Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Flex mode is the best addition to the game in a very, very long time.
    Also agree with this. I'm a normal/hc raider but we have a guild run each week and most of our core guys will go with some of the others who don't get to do organized raiding. It's really cool we can include our family/friends without worrying about leaving people out or upsetting anyone.

It's only natural that Flex would be popular. It offers gear with a higher item level than almost every single piece of non-normal/heroic raid gear in the game, the only exception that I know of being Balanced Trillium crafted gear and equivalents. On top of that, Flex is actually EASIER than LFR if you have at least a semi-organized group. Went through the Underhold on flex yesterday with only one wipe, and that was on Thok.

When you combine those things, it makes sense that you'd have a lot of people running it. I personally think that flex is a great idea, but we can't forget that reward versus difficulty makes up a big part of what and how people do things in this game, and flex has pretty great rewards for the difficulty level.

It's also a sort of LFR+ for normal/heroic raiders, and being able to complete your tier set with Flex pieces is much better than completing it with LFR pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been running a Flex group for the last 2 weeks, and will continue to do so. It's great - I invite some guildies and post the event on openraid. I have an entire week to filter out the bad people by checking their gear raid progress via the wow armory. Probably 50% of the people I find on openraid have no normal mode SoO experience, but I've given them a try if they have all their gear properly gemmed and enchanted. Also the fact that you have to create an openraid account to sign up is a good indicator that the person is decent. So far I had great groups with very minimal wipes. Very enjoyable

I'm looking at my oQueue list of ongoing raids on Alliance US and there are 97 listings, at least half of them are Flex groups, probably more than half. Look on Open Raid and it's the same story, dozens of Flex raid events posted, plus more forming all the time in OR chat. So, that's just cross realm group finder tools, and that's what it looks like every night. Who knows how many guild groups are running on top of that.

If you're judging Flex's popularity based on the number of trade chat PUGs you see forming, well, who does trade chat PUGs anymore? If you don't have oQueue and/or and Open Raid account, you're doing it wrong.

PS. I queued for LFR2 on my healer, got in at Nazgrim, and spent more time on Nazgrim LFR than I spent on the entire wing in an oQueue group with my rogue earlier today. It's depressing how bad LFR is now...
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-10-09 at 01:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone keep telling me how great FLEXI is. I have had nothing but bad experiences. Turned off it already. Prefer LFR because it bads can't hold it back as much.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Everyone keep telling me how great FLEXI is. I have had nothing but bad experiences. Turned off it already. Prefer LFR because it bads can't hold it back as much.
    Group with less bads then?

That's one of the major things that makes Flex great, you can pick people if they're underperforming.

It's popular for now because most normal or even heroic raiders can use an extra chance at a trinket or a tier piece here and there. Give it 2 - 3 months and it's going to be reduced to crappy pugs who can't even clear the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellan View Post
    According to Blizzard "Roughly the same amount of people did a flex raid last week as the number that did scenarios".

OK what does that mean? How many players do scenarios? Some how that kind of suggests to me that there aren't all that many people doing flex raiding. I don't know anyone who does scenarios? I found that response funny and confusing at the same time and certainly not informative.
    Thats a typical response from Blizzard, in Blizzards defence I don't think Flex was added for everyone, it was to bridge the difficulty between LFR and Normal mode for the casuals that wanted more of a challenge or guilds that struggled with running normal modes... so its aimed at only a portion of the playerbase, hence the contrast in replies "meh, who cares?" and "its the best thing ever!!!".

Deleted
    I think its pretty awesome, It does feel like raiding unlike lfr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    It does depend on the server. A 'jam packed to the rafters' server is always spamming for flex raid in chat. In lower populated servers though, I never see anyone advertising it, ever. Now, if all the servers had that virtual realm thingy implemented, I think it would be incredibly popular. JMO.
    People use openraid instead of spamming trade, dunno why but they do.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flex seems to be off to a good start and will settle in nicely with Normal and Heroic. LFR is something else being random groups. I thing that what we have now is going to be more or less what we have for a good long while. The only thing Flex and Normal need is a better way to form pugs in game without the use of an addon or outside web site. I think that will come as well but is not such a priority as it might be because other ways exist.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I'll never go into LFR again. Flex is amazing.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    From Ghostcrawler's tweets in today's news post:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    It's as or more popular than normal and growing. It makes sense that flex could grow to be far more popular than normal.
    So there's that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Very popular on my server. My guild so far have been doing it every Tuesday and Friday, and it's really fun. I find it a lot more enjoyable than LFR.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Having 4 difficulties (heroic, normal, flex and lfr) is a bad idea.

Blizzard is giving up on the lfr people.
    They expect them to unsub after 1 month.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2013-10-09 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I do agree with the op with regards people you know doing scenarios, I have around 32 people on my real id and both my realms are over populated (Outland and Dreanor) and I never see people doing scenarios.
    So I know my sample is tiny but how many people do you guys know who honestly do scenarios?
    I play on Outland, and i have seen scenarios in tradechat every time i visit a capital.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Flexraid is what LFR always should have been! Its a great addition to the game.

As a Semi-Hardcore player it encouraged me to finally level my Alt. I always hated LFR and because i play on a small server there are no PuGs around for nHC SoO so there was no reason to play an Alt for me. Now i can just look up for Flex Groups in the LFG-Forums basically 24/7.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Having 4 difficulties (heroic, normal, flex and lfr) is a bad idea.

Blizzard is giving up on the lfr people.
    They expect them to unsub after 1 month.
    I love clueless people.

The only reason I do LFR anymore is for an extra chance for trinkets on toons I have been unlucky on. Flex is a much better option in every way otherwise. Runs are faster, people are generally more competent.

Also, I don't understand why people say nobody runs scenarios. I've never had anything other than an instant queue for normal scenarios, and there are always people running heroic scenarios to cap valor on my server.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.