Deleted

Sockets for Shadows

First of all
    Im just twinking my Priest. My main is a Hunter!

what i dont get is when i have a dmg trinket which gives me 7% more wp . why do i gem exp + haste instead of int haste in red sockets?

It assumes you've reached the haste breakpoints for VT+3 and GCD cap (around 18,250 I think). With the 7% from bindings I think your haste mark (without bindings equipped) needs to be around 17,300. So basically, if you have that then any additional haste is pretty much a waste.

Unsure why the EXP + Haste gems would be recommended though. That makes no sense - Int is always your primo stat. The only reason I can see would be if you haven't reached your hitcap, equipping Haste + Spi makes it a bitch to calculate since Spi is affected by bindings, whereas EXP is not. Makes it easier to fine tune around 5,185 hit or so and maximize the rest.

I guess. In any event, this all hinges on your GCD cap being reached, so if you're not there then it's pretty much business as usual.

With the added input from posters below, it's now much cleared - Gear-based stats like Haste/Mastery/Crit affected by Bindings are better, so you can offload hit (exp) to gems instead and it's a plus value. Makes sense now! Thanks!
    Last edited by Voidsinger; 2013-10-09 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    thx for the quick answer^^

Deleted
    Expertise gives you hit. Since ALL of our secondaries (hit, spirit, haste, crit and mastery) are worth more than .5PP at this point, getting more secondaries in gems is the way to go.

If you gem expertise, your gear needs to have less spirit and hit. This you can reforge into haste, crit and mastery, which would give you more of a gain then the gemming of Int would gain you.

This, of course, only works if you can stay safely below the hitcap. If this is an issue, gemmint Reckless will still be the way to go.

What ilevel is your priest? You should sim yourself to make sure your secondaries are higher than int. If it's your alt, it might not be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Sim your Priest, you'll only get confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelicat View Post
    What ilevel is your priest? You should sim yourself to make sure your secondaries are higher than int. If it's your alt, it might not be.
    Your secondaries will never be higher than Int, except maybe Hit before cap. It's if they are worth more than half of int, because certain gems contain twice the secondary stats on them than int (ie 320 vs 160), so if they are worth more than half, the pp will calculate out higher.

I agree though, simming your own toon doesn't give the whole picture. Have to go through every fight scenario with every talent combination, keeping in mind Haste breakpoints and current equipment and compare all the results to find trends. Being able to just do a single sim on patchwerk to get your own weights no longer is valid data (unless they put patchwerk back in the game like Onyxia reboot style).

Quote Originally Posted by Spinalcrack View Post
    Your secondaries will never be higher than Int, except maybe Hit before cap. It's if they are worth more than half of int, because certain gems contain twice the secondary stats on them than int (ie 320 vs 160), so if they are worth more than half, the pp will calculate out higher.

I agree though, simming your own toon doesn't give the whole picture. Have to go through every fight scenario with every talent combination, keeping in mind Haste breakpoints and current equipment and compare all the results to find trends. Being able to just do a single sim on patchwerk to get your own weights no longer is valid data (unless they put patchwerk back in the game like Onyxia reboot style).
    My bad, I didn't mean that secondaries will outright outscale int 1:1, I meant what you meant basically, that gemming a secondary over int is more worth it.

Simming is pretty simple too, why would he get confused? I don't think it's really realistic to try to gear for every single situation since every fight in SoO is so different.