone taking 4 hours for LFR? Like, after hour 2 of not killing the boss, do you not just leave? It's clearly not worth your time at that point.

Worst expansion, it simply wasn't fun, i stopped playing in feb or march and never looked back. The numbers don't lie, they lost almost 3 million subs with this expansion...

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Worst expansion, it simply wasn't fun, i stopped playing in feb or march and never looked back. The numbers don't lie, they lost almost 3 million subs with this expansion...
    The numbers don't lie, true. They lost almost 30 million subs between Vanilla and Wrath, worst times in gaming history.
    You fucking what mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The numbers don't lie, true. They lost almost 30 million subs between Vanilla and Wrath, worst times in gaming history.
    Did anyone actually say 30 million WoW subs because last I saw the 30 million was a number given towards combined MMO market and ever since I have seen players miss quote that number. I have seen no clear cut number given to WoW subs loss other than what was said back at the start of Cata that the number of subs lost has surpassed those who are current sub at the time(~10million). If the number is 30 million subs lost total for WoW then that would place about 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Did anyone actually say 30 million WoW subs because last I saw the 30 million was a number given towards combined MMO market and ever since I have seen players miss quote that number. I have seen no clear cut number given to WoW subs loss other than what was said back at the start of Cata that the number of subs lost has surpassed those who are current sub at the time(~10million). If the number is 30 million subs lost total for WoW then that would place about 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP.
    The 30 million sub thing was said at a Blizzcon by one of the main game creators, I can pull up the video/quote if you'd like. There is no other information to it and basing 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP is just pulling numbers out your ass.
    You fucking what mate?
    I reported you, btw. Your signature offends me. Hopefully you're forced to change it and get an infraction. I'm going to follow your posting habits and given enough time I'm sure I can report you to the point of a ban. We'll see how you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Wotlk>TBC>MoP>Cata
    I agree with this completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The 30 million sub thing was said at a Blizzcon by one of the main game creators, I can pull up the video/quote if you'd like. There is no other information to it and basing 20 million subs lost between Cata and MoP is just pulling numbers out your ass.
    Please do. I should start collecting the stat sources for refernce. I wasnt just pulling a number out of my ass. I said based on your number of 30 million lost and the +10 million lost that I read previously would make it 20 million. Perhaps I should have made it more clear that the numbers seem contradictory which is why I am wondering why this 30 million lost number is coming from when I did not see it in previous threads on sub losses.

I shall start building a text document on such sources so that I can be more constructive when it comes to numbers.

MoP is easily in the top, an excellent expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by dinouille View Post
    how can people vote for cata/mop

disgusting
    Mentally weak people like you are disgusting.

That's unfair. Wotlk > any game ever created.

MoP was really good though. Taking wrath out of the picture - MoP > Vanilla > TBC > squirrel > Cata

WOTLK will be remembered by the majority of WOW players as THE best expansion ever on wow , unless somehow they top it with the next one but considering we got cata and MOP after WOTLK i doubt it very much.

MOP > TBC > Vanilla > Wrath > Cata

I know it's kind of popular to hate on pandas and MOP in general, but I like em.

Monks are my favorite class at the moment being ridiculously fun to both tank and DPS with, and the ability to do both with the same gear is an added bonus. They are so well designed and fun. The healing monks I think need work in a lot of respects though. As for the pandas themselves, I think they have nice models and very cool animations. They are also some of the more interesting NPCs i've had to interact with before. I like how the Shado Pan npcs consistently show up in multiple places and are always working together against the common enemy. Some of those characters are pretty cool, like Taoshi.

I'll honestly be sad when MOP ends and we move on to some new part of the world where the style and character of pandaria won't exist anymore and this lovely continent will be reduced to a leveling zone.
    Last edited by Dasani; 2013-10-12 at 06:08 AM.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

LOL @ anyone who didn't pick mop, how sad.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Please do. I should start collecting the stat sources for refernce. I wasnt just pulling a number out of my ass. I said based on your number of 30 million lost and the +10 million lost that I read previously would make it 20 million. Perhaps I should have made it more clear that the numbers seem contradictory which is why I am wondering why this 30 million lost number is coming from when I did not see it in previous threads on sub losses.

I shall start building a text document on such sources so that I can be more constructive when it comes to numbers.
    It's going to take awhile for me to find it. I should be able to find it by tomorrow hopefully. I'll remember to update my post.
    You fucking what mate?

Hard to say, Wotlk was the best expac PvE wise while TBC was the best PvP wise. As a former PvE'r i'll say Wotlk

Stood in the Fire
    beter then cata (which is no accomplishment)
    better then wrath or bc? probably not since my server is so dead my guild has to rely on a pool of unreliable players with only 4 ppl (including myself) that are regulars in 10 man raiding and we've had to cancel some raids because ppl didnt show up. we had to merge with the only other decent sized guild on the server and we still have attendance issues. In 10 man

I've been around since vanilla so I'm judging this by the time i put in an expansion. That way MoP wins without doubt.

MoP>>WoTLK>TBC>Cata

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Why can't people who don't like MOP just say. "I don't like MOP for this and this and that" rather than fucking attack it. You obviously didn't like the expansion, stop making it like your opinion is the majorities opinion. Or even fact for that matter.