Wanting to play a rogue again, haven't since early Wrath (80)

Hi,

I've been wanting to play my 80 human rogue for some time now but I know nothing about it anymore. Is combat still the best leveling spec?

I guess I will be buying gear from the AH since all of my ilvl is 201. Are those 409-442 blues worth buying (armor, trinkets, rings, weapons)? What has the biggest impact on killing (I assume the weapons)?

Thanks!

If you buy 442 or whatever weapons at 80 and play combat? Killing shit should be real easy.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    I've been wanting to play my 80 human rogue for some time now but I know nothing about it anymore.
    Rogue is still really similar to how its always been. There's not too much more to learn from WotLK to now.

Is combat still the best leveling spec?
    Any spec works for leveling. I like Mut. Others love Combat. Crazy people like Subt.

I guess I will be buying gear from the AH since all of my ilvl is 201. Are those 409-442 blues worth buying (armor, trinkets, rings, weapons)?
    Yes, the high ilvl, low req lvl BoEs are worth picking up. If you're leveling from 80, remember that heirlooms will take you to 85. The xp-boosting ones are worth getting at least.

What has the biggest impact on killing (I assume the weapons)?
    Weapons and trinkets. Don't underestimate other pieces though.

I bought:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87513
    and
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=87516

for a few hundred gold, along with 409 bracers, 425 legs which were about 2k for both.

it's all the AH had for now