Page 1 of 17
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573

    The LFR deserter debuff for tanks needs to be, like, 7 days

    Or, I dunno, 1 day the first time, and if you get a deserter debuff again within a week, 7 days.

    I would be fine with a long debuff for healers too.

  2. #2
    Why only Tanks and healers? I see more DPS leaving the group than Tanks and healers.

  3. #3
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by nelle300 View Post
    Why only Tanks and healers? I see more DPS leaving the group than Tanks and healers.
    Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.

  4. #4
    Sure, let's give us Tanks even less of a reason to run LFR!

    If the group is failing, then why do I have to stay?

  5. #5
    Actually, let's be fair, anyone leaving a group gets a 2 week debuff, no matter their role. Risk losing a chance at gear for 2 weeks or try to work with others. Afk? get a 1 month ban from lfd/r.

    lol

    but you know what would help your tank problem, learn to tank

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Because the time it takes to replace a DPS is like .0002 sec and the time to replace a tank is 10-60 minutes.
    It doesn't take 10-60 to replace a tank, what the hell are you on? The groups I'm in as a tank, and the other one leaves, then we wait like 2-3 min

  7. #7
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    291
    as a tank, i would like a deserter-debuff to dps that are kicked. Then i wpuld spend all my ingame time voting for 30% of dps in LFR to get kicked - the reason why i sometime leaves a raid is as simple as, I dont want to spend my time and gold on getting killed, either because dps suck at dmg, or at other simple mechanics.

    So dont get started - normally noone leaves if things are going well!

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,167
    I don't join LFR because of the people lol, If anything goes wrong, Tanks get blamed first, then healers, DPS get away with being AFK all the time, Tanks definitely don't, I have 516ilvl on my Druid but I've never joined as a tank for the reason of the DPS (IMO) are morons
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  9. #9
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where the wind carry my wings
    Posts
    318
    Good idea, let's put more responsability on the shoulders of the tank without compensation so less people takes the job...

    Hum, I understand your point, but the problem is not that tanks leave, it's that there are not enough of them to quickly fill the spot.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Actually, let's be fair, anyone leaving a group gets a 2 week debuff, no matter their role. Risk losing a chance at gear for 2 weeks or try to work with others. Afk? get a 1 month ban from lfd/r.

    lol

    but you know what would help your tank problem, learn to tank
    Been in SoO for about 5 hours now. I'm not sure there's a lot of tank gear that my mage needs.

  11. #11
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    567
    They should just give tanks 10 stacks of determination on entry and raise the cap.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade and Soul View Post
    Sure, let's give us Tanks even less of a reason to run LFR!

    If the group is failing, then why do I have to stay?
    You don't get a deserter debuff if the group is failing. You don't get a debuff after a wipe, if a boss is already dead or if a certain number of people(I think five?) have left before you.

    What they really need to do is bring back the old mechanic where if a tank or healer leaves they take their whole queued up group with them. The biggest issue with tanks leaving and the long ass wait times for a new one is the practice that is more and more common every day where someone queues up as a tank or healer to get a fast queue for a friend, and then immediately leaves. Depending on the time of day it can take upwards 30-40 minutes to find a replacement tank.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    So dont get started - normally noone leaves if things are going well!
    Arrive in downtown Org. Tank goes berzerk, pulls all trash, teleports out. 15-20 minutes before people stop dying to the trash as they zone in.

    Other tank was AFK. Kick after 14 minutes AFK.

    20-30 minutes wait for more tanks. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

    10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. One tank leaves.

    10-15 minutes wait for another tank. 1 pull. Fail. Both tanks leave.

    Group slowly falls apart. Close enough to reset that LFR queues are probably broken now.

    Yes, the ability to kick and ban more DPS would certainly have fixed all of these problems. Oh wait it would have fixed absolutely zero of them.

  14. #14
    so let me get this straight...because your run is failing, you want tanks to be locked out from LFR, Dungeons, Battlegrounds etc for the entire week?

    How does this in anyway create incentive for tanks to stay in the dungeon? if anything you will be either causing more tanks and healers to unsubscribe or go download oqueue and play in flex mode, leaving you with nothing but the mouth breather tanks who just dinged 90, got a full set of 496 gear + 1 535 item from Timeless island, didnt bother to gem or enchant or even get a meta gem, hop in LFR and just die on the 1st water elemental pulled.

    I understand your plight, I play all 11 classes and I love to level. I did dragon soul LFR for cata on all 10 of my toons that were 85 (aside from my main who was in full 410 gear by the time Cata was over) and I loved how easy the leveling progression was for my alts when i decided to level them since i didnt come out fresh from cata in 333 gear. I want to repeat that process in Mop with full LFR gear + Garrosh BOAs but I noticed since flex mode came out, the community in LFR has....well....tanked. I left a LFR on my tank simply because the arguements in chat were soooo toxic that I was ready to just unsub because of it. I then downloaded Oqueue and I can safely say on my Tanks I will never do LFR again, and if I can get my DPS in there as well, good show.

