Thread: Breaks in raid.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm not a raider anymore but during progress, we had ~30-45 min for lunch, and perhaps a ~5-15 min break if needed

Deleted
    4 hour raid, 15-20 minute break halfway through. I like it this way, that's enough time to get a shower, or (if there wasn't enough time before the raid) prepare some food and eat it. And sometimes whe have 5 minute breaks when something comes up. This happens about once or twice an evening. E.g. one has to take his kids to bed, answer the door, or (we had this on monday for Garrosh) someone spills his drink over his keyboard and it doesn't function anymore.

5 hours total - two raid nights of 2 hours and 3 hours. Take a 7-10 minute break halfway through each one. If we down a new boss, there's a 10 minute strategy break while everyone goes to find videos or read up on the next one.

Not longer than 10 minutes, 1 break halfway a 4-5 hour raid.

Deleted
    10mins in a 3h raid, extra 5min if we extend an hour is the norm iirc, but we're a guild of mostly 30-40 year olds with kids, so we often have situations where someone needs to disappear for 5mins because their daughter has woke up or work has called etc.

Deleted
    We usually have a 5-7 minute break about halfway in. Raiding 3 days a week 3 hours at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ours varied quite literally around me.

From Karazhan days, when I began raiding, my parents did the whole "Dinner at the table as a family" thing but I found a series of raid groups that tolerated that. Was tolerated in BC and then in WOTLK as well. In WOTLK I raided all the content on both 10 and 25 and then quite a lot of heroics as well. Was literally an entire raid sitting there waiting for me. I felt guilty but in literally years I was never replaced, and I wasn't even a raid leader or an officer. Whether my realm has a shortage of tanks beyond my comprehension, or I'm good, is unknown.

Come Cata I started leading myself and the same thing happened. Would vary between 10-45minutes sometimes if it was a huge family argument. I came back once to find my 10man raid team having a Star Trek quiz because they needed entertainment...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ours are 5 minutes long. Just enough to get up and stretch a little, but not enough to dose off.
    We have 2 breaks though, last tier we had 1 break that lasted 15 or so minutes on the hard progress days/weeks.

2 hour raid nights, sometimes going over no more than 10 mins, we usually get a 3-4 minute break at the halfway point.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    In most organized raids you raid from 3-4 hours a night 3 nights a week. That seems to be the average norm per se. Now sitting there everyone needs to take a break, gotta pee, step outside for a smoke, eat something w/e. SO my question to you all is how long are your breaks? In my old guild when I get home I start to prepare dinner then set my food aside, take a shower, then its raid time. some time after we have been raiding we take a15 min break I go and re heat my dinner and shower off super quick. By the time I get out food is hot and I can eat in peace then its back to raiding. 15 mins is perfect for me, so to the other raiders out there what are your break times?
    5-10 minutes. it is only a two hour raid for us. there should be no need of breaks.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

We take 10 minutes but people do use the restroom during runbacks, and if someone needs to afk for longer than 10 we'll pull in an alternate. We raid 4 hours per night x 3 nights a week. It generally is around the halfway mark, if not a little over, that break occurs. Sometimes we forgo break in favor of an extra attempt or two if we're close.

We have a large roster.

Back when I still raided we did 5-10 minutes every hour. The focus you regain more than makes up for the time you lose.

But our raid leader was very busy all the time and was very peculiar about his time invested in raiding. If he didnt see improvement for 4-5 tries, he cancelled the raid and told everybody to get back the next day and be more focused. It worked though, we had quite a few server first from BWL till sunwell.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

We raid 3 nights, 4 hours on each of those nights and I don't think we have ever taken a break apart from waiting on CD's on a fast wipe.

People just bio when necessary and we keep trucking through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    That also made me think... shower off quickly during a break? What did you do before the raid then? :P
    He said he showered before the raid as well D:
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    my guild been on break for about 2 years now. we'll get back to dat heroic rhyolith progression soon. bhaha.

With the group I raided with before we raided 2½ hours 3 nights a week with a 5 minute break 1½ hour into the raid, seemed all right to me

Deleted
    5 to 10 mins break. I'd give more time as a raidleader if people didn't abuse breaks, but sadly they always do.

10+ Year Old Account
    10-15 minutes. We're raiding 4 hours 3 nights a week, so I try to let my raiders take 10 minutes at the 2h mark. Whenever they get an extra 5 minutes depends on their performance. If they've performed well, they'll get an extra 5 minutes

Deleted
    We raid 3 days a week for 3 hrs and one day 4 hrs. We always have a 10min break around halfway through and maybe a 5min break if someone badly needs to go AFK for whatever good reason.

We do 3 hours 30 minutes x4 per week and break 10 mins normally. Extra 5 mins are taken if someone has a prolonged dc or needs to emergency afk blablabla.