Thread: Breaks in raid.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    5 mins 1 or 2 times in 3 hours. I couldn't do a 15-20 min break.

15+ Year Old Account
    My old guild used to do one 10 minute break every hour that we raided so people could eat/piss/smoke and it allowed for people to be refreshed for pulls.

15+ Year Old Account
    Raiding 2 nights a week from 20:00 to 24:00, taking a sheduled 10mins break at 22.00 always.

I remember in vanilla we would raid 14:00--->23:00 on weekends with a 30mins break at around 19.00, that was it :P Real men back then. Accompanied with random readycheck during the raid (On trash) which were -dkp if you failed to answer it.

Deleted
    we have no scheduled breaks. everything is shared, including opinions, sometimes the great leader decides we're taking a break. mostly it's just when people need to brb. I'm sneaky though, and smoke in between pulls.

For us break time is when ppl who just got loot dip out real fast... upgrade/enchant/gem and then back at it again
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    For us break time is when ppl who just got loot dip out real fast... upgrade/enchant/gem and then back at it again
    ....I was one of those people who took the time to reforge/respec between some bosses. It was always a hassle to rush to get stuff done while everyone else is dicking around relaxing and then have to beg like a bitch for a summon back.

It wasn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Adsertif View Post
    People just randomly AFK to bio if we're running back, we usually raid 4-5h straight, though.
    Or on trash. Under certain circumstances we get 5 minute breaks for whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    The big question is, why OP showers before and during the raid?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    usually 5min break every time an hour ends, sometimes longer then 5min but then we usually went on 1.5h without a break.

Deleted
    I don't care about breaks personally, I usually can do everything that is needed during trash or during the time ppl need to run back after a wipe , I'm a healer and the other healer doesn't mind, healing trash is usually boring to 2 or even 3 heal. When I pee, it takes 30 seconds, literally. I don't know why people need so long. No need to have a 5 minute break for that.

OT: We have a 5-10 minute break as well, once, at a random time, usually whenever the RL wants to eat supper or when a couple of people desperately need a smoke. We raid 3-3.5 hours dependend on whether a new boss kill is inc or not.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 days/4 hours

No real scheduled breaks. People just afk to use the bathroom or get up and move around randomly during trash, or right before a boss as there is typical setup. If we just killed a boss and it was hard we usually just take a 5-10 minute break.

For the most part we usually take a couple minute break after each boss.

Worst thing is when it happens in pugs, and people take a break, then someone else needs to brb, then someone has to go, then someone gets sick of waiting...

Synchronise your bladders people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Two 5-10minute breaks during a 3 1/2 hour raid, normally 15 total for the night

We take an organised 5 minute break somewhere within the raid, but often if we're on a roll we just keep going and no-one seems to mind.

5 min for bio then back to raiding.

The guild im in raid 3 nights a week from 20.30 server time to 00.00 during which we have a approximately 10 min. break at around 22.00.

Deleted
    3-4 raids per week, 4 hours long 7.30pm - 11.30pm, one break at ~9.30pm, 15 minutes, plus random pee breaks.

I always hated breaks during raids. You can pee, grab something to drink or eat inbetween pulls or during trash (follow) without letting people wait for you.

Most of the time they were 5 minute breaks (only 5 minutes during a 3 hour raid). 15 minutes is too long in my opinion. Unless you are raiding 4+ hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    The big question is, why OP showers before and during the raid?
    That also made me think... shower off quickly during a break? What did you do before the raid then? :P

During progression we get 3 breaks in total, a quick 15 minute break then a 30 minute lunch break and an hour break for dinner. During farm we rarely have breaks but people tend to afk during trash to what they need to.

two 5min breaks, or a 10min if reviewing a fight or to blow off steam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    We take an organised 5 minute break somewhere within the raid, but often if we're on a roll we just keep going and no-one seems to mind.
    same here, for progression we always take breaks, but for farm a lot we just steam roll
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.