Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    MoP>TBC>>Wrath>>>Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    TBC -> MoP -> Vanilla -> Cata = Wrath (Wrath slightly behind Cata because I can grind my way through Cata, but I can't even log into any characters who've reached the Wrath levels)

I never played the original Warcraft games, so my interest in the Scourge and Arthas was pretty low to begin with. What bits and pieces got shoved down my throat during Wrath pretty much turned me off of the expansion forever. It didn't help that the voice distortions were EVERYwhere, made so many different NPC personalities sound too much alike.

I guess the Burning Legion's threat felt more like a threat, while the Scourge's threat felt more like flirting. Cata at least introduced a lot of really neat pre-60 content, and didn't hammer away at a dead horse throughout (which could also be described as having a very disjointed story). MoP's just been basically fun, not too painful to level alts through, and has some variance in the tone of the stories told - it's not a complete downer from start to finish, it's been a while since they touched on that.
    Did you not play BC to WotLK or did you miss how and why we went there?

The CotD came back with a force and began to infect EK and Kalimdor and the attacks on the cities etc. Necropolises were down from NR and there was the full scale attack on EP via Ebon Hold. The full scale attacks on Org and SW were the point where we geared up for war and pushed them back to NR and decided that it was time to take the battle there. I mean the whole Pre WotLK events were so much larger than the Pre BC events.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "The poll isn't reflecting my opinion, therefore it must be biased". Really, that's what you're sounding like.

2-3 months is a far cry from instantly.
    What he said made complete sense. "I don't like what you said so I'm going to dissect it to make your view look bad"

He was saying he played for 2-3 months. He INSTANTLY decided one day to quit after those months. It wasn't a should I shouldn't I moment that lasted weeks. It was "enough of this I'm done".

- - - Updated - - -

Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +
    Gonna stop you there and say yes it was handed to you. You had to do about 3-5 extra tasks outside of what you were already doing. It was handed to you compared to some other legendaries. It changed 0 fights in raiding. It made it to where to join any serious guild you must have it because it was available to everyone. This legendary was perhaps the worst idea with the best intentions.

Next legendary? Limit it to 1 player to get a drop per boss but any class. That way it removes the 2 unfair things that normal legendaries and this current one have done: It's open to everyone and it's not given out en masse.

I started in wotlk wich i think was the best expansion i have played. Cata was a disaster but with MoP Blizzard really stepped it up again!

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    What he said made complete sense. "I don't like what you said so I'm going to dissect it to make your view look bad"
    I never claimed it didn't make sense. He didn't dissect it, though, he just claimed it was faulty based on some poorly founded assumptions of his.

He was saying he played for 2-3 months. He INSTANTLY decided one day to quit after those months. It wasn't a should I shouldn't I moment that lasted weeks. It was "enough of this I'm done".
    That's 2-3 months to make the decision. Not instant. He may have finally arrived at the conclusion "instantly", but it still took him up to 3 months to get there. Don't twist the words.

10+ Year Old Account
    In terms of atmosphere/raiding/fun-ness->> MOP
    In terms of lore---->Wotlk (big arthas fan and warcraft frozen throne so may be biased)
    best pvp fun---> TBC/Wrath

HOWEVER

PVP has been atrocious in MOP, the worst by far from any expansion.....absolutely horrible with instant ccs, constant lock-downs/stuns/ bursty as hell OP classes.

I'm a big pvp fan but my god i unsubbed from how unplayable it as at the moment; they need to separate pvp and pve buffs/nerfs and it would finally fix everything!

bring back Wrath style PVP!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    TBC is my first love, it will ALWAYS come first for me, but...

