Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Agree with OP, bring it back without having the negative effects like we had before. i.e amplify increased ur spell damage taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Amplify Magic
    3 min cooldown
    Amplifies all magical effects affecting party and raid members within 40 yards for 8 seconds, increasing healing taken by 30%, at the cost of increasing magic damage taken and absorption effects by 15%. Shares a cooldown with Dampen Magic.

Dampen Magic
    3 min cooldown
    Dampens all magical effects affecting party and raid members within 40 yards for 8 seconds, reducing magical damage taken by 30%, at the cost of reducing healing taken and absorption effects by 15%. Shares a cooldown with Amplify Magic.

Versions like these, I could see happening.

I actually really like these, it would give mages the utility that we have been asking for without making it super overpowered

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by IdTheDemon View Post
    As a mage who raided in vanilla....hell no. HELL NO.

I remember that were a few fights where me and the other mages had to either dampen or amplify the entire 40 man raid.

Ugh.
    are you stupid ? if the spell came back, it would either be a single target spell (with cooldown) or a mass target spell (also with cooldown)

I actually thought those spells were neat, and I do miss them.

I'd prefer something new. Don't really think we need another barrier/amz in the game