    You need to also understand flex mode has siphoned alot of the players who did LFR because they didnt have a good time to raid on a schedule, but also didnt like the toxic nature LFR brings aka DPS who AFK while auto attacking, DPS who Queue as healers for faster queues and assume that the other 5 didnt do the same and would carry them, Trolls who face pull the entire instance and leave. Flex mode offered them not only better gear, but the same "I can do this on my own time" mentality and because its Cross Realm, they can just get addons like Oqueue or Openraid and voila, no more LFR. They can get into a mumble, vent etc and discuss things, almost no one drops because they wiped, instead they pick themselves up and try again. They dont go "oh well, 9 more stacks of Derptermination and we will have this"

    Like I said, you need to reward players who stay, not punish those who leave with something this severe.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,361
    The biggest problem I have is with tanks that join then leave as soon as they get in. Either they didn't want to be there (often seen when they leave fresh runs), or don't want to be in a fail run (see determination stacks). They're accepting that they're going to get deserter, but it's easy enough to log an alt for 30 minutes.

    I'd like to see deserter buffed to 1 hour and it doesn't run down when offline, might mitigate it somewhat.

    Some people, mostly tanks from experience, maybe because they have instant queues, seem to queue up with the sole intention of leaving the group hanging and logging off.

    Something needs to be done about the entire system, not a specific role, I think due to the nature of tanks queue being the shortest (and thus groups waiting on a role are waiting on tanks the longest), that it's just more noticeable with tanks. DPS leave all the time, but the spot is filled before you can blink so you don't notice it so often.

  16. #16
    Brewmaster Sleepykin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,396
    As a healer, I'd gladly put a lifetime debuff on about half of the DPS in LFR every single week. There are enough of them to refill the spots quickly anyway
    deviantArt | queue: closed

    in this world full of people there's only one
    and if we only live once, I wanna live with you

  17. #17
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The biggest problem I have is with tanks that join then leave as soon as they get in. Either they didn't want to be there (often seen when they leave fresh runs), or don't want to be in a fail run (see determination stacks). They're accepting that they're going to get deserter, but it's easy enough to log an alt for 30 minutes.

    I'd like to see deserter buffed to 1 hour and it doesn't run down when offline, might mitigate it somewhat.

    Some people, mostly tanks from experience, maybe because they have instant queues, seem to queue up with the sole intention of leaving the group hanging and logging off.
    I don't have a problem with a tank voluntarily leaving after, say, 1-2 hours.

    After 1 pull, no, that tank is seriously inconveniencing 24 other people, and shouldn't be able to use LFR for an extended period of time.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    I don't have a problem with a tank voluntarily leaving after, say, 1-2 hours.

    After 1 pull, no, that tank is seriously inconveniencing 24 other people, and shouldn't be able to use LFR for an extended period of time.
    Very much so, for as much as people mock it for being, and thus seemingly believe it to be, LFR is not free epics, especially not when it's a new raid and people need to learn the mechanics. (which somehow seems to take some people an eternity >.< )

    Work needs to be put in, and I like that it's not just a loot pinata.

  19. #19
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    202
    If that nonsense ever got implemented, I would just queue as dps to get the tank gear. There's no incentive for me to stay when the dps keep pulling the trash/boss before I do or when dps don't want to listen to how the fight works. If the group is bad, I reserve the right to bail on it and shouldn't get hit with a longer debuff. There are more dps players going AFK with no penalities and healers who don't even heal during the fight. Im fine with a longer debuff on leaving early, but it needs to apply to all roles...not just tank

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    You don't get a deserter debuff if the group is failing. You don't get a debuff after a wipe, if a boss is already dead or if a certain number of people(I think five?) have left before you.

    What they really need to do is bring back the old mechanic where if a tank or healer leaves they take their whole queued up group with them. The biggest issue with tanks leaving and the long ass wait times for a new one is the practice that is more and more common every day where someone queues up as a tank or healer to get a fast queue for a friend, and then immediately leaves. Depending on the time of day it can take upwards 30-40 minutes to find a replacement tank.
    Aye had a fresh run on second wing of SoO, when I zoned in both tanks had already bailed. I wanted a fresh run so I waited but group size got down to 5 people at one point. There is no reason to not at least try once after zoning in, if you feel like bailing after a failed attempt go nuts. Bailing before even trying should get you a pretty big deserter debuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •