Thread: Breaks in raid.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We raid 3x a week for 3 hours. We take a 10 min break as soon as people start sucking and losing concentration.

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally am not a big fan of scedualed breaks, you can pee, grab a drink or some food in between pulls quickly and have someone res you. Or can do something quick during trash. But that's just me. Our raid group will have 1 or 2 10min breaks a night.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

15+ Year Old Account
    I now have this picture in my head of the OP going into the shower, turning it on, taking his laptop out and turn off the shower, goes on a 2 hour raid while sitting in the bathtub, then when it's break time he puts the shower on again and "showers off real quick".

Or he only raids with 1 hand and with the other he........

we raid from 19:30 to 24:00, two times a week. breaks are usually around the 22:00 mark, going from 10 to 15 minutes.

3 hour raid night.. we get one 5 minute break.

5-10 minutes depending on how much time was wasted earlier during the raid. If we start late, no break.

Most people usually just sneak afks when they really have to go anyway, so a break is pointless to me - unless you're making really good time.

On another note... I've played in a lot of high end guilds in cata/wotlk, play always seemed to be significantly worse after a break.

We didn't usually take scheduled breaks people just went afk randomly while running back. We raided 7-11 server 4-5 nights a week
    Thanks to Shyama for my beautiful signature
    Naobí 2/7 Mythic

2 1/2 hours, 3 nights a week, we take one 5 minute break which almost always ends up being 1 hour before finish and 10 minutes long.
    In my Alliance guild we used to raid 3 hours and take one 5 minute break after an hour and a half, almost exactly.

The guy who said 20 minute break every hour o.O How on earth do you get anything done? lol

I've really been meaning to actually schedule a regular break time during our raid nights but the timing never seems right.

5 minute break halfway through a 3 hour session.

We raid 2.5 hours a night, 3 nights a week. from 9:30-12.

We generally take a 5 minute break around 10:50 ish. Most peoples flasks are up by then, so it works out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I now have this picture in my head of the OP going into the shower, turning it on, taking his laptop out and turn off the shower, goes on a 2 hour raid while sitting in the bathtub, then when it's break time he puts the shower on again and "showers off real quick".

Or he only raids with 1 hand and with the other he........
    oh man ive been busted by the master sleuth lol. I used to do my "shower routine" back with my old guild when we got 15 mins breaks because the seat I have is leather and that combined with a computer that makes my room hot+shitty ac work in my place so its to keep swamp ass at bay, or maybe i should just invest in a big fan to keep the room cool. for the record im not a big person. Cant really do it now since my current raid we dotn get much breaks D: there I said it. Dont judge me -_-;
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

15+ Year Old Account
    We take a 5 min break on occasion during our raids. We only raid 4 hours 1 time a week so we try and make the best of that 4 hours and that sometimes means no breaks at all so long as everyone is ok to go!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't do "proper" raids, normally LFR, and now some times Flex, so no breaks unless the leader of the flex raid says so, but with my brother, and his raiding guild, i think they take about 5-10 mins after how ever many attempts on what ever boss they're on
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    My raid goes for 3 hours 3 nights a week and honestly I don't see the need for one. If a number of people whisper me and say they need to brb bio I'll make a random 5 min break, but generally the people in my raid game out for longer than 3 hours at a time so 15 minute breaks would just be a waste of our time...we're here to raid and kill some bosses in a very short time frame.

4 hours 3 nights a week, and we get like a 5-7 minute break which is just enough time for me to walk my dog.

Otherwise, I'm fast enough to get a drink or go to the bathroom between wipes.

We rarely set scheduled breaks (usually 1 a week with 4 hour raids 3 nights a week). But they tend to be 10-15 minutes. Usually on tuesday right before our next Heroic boss we start progress on. This allows everyone who got upgrades to gem/enchant/reforge and still have a few minutes to re-focus and take care of whatever they need.

Sometimes in the middle of the raid someone has to go take care of something and we take an informal break (bathroom, drinks, etc) and resume pulling when everyone is present for a ready check. But most of the time people just do that while the group runs back from a wipe and gets rezzed

The importance of breaks is generally different per group. We haven't had much issue with people losing focus mid-raid, in fact, some of the best progress kills we've gotten were when we decided to do one last pull for the night

Anyone else think it's weird that people have breaks for raids that go less than 5 hours? 3-4 hour raids? Grab and drink and restroom prior, you don't have a ton of time to work with. If you really have to toilet go quickly on trash. If you're a big eater keep energy bars/drinks near the pc. Just not comprehending all these 3 hour per night groups taking 15minute dinner/fapping breaks mid raid. You're playing a video game. You're not at the gym lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    oh man ive been busted by the master sleuth lol. I used to do my "shower routine" back with my old guild when we got 15 mins breaks because the seat I have is leather and that combined with a computer that makes my room hot+shitty ac work in my place so its to keep swamp ass at bay, or maybe i should just invest in a big fan to keep the room cool. for the record im not a big person. Cant really do it now since my current raid we dotn get much breaks D: there I said it. Dont judge me -_-;
    Sorry you could have kept that to yourself next time please? Disgusting, didn't need to read.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    We never raid more than 2h30, so no breaks. I wondr why the four hour format it's so popular in the rest of EU. I suppose it's because you guys dine much sooner than in Spain. There are obvious advantages to thrash and free days obviously, but 4h seems to be for the +25h hours guilds, no the strict 12h ones here.
    Wait... you raid a whole 12 hours in total in a week? That means you raid 5 times a week? That sounds very uncommon.
    And no, ever since Classic WoW the guilds I've been raiding with have always been 4 hours per raid, wether it was 1, 2,3 or 4 days a week, no matter if it was casual or semi hardcore.

On topic, when I still raided (played) back during most of Cataclysm and start of MoP, the breaks were usually varrying from 5 to 15 minutes, depending on if we were waiting for someone to come online, people had special stuff to do, if we were asked to take a look at a video during the break etc. Rarely with more than 1 break per raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fappasaurus View Post
    Anyone else think it's weird that people have breaks for raids that go less than 5 hours? 3-4 hour raids? Grab and drink and restroom prior, you don't have a ton of time to work with. If you really have to toilet go quickly on trash. If you're a big eater keep energy bars/drinks near the pc. Just not comprehending all these 3 hour per night groups taking 15minute dinner/fapping breaks mid raid. You're playing a video game. You're not at the gym lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry you could have kept that to yourself next time please? Disgusting, didn't need to read.

we are all mature adults here for the most part. people asked I answered nothign disgusting about it unless you dont sweat. The room where my computer is in gets a little hot and I have a thing about sitting for long periods of time anyway so it solves most of my issues, and taking breaks as a matter of fact are recommended even when youre playing console games they always say get up and take a break its just a game after all. but then again all this coming from someone named Fappasauris hmmmm wut?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

We raid for 3 hours from 9:00 EST to 12:00 EST and usually take the break as close to 10:30 as possible. It's a 5 minute break but there's always one or two people who decide to take a bit longer (the main reason I don't extend it to 10, as I'm sure the same people would continue to return late). If we're in the middle of trash or just wiped, people are allowed to take a quick piss if they feel the need to. Can't stop nature.