Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

[Megathread] The Wolf Among Us

Looks like we're getting the first part in a couple of days (The 11th of Oct).

I've personally never read any of the Fables series but the game looks pretty damn cool.

Off topic: Is the comic series worth looking into?
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-01-30 at 05:49 AM.

I'm pretty excited. I really liked The Walking Dead, so I'm looking forward to this a lot. I probably won't buy it until all of the episodes are out though, because otherwise I feel as though I'd get really impatient and then forget about it to play something else and lose interest. Looks really promising though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    I'm pretty excited. I really liked The Walking Dead, so I'm looking forward to this a lot. I probably won't buy it until all of the episodes are out though, because otherwise I feel as though I'd get really impatient and then forget about it to play something else and lose interest. Looks really promising though!
    Yeah I played the walking dead in one hit. In hindsight I was a little disappointed that I didn't play it at the episodes came out. I couldn't discuss the moral decisions as they were slightly relevant.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Hmm, never heard of this franchise before, but I'm intrigued... Has a slight "Dresden Files" feel to it.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Never read Fables. It was always on my list to check out, just never got around to it. But I will be checking out the game. Loved The Walking Dead.

Love Fables; art's always been very rough outside their covers, but such a great story. I guess that's pretty typical for Vertigo titles, lord knows Sandman was never very pretty to look at.

Deleted
    So is this mainly an interactive thing like The Walking Dead? Or do you actually get to hit people in the face or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    So is this mainly an interactive thing like The Walking Dead? Or do you actually get to hit people in the face or so?
    Judging by their previous adventure games, I'm assuming it'll be mostly interactive. I could be wrong though. I'm not sure if any gameplay has been released.

This looks absolutely awesome, seeing it also has a more original(i.e. not zombiehype) storyline to it, I might actually present myself a bday present soon
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

Deleted
    Played through it today, took about 2 hours then went back and played through it again with the different choices. Was pretty great, haven't read the comics but that didn't cause any trouble, and the setting is pretty damn interesting. Can't wait for the next episode, especially after what happened at the end of this one.
    Last edited by mmoc40f44cec44; 2013-10-12 at 09:35 PM.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed it and I'm dying to keep playing! It's like 'Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?' meets 'Unforgiven' meets 'Dick Tracy'!

The chapter actually lasted longer than I expected which was nice. I really like Tell Tale's publishing of players' choice statistics. It's really interesting and I'll be keeping an eye on the percentiles as the game gets more plays and the averages take a more stable turn.

I'm really suspicious of the 'finality' of Faith's and Snow's deaths. 1.) It feels strange and extraordinarily brave to kill off two potential and implicit romance options in the first episode (though Tell Tale have previously demonstrated that they don't pull punches). And 2.) It seemed strange to have a character turn up 'fully' dead after the game made such a big point of the Woodsman not dying after getting an axe lodged in his brain and Fable creatures' general vitality in the first scene. Especially since you find out that Faith is herself a Fable.

!#@$ you all. Was gonna try and hold off on buying this til it came up on sale, but at this rate I don't think I'll be able to hold out...

Deleted
    i loved The Walking Dead and this is looking good as hell, too !

Definately getting the game, but i'll wait until all episodes are out.

I played through the first episode and i must admit Telltale surely knows how to end it in such a way that you are eager to play the next episode, while paying 23 euro for it at this moment with only one episode seems a bit pricey it is in my opinion well worth every bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    while paying 23 euro for it at this moment with only one episode seems a bit pricey it is in my opinion well worth every bit.
    do you get ALL episodes for 23 euros ? meaning that episodes after the first will be unlocked without further payment?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    do you get ALL episodes for 23 euros ? meaning that episodes after the first will be unlocked without further payment?
    yes thats how all telltale things work as of late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    I played through the first episode and i must admit Telltale surely knows how to end it in such a way that you are eager to play the next episode, while paying 23 euro for it at this moment with only one episode seems a bit pricey it is in my opinion well worth every bit.
    How is it pricey? you get 5 episodes.

Deleted
    I'l wait it out, The Walking Dead was boring as fuck and none of my choices mattered. Let A or B die over and over is kinda not really that interesting.

But it's a different game so I'l look in to it either way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'l wait it out, The Walking Dead was boring as fuck and none of my choices mattered. Let A or B die over and over is kinda not really that interesting.
    what i really enjoyed about The Walking Dead was the presentation, not the choices ... it is true that choices didn't matter that much in the game, but the presentation was awesome. the story was gripping and the characters were designed with such a passion.

what i also liked alot was that YOU had to do all the things lee had to do. i know it was just clicking but you actually had to click to cut the mans foot off. that (and other similar scenes) weren't cut scenes, you had to do it, you had to click ... great for immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    yes thats how all telltale things work as of late.

- - - Updated - - -

How is it pricey? you get 5 episodes.
    I know you get all 5 what i meant is for now while there is only one episode out some would argue at this moment in time there is not enough content to warrant the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really enjoyed part one.

All my choices except two followed the majority.

I told Beast that Beauty has just left & I decided to go to the Princes apartment first