Thread: Is This a Bug?

Is This a Bug?

Leveling my aff lock alt, 84 at the moment. Have encountered some very odd behavior that keeps happening periodically, and I'd like to know if there's a way you guys know of to make it stop.

Sometimes when I try casting a spell(doesn't seem to matter which, happens with all of them), I get the error message "Spell not Ready," and all my character does is auto-shoot its wand. Just a little bit ago I was standing in Uldum in front of a mob, completely out of combat not doing anything, and I target it and press my Corruption hotkey--character auto-shoots wand. I try again, same thing. I try casting UA, same thing. I try UA again, same result. 4 times in a row all my character does is auto shoot his wand...

There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern--sometimes everything is fine, sometimes it seems buggy.

What the heck is going on here?

It depends - prior to targetting the mob, have you been in combat with another mob? And when you enter combat, do you right-click said mob? If so, that'll activate your attack, and in this case the ranged attack from your wand. Just try to avoid right-clicking mobs, and I think this should resolve itself.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Are you 100% positive that you don't have any macros for those spells?

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you have a /startattack macro on these spells (for some rather odd reason), it really does sound like you're just right-clicking to target.

Quote Originally Posted by brakez View Post
    Leveling my aff lock alt, 84 at the moment. Have encountered some very odd behavior that keeps happening periodically, and I'd like to know if there's a way you guys know of to make it stop.

Sometimes when I try casting a spell(doesn't seem to matter which, happens with all of them), I get the error message "Spell not Ready," and all my character does is auto-shoot its wand. Just a little bit ago I was standing in Uldum in front of a mob, completely out of combat not doing anything, and I target it and press my Corruption hotkey--character auto-shoots wand. I try again, same thing. I try casting UA, same thing. I try UA again, same result. 4 times in a row all my character does is auto shoot his wand...

There doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern--sometimes everything is fine, sometimes it seems buggy.

What the heck is going on here?
    Right clicking (or if you have the interface option on, left-clicking as well I believe) causes you to start auto-attacking with whatever weapon you have equipped. In the case of a wand, this starts the self-casting "Shoot" spell which triggers a GCD.

99% sure this is the cause.

I haven't encountered this on my lock, but I have on my druid and shaman, usually when planting my farm and taking care of the birds/vermin. What happens is every spell that's keybound gives a "spell is not ready" error when I press it. Clicking one of the abilities usually fixes it. I don't think it's addon or macro related as it happens on my scrubbo alts that have a pretty much stock UI. It happens so rarely that I haven't been able to do much testing to figure out what's going on though.