MoP has been amazing, seriously

Some of the best game music not just WoW music, I can't not have music turned off in a Pandaria zone, it's beautiful.
    Questing: By far the best questing experience so far, more to do with fun things here and there, excellent voice acting and cut scenes added to a decent amount of quests (Lorewalkers are amazing - storytime)
    Art is subjective and if you don't like Asian themes you wouldn't of liked MoP, but in terms of detail and such, it keeps getting better and it's been the best so far
    Adding dungeons as full huge sized buildings into zones
    Pet battles: Again, this is up to you, but I generally enjoy them when I have 10 mins spare with nothing to do, plus I like collecting things...and you can't say adding more to do is a bad thing.
    Cloud Serpents: Aka Netherwing Drakes, It's a slight grind, but it feels good to have a faction like this back, it's a carbon copy pretty much, but it works, and the mounts are gorgeous.
    Professions got a ton of mounts, more improvement could be done, but they gave us alot more options, archaeology kinda sucked in rewards though.
    The Tillers: I haven't really done much of it, but it's there, and it's different, again, it's another thing to do IF you like, which is a + in my book.
    Proving Grounds: Again, another plus, I won't be there all the time because I have my gold, but I'll go for endless 30, it could have more of a reason to go back, but once again, something new to kill the time +
    Brawlers guild: See above +
    Black Market Auction House: Another +, okay you need to be rich, but it's a great concept for those who have the money and have no luck on drops farming A'lar for 5 year etc.
    Cloak: Honestly, you can call it a welfare legendary, but I don't, because it does actually take time to get it, and if you played from the beginning, it spanned across the entire expansion, that is not something handed to you, much better than random 0.1% drops. +

I could go on and on.

I think most people unfairly rate it because of "lolpandas" and all that crap, see past it and you find one of the best, if not the best, WoW expansion so far.

Some things sucked, LFR needs improvement but isn't a bad concept at all, flex was possibly what ruined it, needs re-thinking, but LFR isn't purely MoP. iLevel shouldn't be taken purely as an indicator of skill, blah blah blah.

I CAN'T WAIT for the next xpac where they take the best from MoP and improve it once more.

So leaving my love of TBC behind it would honestly be:

MoP > Wotlk > TBC > Cata

I've never been so pumped for the next expansion, hurry up Blizzcon!

This i cant wait for blizzcon. I really looking forward for the next expansion i really hope they pick on all the things introduced with MoP and improve it.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    oh wow. just... wow. i hate to break it to you, but your memory plays evil tricks on you. it makes you think _everyone_ was like you, when instead you were alone. it was YOUR opinion, not that of _everyone_. please try to remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    there is not a SINGLE valid opinion to be found in this thread but mine. BC was best.
    Pot calling the kettle black, quite sad.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

flawed poll is flawed.. it assumes we played every expansion. And if it assumes we didn't, then the results are meaningless.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbc>wotlk>mop>cata

it`s hard for me ranking the expansions on any way. i liked the way raiding was back in vanilla and tbc, because people weren't that focused on perfomance and everyone helped each other without thinking about personal progression. on the other hand though this difficulty increase with each expansion (you could say you just now the game better) is fun as well.
    the raid i enjoyed the most until now was ulduar. you have to note that i never was a hardcore raider but for the first introduction of hardmode raiding i was quite seccuessful in ulduar and story and architecure was quite cool.
    as i have struggled finding a raid in near complete pandaria and all patches in between were a mess it's hard for me to call MoP good. Although you had too much to do i still think the dailies in the 5.0 patch were the best.

So i would go with the following:

TBC > Vanilla > Wotlk > MoP > cata

All being very close (how ever only if you take in my favriote content of each expansion). There are always everywhere downtimes.

If cata would've stuck with the difficulty it had at launch it would have easily been my favorite, but it turned out to be the worst.
    Bane

BC > Wotlk > MoP > Cata

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    So Im confused on what "great raid content" wrath had. You mean Burnout Citadel or Naxx?
    Yes, ICC and Naxx. Naxxramas 2.0 got a bad wrap because it was so easy, but as far as enjoyable content goes it was great. Alt runs. Casual pugs. Laid back main raids. If you were looking for a challenge, it wasn't so great... but for pure fun and enjoyment? Naxx 2.0 was a high point I think. It was really the very first time that raid content was accessible. I say all that as someone who has been at the bleeding edge of raiding for almost a decade now.

