Method's vs. Blood Legion's Garrosh kill

I just watched both videos and had a question based upon what I saw. It looked like Blood Legion had quite a few more minions of Y'saarj that Rigg was kiting as compared to what I could see Sco kiting. Is there something I missed here, or could this be handled with a different strategy? I'm just semi curious overall based upon what I saw.

IIRC, method killed a few waves, while BL just kited all the adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Different strats. Sco only kited at the end of P3 from what I saw, and Rigg was kiting at the start of P2

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Thanks for the quick responses!

Deleted
    I'm curious as to why Method didn't kite the adds, seems a lot harder to deal with the adds especially when they have to die in like 10 seconds or they get buffed. Especially in 25m where there spawns more adds and it's alot harder to spread out to kill them. But I guess props to them for being able to pull it off!

10+ Year Old Account
    different ways to skin a cat errr boss
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen the videos, but can I ask how a warrior manages to get and maintain threat on the adds, while also avoiding melee? I know DK's and Monks can do it, but I wasn't expecting it from a warrior tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    I haven't seen the videos, but can I ask how a warrior manages to get and maintain threat on the adds, while also avoiding melee? I know DK's and Monks can do it, but I wasn't expecting it from a warrior tank.
    Stun the adds, TClap/Deep Wounds/BB. Mocking Banner (if it works).

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by anuhk View Post
    I'm curious as to why Method didn't kite the adds, seems a lot harder to deal with the adds especially when they have to die in like 10 seconds or they get buffed. Especially in 25m where there spawns more adds and it's alot harder to spread out to kill them. But I guess props to them for being able to pull it off!
    Same reason they spread out and killed adds on Ragnaros instead of aoe-ing them down. Personal point of pride to not 'cheese' encounters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Same reason they spread out and killed adds on Ragnaros instead of aoe-ing them down. Personal point of pride to not 'cheese' encounters.
    Please, do not spread false information. Method said themselves they did not have enough AoE dps to kill the adds on Ragnaros with their current roster. That was the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorant View Post
    Please, do not spread false information. Method said themselves they did not have enough AoE dps to kill the adds on Ragnaros with their current roster. That was the reason.
    This. Even Paragon(I think they stacked 3-4 frost DKs back in a day, same done vodka, but vodka also had 1 UH, for DnD slow and ST burst I guess,m need to recheck the video).
    Everyone knows that with geyser nerf in 5.3 hundreds of guilds started to farm that boss they were using pure aoeing tactic. Same for 10 mans-I remember that when carying a buyer it was enough to get Fdk+Shadowpriest+hunter and these 3 were able to AoE for 6 man dps in 416 epics(25 ilvl difference).
    Nitros14, please, if you do not know the encounters, do not paste silly things. The adds on ragnaros were spread out because they were unavailable to tank, they were buffing each other when they were alive, and would oneshot anyone they approached or two-shot anyone if they were buffed with at least one more add in range. The Garrosh encounter adds buffing each other when they are dying, so the biggest problem is to kite-not-kill any single one. If they are not dying, none of them having extra health and damage. I can see that you never done Ragnaros on any difficulty in Cataclysm;however, I wish you to kill Garrosh(at least in flex) and next time provide smart comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Nice personal attacks. My comment on Method was a joke.

Paragon stacked the Ragnaros adds up and killed them with aoe before they reached the raid, Method spread them out and killed them single target.

Blood Legion grips and stuns the Garrosh adds then kites them around, Method spreads out and kills most of the waves except the last one.

Seems like a pattern that Method chooses the harder way of doing things.

Method killed the adds because the kiting strat would require a third tank and thus lowering the raids dps in last phase, which is the hardest part of the encounter with that gear level.

Before you would say that this comment of yours was a joke, there is a blow-up tank debuff on phase 3.
    Method got rid of 3rd tank and solo-tanking huge blow up, when Blood legion tied themselves with one of these.
    a)Method went for micro-skills way and perfect timings(making people stay separately and not stacked before Mind COntrols and possible desecrate means that people really knew what they are doing and had perfect timers.
    b)Blood Legion, have not seen whether they picked up extra tank or were dealing with one overstacked tank, got either dps or healing issues and were solving that on macro-skill level(raid cooldowns for huge blows or one more whirlwind/D Weapon because of one less dps).
    IMO BL took harder, a little bit risky and bruteforce strat. However I haven't finished watching the vid yet and will continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Deleted
    The Blood Legion tactic isn't necessarily easier, it just shifts more responsibility onto one or two players (aoe grip, kiting, feathers), whereas the killing tactic spreads out less responsibility onto more players. If you hear how Riggnaros reacts every time the adds spawns, you can see that this is something that went wrong for them alot, and wasn't just a walkover strategy.

Deleted
    Hey guys i have a question about the desecrated weapons at garrosh. I saw in the hc kill video of method that almost all players were stacked up behind the boss and only a few other moved out to place the desecrated weapon behind the group - in phase 1. So my question is, does this work on normal mode?
    thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy69 View Post
    Hey guys i have a question about the desecrated weapons at garrosh. I saw in the hc kill video of method that almost all players were stacked up behind the boss and only a few other moved out to place the desecrated weapon behind the group - in phase 1. So my question is, does this work on normal mode?
    thanks
    You need 7 People outside on 25man and i think 3 on 10man. Dont matter if it is normal or HC.