Deleted

Heroic progression path

Hi guys sorry for new topic but couldn't find one where ppl discussed about progression path. Currently my group is 2/14 HC (Immersus, Protectors) we are planning on killing Norushen and another boss next week. We debate which boss should it be, Sha or Nazgrim. Is any boss easy particularly?

Deleted
    just kill the bosses in order, first 8 are incredibly easy and difficulty is mostly linear from that point on. one could argue spoils is easier than malkorok though, but then again, both are easy.

Generally speaking, you can do the first eight in the order they appear in.

Of course, certain bosses might be slightly easier for you depending on your team, but the first eight really depend on just ensuring you execute it properly. Immersus for example is really easy, yet can also be easily messed up.

Deleted
    Nazgrim is easier than the previous bosses, but like cherry said first 8 are pretty much at the same level of difficulty so I wouldn't skip them just to kill one boss.

Deleted
    Aye they said after ToT they wanted to get the difficulty curve smoothed out and they seem to have just about nailed it this time around.

You can skip the odd boss like the above folks have said but they're all relatively similar in difficulty until you get to the last 4 really.

Yup, this time Blizzard made a good a job, the difficulty is linear.

BUT

Don't listen to a guy with 568 itemlevel when he says those bosses are easy.

Some of those bosses are dsp/heal/cordination checks IF your gear isn't good enough. Find out which fits for your raid team the best.
    From my experience (8/14HC) with much lower itemlevel as Cherry has:
    Norushen - dps/cordination
    Sha - cordination
    Galakras - cordination/heal
    Juggernaut - heal
    Shamans - heal
    Nazgrim - dps/cordination
    Last edited by Vilendor; 2013-10-08 at 11:05 AM.

We wiped on Sha of Pride and Galakras heroic for a bit and went and killed Iron Juggernaut heroic pretty effortlessly using the outrange strategy in siege mode.

Shamans are quite difficult but you can "cheat" mechanics by using 3 tanks and 3 healers. Way easier. It's from 10M perspective. We are now 8/14HC and shamans were the most difficult.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    just kill the bosses in order, first 8 are incredibly easy and difficulty is mostly linear from that point on. one could argue spoils is easier than malkorok though, but then again, both are easy.
    I'd say they are not "incredibly easy", but thats my opinion Im not a hardcore-raider.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-10-08 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I'd say they are not "incredibly easy", but thats my opinion Im not a hardcore-raider though.
    I second this. I keep reading people claiming how easy the first 8 are, they are not. Granted they are not super hard either but faceroll they ain't.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you have killed 8/14 HCs, what's next? (10 man POV)

Do you continue in a straigth line up? Or can you go non-linear after that?

I've heard Malkorok is a pretty hard rock. Are Spoils easier to do? Is Thok easier?

I know it's subjective what's easier. But maybe there is a rule of thumb like: if your people fail alot, skip malkorok. if you have strong dps, spoils is easy. if you have great healers, thok is easier than malk/spoils.

Or anything like that?
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

The difficulty ramps up from Malkorok onwards. Doesn't matter what your raid is good at because malkorok < spoils < thok < siegecrafter =~ paragons < garrosh

My guild is currently working on iron juggernaut and if you do the tactic of running away in p2 dps is a very close call we only got to 8 or 9% with 3 healers so we dropped another healer we got like 5 tries in with 2 healers and got him to 0.2% or 1.5mill xD with beserk up

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for an additional point of reference, we only got Immerseus HC down last reset, as our main healer was away on holiday for the first normal reset, which pushed everything back a week and we had some availability issues.

This reset, we killed Protectors Heroic in 2 pulls (after a few pulls practice the reset before) and Norushen Heroic in 2 pulls (just a higher DPS/healing requirement version of Normal) then got Sha of Pride in after arounds 5-10 pulls on Wednesday and a couple of pulls on Sunday, Galakras Heroic in 15-20 pulls on Sunday and then Iron Juggernaut Heroic took us around 20-25 pulls Sunday into Monday. We then skipped Shamans and had a couple of Nazgrim Heroic pulls with 3 healers before raid end, but have enough DPS available to run 2 healers on it tonight so will spend an hour or 2 on that hoping for a quick kill.

Progressing in a linear fashion is probably the way to go, the difference in difficulty between bosses isn't too bad, our DPS are very strong but our healers are a little weaker - mostly due to lack of gear with gearing up players that weren't raiding during T15.

In terms of difficulty of the 6 bosses I've killed so far, I'd say:

Norushen >>> Protectors > Immerseus = Galakras >> Iron Juggernaut

The main thing holding us back on all of them was pure healing requirement, the additional mechanics in Heroic on all of those fights are all very simple to deal with and require very little in the way of altered strategies, just requires better management of the mechanics than when zerging through normal.

If you have good healers, you'll zerg through the first 6 no problem as there aren't any massively tight DPS checks. We brute forced them using high DPS even with undergeared healers and didn't have massive problems on any of the bosses! I don't think we had more than 20 or 25 pulls in total on any boss so far!

The fights feel like they are tuned for about 550 ilvl imo, at least the first 6 (and probably 8 gauging by what other people have said). Looking forward to the fairly steep ramp up from Malkorok onwards.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

From my 25 man perspective:

(All pretty easy)
    Immersius
    Iron Juggernaut (Overheal it and laugh all the way to a kill)
    Galakros
    Nazgrim
    Protectors
    Norushen
    Sha

Shamans

Spoils
    Malkorok (At the ilvl we killed it. Once people are geared it will be a joke)

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just suggest linear progression order for all of them. No need to complicate things, sure there are some easier bosses in the first 8 but nothing is so much harder than rest that would warrant an out of order progression. Btw, dark shaman with 3 tanks 3 healers are very easy for 10m.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evory View Post
    I second this. I keep reading people claiming how easy the first 8 are, they are not. Granted they are not super hard either but faceroll they ain't.
    Everything is relative. Compared to what heroic raiders are used to, the first 8 are incredibly easy. The first 8 are for sure not easy for "normal mode raiders", but considering they are heroic modes, they are rather underwhelming.

@OP, you could go non-linear during the first 8 bosses. The harder of the first 8 bosses is protectors, sha of pride, iron jugg and dark shams. But really, the difference between the first 8 bosses is not that high, I would just go at them linearly. After the first 8 just continue linearly with Malk, spoils, thok, siege, paragons and garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    When you have killed 8/14 HCs, what's next? (10 man POV)

Do you continue in a straigth line up? Or can you go non-linear after that?

I've heard Malkorok is a pretty hard rock. Are Spoils easier to do? Is Thok easier?
    Malkorok is a kitten compared to Thok in 10 man. I would just keep going linearly in 10 man really after the first 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Everything is relative. Compared to what heroic raiders are used to, the first 8 are incredibly easy. The first 8 are for sure not easy for "normal mode raiders", but considering they are heroic modes, they are rather underwhelming.
    Exactly. An "average" heroic guild did ToT bosses maybe one boss a week on average up to Dark Animus/Lei Shen. Now they are doing 6-8 bosses in the first week.

Honestly I would just say, go in order. It should be good even for some of the more casual guilds.