Poll: Which is your favourite WoW expansion?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    I hate ranking classic/vanilla because it can't really be compared to an expansion? I dunno.. BC > MoP > Cata > Wrath

10+ Year Old Account
    I think bc's unquestioned standing as the best expansion ever needs to be questioned. It loses in every expansion poll done around here. Coming in 3rd to mop; it seems the nostalgia factor bc enjoyed is wearing off.

Its not over until the new xpac is out. Hopefully that won't be too long or they'll see huge increase in sub losses, sadly.

My list goes

Wotlk>Tbc>Mop>Pre>Cata

enjoyed them all

Mop >= TBC > TLK > Cata.

Cata is easily the worst, I think most people would agree to that. As for the other I think allot of wrath babys will pick wrath because they started playing then. I tried to look at it more objectively ( less rose tinted glasses). I think MoP would be superior to TBC if LFR didn't exist. If it was just Flex -> normals -> heroics, raiding would be better imo. I put TBC over TLK because the raiding was better as a whole in TBC (yeah it was less open to people then in ICC but eh). Also DK's didn't exist, and for a while that class was broken as hell. World pvp was nearly non-existent compared to TBC. TLK brought LFG which is a double edge sword tool, faster dungeons but it really helped to kill server community. I think it's easy to put mop over TLK. MoP brought in brawlers guild, scenarios, heroic scenarios, world bosses again, "rares" with lots of fun items, proving grounds, pet battles, isle of thunder which was cool then timeless isle which is pretty sweet, and flex ( I think that's everything). Reading back on what I wrote I think I'm convincing myself to just put MoP as #1 alone then TBC after, I don't understand how people could put MoP as last or second last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Well, despite its hardcore and not-so-friendly nature, TBC remain the better one for me, I loved both pve and pvp in the way they were in that expansion and I absolutely loved the Outlands. That said, MoP come close for the richness it offered, the considerable amount of lore and the presence of so much end-game content (unlike Cataclysm).

So for me is something like: TBC>MoP>WotLK>Cata

P.S. I took away Vanilla because is not an expansion, in that case would come at the second place after TBC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree fully with Derah on this topic. However, I think my placement would be MoP - TBC - WoTLK - Cata
    Can't really place Vanilla, I started during BC, and it has been my favourite expansion ever since. I really like the story of a game, it makes it or breaks it for me. And Cata.. well, it offered a whole lot but delivered a minuscule aspect of it. Meanwhile, I enjoy the new thrill MoP has given so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath>TBC>Cata>MoP. Probably biased since I didn't PvE in MoP and that was my primary thing in Cata which kept me playing for the whole expac near enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    I still haven't forgotten how they treated people who wanted to play alts at the start of expansion. For that alone MoP won't get high rating from me.
    They treated you like you had to play the alt to have an alt. Play your main -> get everything for free on alts should be only on the last patch of a expansion, just like it is.

Vanilla = TBC = WotLK = Cata = MoP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I don't like how they approached a solution in 5.4 "So you hate dailies? we wont include any, instead kill a trillion mobs to reach exalted"

I hated the timbermaw grind, and I hate the shaohao grind.
    I agree with almost everything except for this little bit. I'm a weird guy and I love endless braindead grinds like these for reputations. I have most pre-MoP factions at exalted, but the ONLY rep I have at exalted now in MoP is the Black Prince. (I grinded the Darkmoon rep for my insane title before the super nerf with the dailies. 100k herbs was fun)

Now, I don't think all reputations should be gigantic grinds, of course not. But I love them, why shouldn't they all be grinds? Because that wouldn't be fair to the other players. Just as it's not fair to make every reputation a daily grind. I hate dailies a lot, but I love grinds.

We got one single grindable reputation (I'm really not counting the Black Prince) and that was Shaohao, one of the most useless repuations in the history of WoW. Still, I'm glad they added at least one this expansion. (I guess you could add in Warbringer farming as one way, but I don't know any people on low pop servers and my server has the second or third largest horde population of all servers (I'm horde too though))

Cataclysm was absolutely perfect for me. You could choose between dailies or heroic grinds. I wouldn't complain if they added the same deal again, but made the reputation from heroics could be even smaller, I wouldn't mind that. And as you said, the rewards weren't vital for progression except for Therazane and once again, as you said, that grind was very endurable even for people that dislike grinds.

Edit: I lied. I have some factions at exalted. Those you can grind through Warbringers and Shado-Pan Assault.
    Last edited by mmoce8f8bee469; 2013-10-12 at 03:40 PM.

MoP>Cata>>>>>WotLK>>>>>TBC

Didn't play in vanilla.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    I always wonder why wrath is that high in such rankings. The content was rather half hearted and the raids were pretty lame except ICC.
    LOL are you kidding? Ulduar pretty lame??? One of th ebest raids ever (according to several polls about this kind of stuff). Karazhan and Ulduar are always in the top of the list.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    In terms of my enjoyment:

TBC > WOTLK > MoP >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata

in terms of quality:

MoP>WOTLK> TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cata
    yup this exactly.