Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    It was not even remotely at TBC levels. And I had 4 90s in the first month after launch all of them raid ready.
    It's a regression and a fucking terrible unnecessary one.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Classic >>>>>> Cata.

Fantastic job with MoP, first it was one step back, then two steps forward.

TL;DR World/Immersion: TBC > WotLK > Vanilla > Cata > MoP
    Mechanics/gameplay features/things to do: MoP > Cata > WotLK > TBC > Vanilla.

I started playing a little after Naxx40 was released (never got to see it though - why on earth
    did they break the Frozen Runes quest chain in the WotLK version is beyond me -_-).

I call myself "casual" yet the single wish I have for World of Warcraft PVE is for it to be brought
    back to the days before LFD/LFR. The community was alive, realm rep was a thing and you had to
    work for it, no silent dungeon groups, no "[Raid]: U RETARD" wipes, you had to commit time and
    effort just to run a 5-man. The world wasn't trivial to get around, and I still believe flying
    everywhere breaks world immersion -- Might as well give us a pet NPC that makes portals to
    everywhere, instantly and freely. In fact one of the most enjoyable solo, long-term grinds for
    me was pre-Cata Loremaster.

Regarding raids, I was almost always in a 10-man guild. The scarcity of TBC 25 man experience
    for me created such a heightened anticipation for MH/SSC and BT, and when I finally got to pug
    them, it was so original and immersive, a feeling that rivalled doing Ulduar and ICC hardmodes in
    the expansion after. It made sense not to see the content, because it was something you had to
    work for to get there.

I know it's not going back there anytime soon and I'll probably keep on playing... just saying :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Metak View Post
    Remember when WotLK was released and 'everyone' thought TBC was so much better?
    I'm not so sure what you want to tell us. When wotlk was released, TBC was so much better. The initial raids were crap, and there were hardly new features. But that changed over the course of the expansion, with features like lfg, the changed badge system, heirlooms, and raids like Ulduar and ICC.

But this time we really have a combobreaker - usually the current expansion is viewn as the worst, but it seems MoP gets a honorable second place. So it looks like Blizzard did more right than wrong this time.

Deleted
    Wrath has won every single one of these kind of polls, i dont expect anything different from this one...

As expected Wrath is very popular, but Mists is 2nd.

Those poor Cata designers, seeing a poll like this must break their badly-designing hearts :/

10+ Year Old Account
    wotlk > tbc > mop > vanilla > cata

MoP would be #1 if pvp wasn't LITERALLY THE WORST it's ever been from the get-go of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Wrath has won every single one of these kind of polls, i dont expect anything different from this one...
    It never won 2+ years ago, just saying. It's likely due to so many of the old playerbase no longer playing, look how many people even in the posts haven't played pre-wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

TBC >= WOTLK > Vanilla >= MoP >> Cata

Stopped playing MoP before 5.2
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It never won 2+ years ago, just saying. It's likely due to so many of the old playerbase no longer playing, look how many people even in the posts haven't played pre-wrath.
    Most people playing today started in Wotlk, some in TBC. There are almost none of us old Classic dudes around, and the TBC breed is very rare as well. Many will also sometimes claim to have played in TBC or Wotlk because communities like MMO-C poke fun at you if you didn't, which is a lamentable fact.

The poll reflects the playerbase right now quite well I think: most answers are based on when people started playing and which time they have the fondest memories of. And when you look at how badly Cata ranks, it explains why MoP is so high - MoP is amazing and I consider it the best expansion to date, but it benefits greatly from the crap that was Cata.

Started in TBC, quit in Cata: TBC wins.
    Started in Wotlk, quit in Cata: Wotlk wis.
    Started in either, played through Cata into MoP: MoP wins.

I think the number of people that actually started in Cata or MoP in this poll can be counted on one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    I think the number of people that actually started in Cata or MoP in this poll can be counted on one hand.
    I think a slight exaggeration but I agree with the concept, majority of the mmo-base are probably wrath-babies these days.

AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT GUYS. Having played in TBC/classic means nothing in most discussions, only for having a viewpoint/comparison of the game back then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Most people playing today started in Wotlk, some in TBC. There are almost none of us old Classic dudes around, and the TBC breed is very rare as well. Many will also sometimes claim to have played in TBC or Wotlk because communities like MMO-C poke fun at you if you didn't, which is a lamentable fact.

The poll reflects the playerbase right now quite well I think: most answers are based on when people started playing and which time they have the fondest memories of. And when you look at how badly Cata ranks, it explains why MoP is so high - MoP is amazing and I consider it the best expansion to date, but it benefits greatly from the crap that was Cata.