ICC is in my opinion the finest raid instance they've ever created. Yea, it dragged on a little too long, but it had something for literally everyone. 10N for casual guilds and pugs, 25N and 10H for organized groups, and 25H for the bleeding edge crowd. Everyone was happy. Some of my best times in WoW were had during the long lifespan of ICC in both main raids, alt raids, and most importantly GDKP pugs.

Ulduar was also a fantastic instance, although I think it was a little overrated personally.

ToC and ToGC rightfully get reamed. That was an awful instance from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    I mean, how you can even compare Cataclysm 5mans and Wrath 5mans is beyond me, they are complete opposites. Wrath was an AoEfest and Cata took thought and minor coordination, which led to massive subloss of the players who were accustomed to LOL AOE SPAMM XDDDDD
    Cata heroics for the first month required (some) thought and coordination, but after they were nerfed they were right back to WotLK AoE-fests.

My comparison was mostly about ICC 5-mans and Hour of Twilight 5-mans. Both rewarded very good gear and both were faceroll. For alts, it was very well designed compared to the LFR grind of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Yes, ICC and Naxx. Naxxramas 2.0 got a bad wrap because it was so easy, but as far as enjoyable content goes it was great. Alt runs. Casual pugs. Laid back main raids. If you were looking for a challenge, it wasn't so great... but for pure fun and enjoyment? Naxx 2.0 was a high point I think. It was really the very first time that raid content was accessible. I say all that as someone who has been at the bleeding edge of raiding for almost a decade now.

ICC is in my opinion the finest raid instance they've ever created. Yea, it dragged on a little too long, but it had something for literally everyone. 10N for casual guilds and pugs, 25N and 10H for organized groups, and 25H for the bleeding edge crowd. Everyone was happy. Some of my best times in WoW were had during the long lifespan of ICC in both main raids, alt raids, and most importantly GDKP pugs.

Ulduar was also a fantastic instance, although I think it was a little overrated personally.

ToC and ToGC rightfully get reamed. That was an awful instance from start to finish.

Cata heroics for the first month required (some) thought and coordination, but after they were nerfed they were right back to WotLK AoE-fests.

My comparison was mostly about ICC 5-mans and Hour of Twilight 5-mans. Both rewarded very good gear and both were faceroll. For alts, it was very well designed compared to the LFR grind of today.
    I agree with the first part, wotlk made raiding accessible to most of the peoples especially those that back in bc got stuck with kara and zul aman; regarding cata heroic the problem wasn't only the coordination required but also the change that blizzard do to healers mana regen, i remember perfectly many runs where even after using cc the healer was oom, so they raised the difficult + required coordination + lack of gear+ change to the healers = wipefest.
    Wiping like crazy in lfg just do the daily was not fun at all and many peoples tell that to blizzard with their pocket, in the same way today peoples is telling blizzard that putting in game a crazy number of daily quests, only few dungeons, etc is not the right way to go.
    Imho blizzard should go back to wotlk design adapting some nice futures they introduced in cata and mop.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP > Cata > Wrath > TBC

Nagrand was the only thing i could stand in TBC, rest of the zones and questing were no fun for me at all.

Very low, wrath was best imo, miles better then what we have now.

I really hope next expansion is darker with a more mature setting.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Gonna get hate for it
    Cata>wrath>tbc=mop

For me personally I liked WoW better pre-expansions.

As far as MoP, playing through it for the first time it has to be the most melee unfriendly expansion to date, they went way out of control on the don't step in, stand on, or must run away from tactics, and not in just dungeons and raids either, they spread this crap all over the questing zone encounters too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wotl>Late MoP 5.2 and out>TBC>Cata>Start of MoP due to dailes
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Have we really hit that moment where all of a sudden people now say wrath was the best expansion?

Crazy times.

TBC=MoP>>>wrath>cata