Deleted

Thread that shows how the good side of the community reacts.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8048685641

A level 86 ebayer that does less dps than a freaking mob and people are calling OP a bullyer.

Gotta love the good side of the community. Lets all defend bots, slackers and ebayers yay.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-10-08 at 07:25 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because half of them probably are bots, slackers, and ebayers themselves.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Where does he say he's an ebayer?

Deleted
    86 and 3k dps and people are telling OP that he sucks because he dont want to teach a level 86 to do more dps? Oh wait this game is so easy nvm you can just slack until ilvl 530+.

Well anyways that thread made my day. Glad the replies are actually not that kind of negative, im surprised. Good night yall<3 Work tomorrow, sadly i have to lift a finger, the boss is a bullyer
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-10-08 at 07:28 PM.

I don't kick people out of LFD because of low DPS, as long as they are making an effort. Wth do I care? The thing will be over in 10 minutes anyways. Kicking them is not going to make them learn to be better.

Now if someone just puts me on /follow and goes to make a Hot Pocket, I'll do my best to get them booted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I don't kick people out of LFD because of low DPS, as long as they are making an effort. Wth do I care? The thing will be over in 10 minutes anyways. Kicking them is not going to make them learn to be better.

Now if someone just puts me on /follow and goes to make a Hot Pocket, I'll do my best to get them booted.
    I agree, but that's the thing about meters. You can check if they are just auto attacking. I think it is hard to say that 3k is not just auto-attack.

If they are trying, performing adequately for their gear, I'll leave them alone. Being normal/heroic geared and calling out others who are less geared for not pulling as much is being elitist. I don't expect average players to dps at challenge mode levels in regular heroics. I do expect them to pull half of that, roughly 30-40k. Less than 50% effort is just being lazy.

Now ofcourse there are new players, but Blizzard DID add a tab for your basic rotation in your spellbook. And a simple overview of mechanics in the journal. Random group content doesn't need more than this, and expecting people to contribute their 1/3, 1/5 or 1/17 of the damage is not being a bully.

The damage has to come from somewhere. Somebody slacking means others work longer and harder.

TBH i found out that the best thing to do in LfR is to just keep your head down and clever comments to yourself, because people just seem to hate troublemakers and they don't care how good your intentions are.

It's because the median player is terrible. They protect other terrible players by demonizing anyone who wants to "tell them how to play, since I pay the same $15 you do." Yeah but *I* pay $15 too, and you are slowing me down because you're either leaching, 5 years old, or brain dead. I don't get why the tank is a dick for wanting to kick a low DPSer. How else is he going to learn? Oh we should teach him? If you're doing 3k dps at 86 there is NO help for you. You clearly don't care and I really don't know why I would waste time trying to help someone who won't help themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    It's because the median player is terrible. They protect other terrible players by demonizing anyone who wants to "tell them how to play, since I pay the same $15 you do." Yeah but *I* pay $15 too, and you are slowing me down because you're either leaching, 5 years old, or brain dead. I don't get why the tank is a dick for wanting to kick a low DPSer. How else is he going to learn? Oh we should teach him? If you're doing 3k dps at 86 there is NO help for you. You clearly don't care and I really don't know why I would waste time trying to help someone who won't help themselves.
    You realize brain dead wouldn't even be able to use a computer right? Enough with the hyperbole. Still your point has merit at times. Yeah people do demonize others but not everyone is like that or uses that excuse in said context.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-10-08 at 08:36 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's easy enough to do around 8-10k for Cataclysm dungeons. I agree with the op of that thread, just not his delivery. He could have just whispered the person before the dungeons done and tell them to look up their class since they're severely lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You realize brain dead wouldn't even be able to use a computer right? Enough with the hyperbole. Still your point has merit at times. Yeah people do demonize others but not everyone is like that or uses that excuse in said context.
    Honestly, at 86 you do more than 3k by auto-attacking. If you can't auto-attack, what are you even doing? I don't think brain dead is hyperbole in this case. If you just join a group and stand there you need to be kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varabently View Post
    Honestly, at 86 you do more than 3k by auto-attacking. If you can't auto-attack, what are you even doing? I don't think brain dead is hyperbole in this case. If you just join a group and stand there you need to be kicked.
    No it is hyperbole. Brain Dead really is more inhibited. Really some people are just bad and or really have attention span issues. That or lag or something making them being afk.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    ugh this thread

can a forum mod just lock it now?

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    I always wonder... Why do people join dungeons / LFR / BG or what have you... And then AFK (or just autoattack)? If you don't want to play the game, don't play the game. Don't be a burden to the other people who actually want to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    ugh this thread

can a forum mod just lock it now?
    Why? I find it quite entertaining. /Opens Fresh Bag of Lay's

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    TBH i found out that the best thing to do in LfR is to just keep your head down and clever comments to yourself, because people just seem to hate troublemakers and they don't care how good your intentions are.
    The standard LFR player just wants their free epics, anything that slows down their path to epics is a problem.

And the irony is, their auto-attacking is slowing it down. But they'll flip out if someone stops to try and help them.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The standard LFR player just wants their free epics, anything that slows down their path to epics is a problem.

And the irony is, their auto-attacking is slowing it down. But they'll flip out if someone stops to try and help them.
    It's a balance.

Some people who "want to help" are narcissistic arseholes who just want to call said person out in public to degrade them and make themselves look knowledgable, this causes people to be defensive in general when somebody mentions their poor performance, so people actually wanting to help get shouted at by "bad" players.

Then there's the bad players mentioned above who don't care about advice or have too much pride (potentially ironic in SoO) who shout at the person trying to help.

It's a vicious circle ending with people who want help not getting it and people who want to give help too afraid of helping due to the response, all because of a few ass holes on each side

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Some people who "want to help" are narcissistic arseholes who just want to call said person out in public to degrade them and make themselves look knowledgable, this causes people to be defensive in general when somebody mentions their poor performance, so people actually wanting to help get shouted at by "bad" players.
    People who start their advice with "you suck" aren't actually trying to help.