Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,023
    It doesn't cause "Input Lag" but can have a similar effect same as other poorly coded addons. This is directly related to the discussion because it's been hard for the team to sort out what is legit Input Lag from other reports. There's no need to get uppity Lohe.

    Fact is even if it's a slight nerf on some fights it's helping to make the game work better for everyone which is more important. Holy will just have to suck it up and heal on.

  2. #62
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    There's no need to get uppity Lohe.
    Just like there's no need to tell people that their recount hurts others in their raid? Gotcha.
    If people are having issues with Recount they can stop using it, they should not stop using it just because others in their raid are having problems.

  3. #63
    Bloodsail Admiral Frmercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Probably Sleeping
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Just like there's no need to tell people that their recount hurts others in their raid? Gotcha.
    If people are having issues with Recount they can stop using it, they should not stop using it just because others in their raid are having problems.
    Cool. I was wrong on that account: Recount is still bad, you and anyone else still using it should upgrade. Skada is popular one, but I'm sure there are others.

    Why am I telling you this? Do I benefit in some way from you using another addon? Am I somehow personally affected in a negative way by you continuing to use Recount?

    Nope. I'm telling you because I'm trying to help you.

    More than likely you just didn't realize that Recount was problematic because you have a system that can power through it or possibly just attributed performance issues to something else? I don't know the reason but now you have the info and I'm done being silly with you on this subject.

  4. #64
    3 seconds is a long time. Most healers can cast active spells to heal a player up in the time it takes EoL to tick once, let alone twice. On Thok i noticed a big difference and so did my raid. We couldn't stay in phase 1 as long as we used to. No matter how you look at it, it is an HPS reduction. They really need to update Holy Mastery. Make it an Echo of Mending so that it is no longer a HoT but a 15s mending charge that gets released on damage. Or have each tick of EoL heal the lowest health player within 15 yards of the target.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    3 seconds is a long time. Most healers can cast active spells to heal a player up in the time it takes EoL to tick once, let alone twice. On Thok i noticed a big difference and so did my raid. We couldn't stay in phase 1 as long as we used to. No matter how you look at it, it is an HPS reduction. They really need to update Holy Mastery. Make it an Echo of Mending so that it is no longer a HoT but a 15s mending charge that gets released on damage. Or have each tick of EoL heal the lowest health player within 15 yards of the target.
    I think they should just change the EoL duration to 4s with a tick at 2s+4s, or even better; 1s+3s.

    No more smartheals pls, I really think they should cut down on that.

  6. #66
    Fluffy Kitten Lohe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Cool. I was wrong on that account: Recount is still bad, you and anyone else still using it should upgrade. Skada is popular one, but I'm sure there are others.
    And now you're wrong on another one. Recount isn't bad, it uses more resources because it has additional functionality. If Skada had the options Recount does and still remained lightweight in comparison I'd use it. Thing is, it doesn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    More than likely you just didn't realize that Recount was problematic because you have a system that can power through it or possibly just attributed performance issues to something else? I don't know the reason but now you have the info and I'm done being silly with you on this subject.
    Thanks for your help. I totally didn't realize, that's why I mentioned the issues with recount and slower computers already.
    TWICE.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    You shouldn't lag, if you drop fps that's expected if your computer can't deal with it because recount is more resource intensive than skada is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    When I had a slower computer recount would make me drop frames, it wouldn't cause input lag.
    Someone who was actually trying to help and not just looking to force their poorly informed opinion on people would actually read before replying.

    You're not helpful. If you actually knew your stuff and read what people said first, maybe you would be. I suggest trying that next time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •