Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I entered LFR. Used my Drums with Hero. Autoshoted the boss. wipe samething again. And this once I used my drums after the trash was done, it was fun.

We wiped around five times on alla bosses. But atleast I had some fun

Deleted
    Oneshot Apeguy, twhoshot spoils - wich is the most fun encounter Ive seen in this xpac - 3rd has yet to come as raid fell apart
    but tbh if you dont like lfr go flex, its easy and fun - especially done with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    What I find funny is the mutually exclusive comments that get made here by elitists

1. OMG. LFR is so dumb-down and easy.. it doesn´t deserve to give epics
    2. OMG. these guys suck so bad, they wiped 5 times.

I am just not sure how both of those things can be accurate at the same time which is why, although I don´t do LFR anymore, I tend to think we are just dealing with a bunch of kids with small penises in this forum that need to brag to feel good about themselves.
    I know you thought you were being clever here, but it's actually quite simple.

Most LFR players are so bad that they still fail on watered-down, brain dead content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I haven't really been this harsh about it in the past but when I log on, I log on to play. When I get into queue, I'm in queue to play something, not to watch TV for an hour. Lazy players will be lazy no matter what. It's a game after all. Why anyone sits in queue for a long time just to AFK through something seems remarkably retarded to me. I see it all the time on here and I never understand why people think it's something to be proud of or that they appear to be really fucking smart by recommending that people do that. Don't get it at all. Life is too short to AFK through it.

Maybe it would help to actually give out exactly the same gear but with blue print instead of purple. If that's what it takes to get the AFKers out of there fine.
    I don't think most people run LFR in order to AFK. In general, most everyone in LFR is moving around attacking and casting spells. They may not be very good at attacking and casting spells, but that's what most people are doing. A few aren't for various reasons. However, it seems that the people who quasi-AFK through LFR also like to post about it on forums, because they are dissatisfied for some reason, or because they feel that being a nonconstructive member of a team and getting away with it is something fun to brag about, or who knows, whatever.

I would never log in to a GAME to do something that I disliked. If I was playing a game that required me to do something terrible in order to progress, I would find a different game. So, like you, I don't really get the mindset of "I have to do LFR therefore I will AFK through it and LFR is terrible."

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If they are gonna nerf the fights to the ground at least the gear could be nerfed accordingly.

I think Hogger level greens would be good.
    Yes, effort and reward should be proportional.

I don't understand why players expect to zone in and collect loot while running through the instance. You go into the dungeon to kill trash to reach the boss, then kill the boss to get loot. For some reason, LFR created the expectation that just zoning in entitles players to getting loot.

Thok will one-shot anyone he has laser-beamed, but not anyone in the way of that person (that person takes the 155k hit discussed earlier). I suppose that's fair enough.

We were kind of confused by Thok because he almost never cast Acceleration, and he transitioned to p2 on his own - so he'd go into P2 with like, maybe 2 stacks of Acceleration.

Spoils is easy as long as you DPS the urns. They're the only thing that still hurt. I suppose you could get a person dropping 4 bombs right on top of each other, but they have an arming time and smart players can avoid them easily. If you don't split the group evenly, though, you will still get wiped if one room finishes ahead of another.

Malkorak has THREE (3!) shadow fields for a 25 person difficulty. You can almost accidentally have a person in all of them. The arcing smash does basically nothing. But the Blood Frenzy still hurts a bit.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've had decent luck with LFR since wing 3 opened. Both the battles and the gear drops have been good to me. First time with Thok, the group took it down in one go. Bit of trouble with Spoils but we nailed that on the second try.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they are gonna nerf the fights to the ground at least the gear could be nerfed accordingly.

I think Hogger level greens would be good.
    LFR gear should be good enough to clear the next level of LFR... and it certainly shouldn't be purple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickletusk View Post
    Part of me is sad that they have to dumb down LFR to faceroll levels. Another part is happy that' it's not a frustrating wipefest like part 2 SoO LFR.

On the other hand, who cares? Flexi mode is where it's at!
    Agreed, although I enjoy Heroic more.
    Stay salty my friends.

You must have had a good group. Mine was a wipefest all through.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    LFR gear should be good enough to clear the next level of LFR... and it certainly shouldn't be purple.
    Would it make you feel good when it was the exact same gear and they just wrote the name of that gear in color green instead of purple?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Would it make you feel good when it was the exact same gear and they just wrote the name of that gear in color green instead of purple?
    Yes, that would be quite nice.

Ya know I did wing 3 in LFR last week with a pretty set group.

We did wing 1 an 2 w/zero wipes. We moved on to wing 3 wiped on the first boss ( one tanking it ) then killed him with one stack of fail.

Then we got to the second boss after 5 stacks of fail most of us bailed.

Personally I think the second boss is a tuned a little high for LFR groups....

Haven't tried it yet this week. Honestly I am kinda afraid to. Haven't seen anything about it being nerfed yet, but then I haven't been paying that much attention.

While I think you've got an unfortunate disorder, this takes me back to something I suggested when I noticed Timeless Isle epics were flooding our guild news tab.

They should add a level between blue and purple. I'd say Fuscia. (Purplish blue, but still clearly not blue) Call it "Exceptional quality" and put gear like the Timeless 496s there. Do I think they should do the same with LFR gear? No. Would I complain if they did? Nope.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I agree with above poster, I also believe you have an unfortunate disorder.
    So just the color bugs you, because it is the same as you have?

What's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I know you thought you were being clever here, but it's actually quite simple.

Most LFR players are so bad that they still fail on watered-down, brain dead content.
    And anyone who struggles on normal are so bad that they fail on watered-down, brain dead content in comparison to Heroics, right?

So far this week has been easy mode. 2 shot Spoils, just had to rearrange groups and 1 shot Thok. Just as that ended, Gate queue popped and they just beay Dark Shaman and we 2 shotted Naz (hit engage timer for the first time, felt odd) and just as that ended the queue for last stand of Zandalari popped and we wiped on Colassus mini boss and once on Horridon (410K tank). I fear the rest of the week.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Anyone who says they have easier content for the same rewards are pretty daft. The difference between LFR and normal is 25 ilevels, which means across 15 pieces the LFR raider is down 375 ilevel points worth of performance. Go strap on a full set of normal gear and then a full set of LFR gear, if you can’t tell the difference in performance then you can’t be helped because reality does not apply to you.

Also realise that there are many different kinds of players in LFR, from those who know the stats ahead of time, max out valor every week and min/max their gear to the AFK and the guy who only wants to see the tier end boss die and then quits and doesn’t care about wipes, gear, strats or rotation. Fortunately the later goes away after the tier boss dies leaving us in peace until a few weeks before the next content drop comes along. Too many people act like the bad people in LFR are everyone in LFR just like people who get flipped off on the highway after being cut off by a bad driver go around telling everyone that everyone on the roads are bad drivers. The truth is you were mistreated by 1 person and the other 299 people you passed were following the rules of the road.

The real question people should be asking is why anyone would choose to put up with the cesspool that is LFR rather than joining ‘the golden age of raiding guilds’. Pssst, the answer is time, not skill.

Leave the people in LFR alone, do the content you like with the people you like and stop trying to police 7.5 million other players.

Second week in a row that third wing has been a 1-shot, 1 wipe, 1-shot for me. It's much nicer than all the bitching, complaining, name calling, calls for kicks, that you still see in the second wing (even on the first day of the raid week). Thank god the stuff I need drops from third wing for the most part.

Unfortunately, my realm doesn't have the population to support a large number of real raid guilds (six guilds total have at least one boss down, only two have six or more, and none have normal Garrosh down as of last night), so LFR is where most people end up having to go. Don't believe me? Check the realm out - US-Kalecgos. We do run flex every week as a guild, but even fielding 10 players for that can be an issue.

No, I am not willing to spend real money to transfer off the realm. There are much better / more necessary things to spend my money on.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.