Poll: Would you date / marry an undead?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Just in case if you missed my reply to your previous question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley Read it, it is enlightening.
    Yes I saw it. And as I said on a previous post of mine, I don't find it creepy because I know it's a robot.

With that said, Draenei and Orcs are not robots. So if we ever meet aliens in RL and they have two legs and two hands, then to me they are considered humanoid. If there are people who find that creepy then they are the ones who need help.

10+ Year Old Account
    your comparison doesn't apply because a fresh undead is still undead, while a lemon will never be a steak.
    That's rather precisely my point, a lemon isn't a steak. A "fresh undead" is undead. A fresh, lemon scented undead who happens to be a regular person with a low body temperature and possibly lower restaurant bills ... not so much so. These undead we're discussing have been spun beyond recognition, just like the lemon.

In terms of how they think and act, it would be just like the WoW forsaken.
    Undead in WoW tend to be a bit short on the happier emotions, they aren't just like they were in life. There is also that little icon they click, the one where they feel like a snack and tear into a nearby body. Assuming that I'm willing to date a person who is a permanent downer, I think that second point is a deal breaker for me.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Yes I saw it. And as I said on a previous post of mine, I don't find it creepy because I know it's a robot.

With that said, Draenei and Orcs are not robots. So if we ever meet aliens in RL and they have two legs and two hands, then to me they are considered humanoid. If there are people who find that creepy then they are the ones who need help.
    A monkey is a humanoid

Lets all just think about that for a while

Not a chance UNLESS I was undead as well, since we're both skeletons we might as well bone? (pun intended!) But for me as a human NO way. urgh!

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    A monkey is a humanoid

what's wrong with monkeys? I wouldn't date or marry a monkey, but I certainly don't find them creepy or "uncanny".

to me, they are just animals like any other. not any creepier than dogs or cats.

also: cats are awesome, dogs are bad.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-10-09 at 12:11 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

well im not much into necrophilia so my answear would be no
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    A monkey is a humanoid

You find monkeys creepy? Never thought I'd hear that.

Deleted
    Woah this day just keeps getting crazier and crazier

Zantos, please watch Warm Bodies, its very good and entertaining and exactly what you descriped in this thread. You WILL be pleased. :-)

Deleted
    Would be great to kiss a mouth filled with rot

Quote Originally Posted by Puffler View Post
    Well i often find myself in graveyards at midnight with a tub of vaseline and a shovel, so it would make the process easier.
    Haha.

Thanks for the new signature

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Not sure where yo post this, but putting it here. So, if there were undead, just like the ones in Warcraft that retained their humanity, would you date / marry one? Now, they wouldn't look exactly like the WoW undead. They wouldn't be half rotted. Im going on more about the ones that would be freshly risen. They would look exactly like they did in life, except grey skin and cold and all. In terms of how they think and act, it would be just like the WoW forsaken. They would have their free will, humanity, and memories from the past.
    Im not ,...I dont even....what in the hell.

Really, I wonder how many sick ass people are going to say yes.

NO, thats sick!

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the undead part of things. If the person is undead like the vampires from Underworld (minus the superpowers ofc), sure, why not. They just seem a bit pale, but they have feelings, rational thinking, proper body functions etc. If it was something like Sylvanas and her Dark ranger, where they are well preserved, look a bit different but become cold heathed, then no. If it's like the zombiefied Undead, like the WoW's Forsaken are, where they have rotting skin and bones outside of their bodies (maybe even missing a lower jaw), then a big no.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

10+ Year Old Account
    This one is back? o.O

Too many guys think farting is funny in the first place.. imagine one that smell like something has died all the time. Nooo no no...