Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    No. That would be silly.

My recommendation would be to actually look at the data parses to see who is doing things incorrectly. Like incorrect rotations, not using CDs properly, not healing at the right times, etc... Then, you help correct that behavior to have a successful run.

Yes, it actually takes communication, understanding of class abilities, and being social. /shrug
    Not everyone can audit 11 classes and 33 specs for their correct rotation. Everyone can read a dps meter. Its a very useful thing to have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I LOOOOOVE NUMBERS! I make the font bigger on my UI for heals, just so I can appear more awesome!

Well, really. I don't mind the number-munchers, as long as they don't throw the numbers at me in dungeons (lvl 15-90 normal dungeons).. keep them away from there, I do no hesitate reporting people for spam. But within Heroics or Raids, I see a use for it. LFR for example, has a good use for it as some people still use LFR as a shopping cart and lets other people push the cart.

For normal+ raids, well, you are expected to trust your raiders a bit, but good to keep the numbers going to see where you can advance, do changes and more.

For Heroics (Dungeons), please.. just.. share them pr. boss fight.. no more, no less.. not on trash.. or because you feel like it.

But hey, we all have our opinions to share!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    No. That would be silly.

My recommendation would be to actually look at the data parses to see who is doing things incorrectly. Like incorrect rotations, not using CDs properly, not healing at the right times, etc... Then, you help correct that behavior to have a successful run.

Yes, it actually takes communication, understanding of class abilities, and being social. /shrug
    So we're right back to meters. /boggle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Well, I guess the solution wouldn't be to replace people anymore. You'd probably have to make sure everyone knew what they were doing and encourage everyone to do better regardless of where they are on the meters.

Sounds like a pain.
    Meters give you a way to see what the player might be doing wrong. I'm not here to publicly shame someone for bad performance. If it's a regular then the mature thing is to point them to resources that help them improve. Suggest addons or the removal of poor addons.

For example we had a trial shadow priest in ToT. After the second raid we brought up that his dps was extremely low for his ilevel. He gave us some weird answers that didn't make sense. So I ran him through askmrrobot and all his crap was wrong. Not to mention he hadn't enchanted 3 items for over 2 weeks. When we asked him to verify his rotation it was completely wrong. We gave him one more raid and he opted not to change so we moved on.

With no meters a person like could be extremely lazy and be hindering progression without anyone noticing. I really hope people aren't referring to 5 mans, scenarios, etc. Because getting upset over meters there is pretty lame. If you don't like carrying a small group, queue with friends.

No. That would be silly.

Yeah let's just put the entire raid on hold for a short eternity to do this inane bullshit rather than remove the extremely low player(s) until the raid is over and then go over what they're doing wrong for next time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    They are not rigid. There are different levels of difficulty available for your style or skill level. I find tank failure the least of the issues. 9/10 times it's DPS standing in a fire, not stacking correctly, forgetting to use personal cooldowns on big damage, not killing an add in time, etc.

Dark Shamans for example : People scream at the tank for dropping slimes on their head. Guess what? Move out of the damn way when they drop the slimes in a circle or go melee the other add.

Recount would point out exactly who took damage requiring additional healing that was 100% avoidable.
    Yes, there are different difficulty modes, but within those modes majority of the time the conditions for success are pretty much fixed. If boss does A, you do B or you fail. There is no failing to do B and maybe get a lesser reward and rarely can you "recover" from failing to do B.

Raiding is all about getting a pattern down. A fixed rigid pattern.