Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To put it bluntly the reason I think Mists is my favorite expansion is because it was breath of fresh air.

Although I am not technically a " Wrath baby " I started to play more seriously than just experiencing things for fun in TBC. Still, I have obtained the Champion of the Naaru, and I must say it was a huge pain in the ass rather being fun. In fact, keys, reputations for heroic dungeons and atunements everywhere drove me nuts in TBC not to mention the boring, long ass drawn out and sometimes even irritating fights ( looking at you Kael/Vashj).
    Wrath was wonderful for me: putting aside the rehashed Naxx I even liked ToC ( yes, I am a happy member of " Fuck-the-trash-club), but especially Ulduar and ICC, it was a wonderful feeling sinking to the lore and the instances themselves.
    Cata was supposed to be good and the beginning was nice: revamped questing zones, challenging first tier, brutal 5 mans ( 2 hours in Deadmines? no problem!). Still it fell short for me with the recycled zandalari content, the boredom of DS and FL.
    MoP is surprisingly strong in not only providing you to actually do outside of raiding but in elements of dynamic story and fun, not to mention the ( mostly) great Raids as well.
    So my final verdict:
    MoP = WotLK > Cata > TBC
    ( Yes, I hated TBC more than Cata, it was just horrible by design while Cata was just half assed, but with good intentions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath, mop, bc, cata, vanilla. And yes I played them all unlike most people who lie about it on this fourm.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I think MoP would have been a lot better if Cataclysm didn't exist.

Cataclysm did a lot of irreversible things to the game, to which the game still suffers, ilvl is a big offender here.
    I think that's one of the reasons why Blizzard chose to keep increasing ilvl so expontentially this expansion as well, so we as players would beg for an ilvlsquish after this expansion.

CC, and tools in general need to be reduced for each class. There are some defensive cooldowns that are way too powerful (in PvP, and some extent PvE) This can be partially blamed on Cataclysm, which introduced a fuckton of spells and mechanics that weren't needed. MoP had it's share of unneccessary skills as well. Self heals mostly.

Deleted
    WotLK=BC>MoP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cata adventure pack

It's hard for me to rank these expansions because each did things differently.

Story: WotLK > MoP > Cataclysm > TBC > Vanilla (In general, storytelling has kept a positive slope from the launch of the game - with WotLK edging slightly ahead bolstered by what WC3 had established previously)

Raiding: TBC > WotLK >= MoP > Cataclysm > Vanilla (This is a very peraonsl call - TBC has my best raiding memories. But generally, I think end bosses in TBC were some of the most iconic and memorable bosses in the game to date)

Accessibility: MoP > WotLK > Cataclysm > TBC > Vanilla (The game is very accessible to players these days, and offers a wide scope of content for casuals all the way up to the hardcore)

Overall: WotLK > TBC >= MoP > Vanilla > Cataclysm (Truth told, I loved all of these except Cataclysm, which I think had some good concepts that led to some good design in Mists, but was ultimately a failure as an expansion for players)

Deleted
    WotLK > TBC > MoP > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Every expansion has been downhill since the start for me. Too much homogenization, and I'm sick of all the different difficulties.
    I don't think repeating the same raid on a different difficulty 4 times should be considered content.
    I miss the times when a hard raid was just hard, without easy modes.
    I was fine running Kara over and over again until I was good enough for TK/BT, and those until I was good enough for Sunwell.
    And even though I didn't get to finish Sunwell until level 80, I was completely fine with it because I respected the people who were able to do it, and had something to strive for even if it wasn't possible during it's relevancy.

Wait a second, MoP isn't finished as of yet? From a PvE perspective only a handful of guilds have completed SoO. I don't believe you can fully judge MoP as of yet, LFR & Flex ain't fully released yet.

However, if MoP holds up until next expansion, my list will look like this.

MoP = TBC -> Cata = WotLK

We all agree that Cataclysm is far from a top ranking as the best expansion, but it wasn't all that bad imo. Cool bosses and a nice raid atmosphere, mostly. And the rework of the zones were long overdue, making many of them a lot more interresting, Desolace comes to mind among others.

WotLK immersion was off the charts. Gameplay wasn't bad and the game had more randomness to it (Leather geared Warriors, Armor Pen, oddball ICC trinkets, Ulduar Hardmodes), and despite Naxx and ToC, WotLK gave us Ulduar.

MoP gameplay delivered consistent early Cata levels of raiding, but utterly failed on 5 mans, gave us the donkey cock daily rep grinds, and the Asian theme fails utterly (for me, I hate Asian themed games, companies based on European and American markets should stay the fuck away from Asian themed games, Asia already mass produces enough of that shit for 10 planets.) For lore and immersion MoP gets an utter insufficient, Krasarang and the Alliance intro to Pandaria were literally the only 2 saving moments of the entire lore and immersion section. (Okey I admit the Panda starting zone, the Wandering Isle was pretty cool. Instead of making an entire expansion based on that, the Pandaren could have simply been introduced along with the Wandering Isle and that would have been more then sufficient.)

TBC was great but somewhat overwhelming. It was still full of fresh factor.

Cata started out strong...that's it. I refuse to talk about it. It was all a very long and very bad dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    TBC > WOTLK > MOP > Classic > Cata (note: started in late classic)
    I agree with this also. I feel like MOP was good but the asian theme sucked. it didn't feel like wow at all

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC = MoP > Wrath > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, i started playing at Wotlk, so for me it`s: Mists of Pandaria > Wrath of the Lich King > Cataclysm

Still early IMO to say MoP is over at least from an experience stand point. So far though I got WotLK=BC> Cata> Classic>>> MoP in terms of enjoyment of experience during the expansion. I cut my game play time substantially going into Cata and it suited me in Cata while it was too little for MoP with just a bunch of trivial grinds outside of guilded raiding.

I had my problems, but Mists is easily the most consistent expansion. I think I saw someone else say similar, and... yeah, I thought most of the stuff was solid so I can't really complain. BC was the most fun for me, but hell I didn't even play the whole thing because I didn't need to up until they released Sunwell as filler.

If they release a 5.5 that has just a little more story content than 5.3 than I'd start to worry whether they could do it for a whole other expansion, after they mentioned pulling off expansion people to work on Timeless Isle (I think). Hope they can keep up these patch cycles. It was very well realized, finally. Been talkin about it since BC also.

After Classic: MoP > BC >> Wrath>Cata (only because it shifted so drastically. Could've been BC).
    Last edited by Shibboleths; 2013-10-09 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Usually I see hunters getting 10%+ from cloak and 8-10% from the gem, then the significant stat increase of the cloak on top. At work so don't have time to find a log. Just looked (very quickly) for one to get the point across on iron juggernaut:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-f3...200#Unbeatably

Edit: Realized bad example due to BM. You should be able to find the same results with survival though from my experience.

It's more like 7% from the cloak, maybe 3-5% from the meta and that's if you max it out. Now that's on single target cuz that proc is nuts for packs of mobs. Also, the stat increase isn't much at all from the one you had right before it which had a 600IL and could be upgraded to 608 with identical stats as the legendary, just without the procs.

WOTLK>MOP>>>>Burning Crusade>Cataclysm.

TBC > MoP > Wrath > Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Wrath was the least grindiest, alt friendliest, and most available expac.
    Reading the forums in Wotlk I remember a lot of people saying "It's just retarded how you can get into end game raiding a day after hitting level 80, Blizzard is just giving out free epics and so on and so forth" It's really funny how things have changed lol; does anybody else remember this?
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-10-09 at 01:31 AM.

Deleted
    TBC --> MoP --> Wrath ---------------------> Cata