Started in TBC, quit in Cata: TBC wins.
    Started in Wotlk, quit in Cata: Wotlk wis.
    Started in either, played through Cata into MoP: MoP wins.

Exactly my thoughts aswell (about the bias of the starting xPac). This poll should be taken with a grain of salt. Or every vote should mention when did he/she start playing.
    (and yes, there's nothing wrong with starting lately, it's just important for putting results into perspective)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I think a slight exaggeration but I agree with the concept, majority of the mmo-base are probably wrath-babies these days.

AND THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT GUYS. Having played in TBC/classic means nothing in most discussions, only for having a viewpoint/comparison of the game back then.
    In fact most new raiders I recruit are usually between 20 and 25 and started in Wrath and sometimes Cata. They are usually far superior players to "TBC veterans" and returning Classic players, they are totally used to the faster paced mechanics and requirements.
    So yeah, nothing wrong with starting later at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    wotlk > tbc > mop > vanilla > cata

MoP would be #1 if pvp wasn't LITERALLY THE WORST it's ever been from the get-go of the expansion.
    Shame MoP has been one of the most balanced ones when it comes to competative PVP...

And this is mainly because of a couple of details...

On topic:

Lore/PVE Wise?
    Wotlk = TBC > Cata > Vanilla >>> MoP

How PVE turned out?
    Wotlk = TBC = Vanilla >>> Cata = MoP

PVP Balance?
    MoP >>> *

My personal opinion?
    I enjoyed WoW the most when it was fresh, not saying it was flawless, but it was fun.
    Last edited by mmoc3f6ff16fa0; 2013-10-09 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    So many rates Wotlk so high. It was all over pure shit man.

Deleted
    Wrath >> TBC>>>>>>>CATA>Vanilla

Vanilla only goes last because its judged on its current game standards, it simply lacked many great features later added.

I dont put MoP in there as to me, its not WoW. If I had to put it in then, ignoring the discontinuity of mop in wow...

Wrath >> TBC>>>>>>MOP>CATA>Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Expansionwise: TBC >> Mop >>> Woltk > Cata

The only redeeming feature of Woltk for me was Uludar. Rating vanilla for me is really hard on par with BC I prolly had my best pve moments but on the other hand a lot of it was pretty crappy techwise. Probably somewhere between TBC and Mop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazzbo View Post
    Shame MoP has been one of the most balanced ones when it comes to competative PVP...

And this is mainly because of a couple of details...
    maybe in 5.4, because I quit in 5.3.

pre 5.4 my experience as a 2.1k warlock / 2.4k hunter in 3v3:

Priests are the only healer worth having on your team unless you play wizard cleave (shocking)
    "isn't there supposed to be a new class? what do they look like again?"
    season 12 can only be matched by s5 as the worst season in pvp history. hunters, warriors, and (shadow)priests, oh my! it got a lot better after that but still, arguably the worst season ever
    outplay enemy team, still lose because you got rng globalled by the elemental shaman
    sitting in cc for 20-30 seconds per minute in some cases and just having to "deal with it"

this is probably the least effective / least fun style of pvp i've ever experienced

it might be fun if you're in the downs league where nothing really matters
    Last edited by inkberry; 2013-10-09 at 11:19 AM. Reason: hangover edits

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Ilvls existed since vanilla (it just wasn't shown in game), and guess what? it was exponential since vanilla too
    I of course mean the inflation of ilvl. It went out of control somewhere around Cataclysm launch. People went from having around 20k HP to having over 100k over a span of 5 levels, dafuq? If late WotlK/early Cataclysm wasn't so derpy, maybe we would have reasonable ilevel values right now? People are too used to these extreme numbers now, and I can guarantee you that if Blizzard is ballsy enough to go through with a real ilevel squish, all hell will break loose.

I'm a supported of the ilevel squish though, these numbers feels bad man. Such a refreshing feeling when playing FFXIV now, when people got approx the same values as old vanilla WoW used to have. Feels way more RPG and manageable.

--

Quote Originally Posted by inkberry View Post
    this is probably the least effective / least fun style of pvp i've ever experienced

it might be fun if you're in the downs league where nothing really matters
    ^ agree with this guy. There's nothing fun or exciting about the PvP this expansion. It's like an even more imbalanced version of Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoc7bba2bcae9; 2013-10-09 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how PVPers always seem be to be complaining no matter what, and usually because they're getting their asses handed to them ^^