Research Project Help

Hello All,
    Some friends and I are conducting a research study that looks at the impact of psychological factors on social interaction in both MMOs and more traditional video games. However, what we really need are people who play MMOs to take the survey. It is completely anonymous, you will not be contacted about your information, and takes approximately 30 minutes.

Feel free to pass on the link because we can use all the help we can get.

Also, on a side note, for those interested the website has links to past studies that are directly related to WoW.

If you can help, we'd be grateful.

http://www.michaelpmccreery.com/Survey/index.php

10+ Year Old Account
    you probably should of asked before you put this up because when people advertise stuff its actually a virus
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-19 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    you probably should of asked before you put this up because when people advertise stuff its actually a virus
    I dunno, 11 posts shows solid community involvement. Upstanding member since Oct 2013 too.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-10-19 at 01:35 AM.

Deleted
    I answered up to question 50, saw I was in page 1 of 5 and closed it, shorten it a hell of a lot or few will bother answering.

Deleted
    Some of these questions are just weird, and there's a lot of question

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I answered up to question 50, saw I was in page 1 of 5 and closed it, shorten it a hell of a lot or few will bother answering.

i didn't even see that, im on question 48 page 2/5.

Sorry but 30 minutes is too long of a survey. You should have offered like a $50 amazon card raffle to people who completed the survey.

Deleted
    what sort of research are you doing? im getting some weird questions for a gaming survey..

i got 20 questions now on page 3 about mental health :\

Over the last 2 weeks, how many days have you moved or spoken so slowly that other people could have noticed? Or the opposite - being so fidgety or restless that you were moving a lot more than usual?

- - - Updated - - -

and page 4 has 120 questions, im out.

OP, make your survey shorter.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2013-10-08 at 10:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    this is interesting data people who play mmos are so lazy and addicted that they dont have time to respond to a "quick" survey
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

@xZANGEITIx - I did ask and unfortunately no one responded.

@RICH8472 - Ya it does suck that it has to be longer than a standard survey (10-15 min) but that is the nature of what we are trying to explore. To shorten it would make it easier for people but harder for us to answer the questions we need answered.

@peggleftw - The long term purpose is to use this data to support the development of a game-based VE that can help kids with various emotional and behavioral disorders, hopefully keeping them out of the system.

@Vizardlorde - I have found that people tend to be willing to help out. Sometimes you have to take a little grief on forums but it is worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elygos View Post

@RICH8472 - Ya it does suck that it has to be longer than a standard survey (10-15 min) but that is the nature of what we are trying to explore. To shorten it would make it easier for people but harder for us to answer the questions we need answered.

@peggleftw - The long term purpose is to use this data to support the development of a game-based VE that can help kids with various emotional and behavioral disorders, hopefully keeping them out of the system.

@Vizardlorde - I have found that people tend to be willing to help out. Sometimes you have to take a little grief on forums but it is worth it.

i filled it out eventually, just took a while. on the last page there was 120 questions, but a lot of them were repeated questions multiple times.

I think it would be harder to answer the question if you don't have any data. Help people help you. Come up with better questions that are easier for people to answer while still being valuable for you. Or, pay them.

@frumper - It would be harder you are correct, fortunately people like to help. We actually did not come up with the questions. These are validated questions that answer a specific set up topics. If I could make it easier I would.

Hello All,
    We are still looking for help. Hopefully we can get another 70+ people to complete the survey.
    E

Deleted
    Hello All,
    We are still looking for help. Hopefully we can get another 70+ people to complete the survey.
    E
    Sure, if you shorten it by 15 minutes.