Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

AoE DPS - Easiest to Hardest class/spec

In your opinion, what classes and specs do you think have the easiest time doing AoE DPS and what do you think have the hardest? Simple question and I'm curious as to what the answers will be.

By AoE DPS I mean all types of scenarios: 2-3 mobs(though this is less AoE and more cleave but still), 4-7 mobs, 7+, etc.

EDIT: This is assuming a legendary cloak or trinket/proc that has AoE abilities is not involved. Just pure class mechanics.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2013-10-09 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Easiest must be elemental shaman

Deleted
    Surv Hunters, can't get much easier than that: Multi-Shot (with perhaps putting down a trap and Barrage if you took the talent).

2-3: Cleaving, as you said, just put Serpent Sting on both of them.
    4-7: Multi-Shot (+Trap if they're alive for long at pull and Barrage if you got it)
    7+: Multi-shot (+Trap if they're alive for long at pull and Barrage if you got it)

Quite on par with Elem Shamans.

2-3: Put Flameshock on all of them, use CL if you haven't got the glyph or just do single target
    4-7: Chain Lightning (with perhaps an Earthquake if they're alive for long at the pull)
    7+: Chain Lightning (with perhaps an Earthquake if they're alive for long at the pull)

Deleted
    Hardest/most annyoing: Enhancement shaman.
    Easiest: I don't know, I've got limited edition of Alts, so I gonna say my Assa-rogue. With energy returns I just spam FoK.

Deleted
    Very easy: Shadowpriest (press mindsear button, sometimes press halo). Elemental shaman (spam CL). Rogue (spam FoK). Feral druid (spam swipe). Hunter (multishot). WW Monk (spam SPC button).

Annoying: Destrolock (gotta keep putting rof down to get enough embers for spreading spells). Frostmage (positioning stuff so you get icelance procs). Firemage (lining up a good combustion to spread is sitll annoying).

I guess my vote will be Feral druid:

Thrash every 14 sec.
    Swipe (spam it like a mad man)

Thats it :P Seen druids do 1,5 million dps with this rotation

15+ Year Old Account
    To do it properly, probably fire mage is currently hardest.
    We used to be king and queen of AoE but now are pretty much lowest.

Optimal is:
    Put 3 LB on 3 targets
    Use flamestrike
    Followed by blizzard
    Restack living bombs
    fill in the gap until flamestrike is up with arcane explosions
    Flamestrike
    Blizzard
    Cut off early to restart living bomb
    etc

Anytime there is 3 or less targets the rotation becomes:
    Living bomb on all 3
    Flamestrike
    Singletarget nuke
    Keep Pyroblast dot on all 3 targets using inferno blast
    Combustion when high ignite and spread it asap
    Living bomb when it falls off
    Flamestrike when it is up
    etc.

Deleted
    Rogues, fok and blade flurry too hard, then elemental shamans of cleave. + arms warriors, thunder clap too difficult.

I wouldn't really call any spec hard but enhancements seem the most annoying aoe'ers, not to mention how little impact it makes in comparison to other classes.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously in 9 replies no love for DKs? OMG.

Outbreak -> Blood Boil -> go do something else.

I recently leveled my lock and went destro. 440 to 525 in about 2 resets. The aoe is amazing and easy once the embers start flowing. But easiest AoE dps to me would be from a tank, 100k+ veng drop cons, DnD, swipe, tc - cake. Of course a few other abilites bolster the previous, but it's easy.
    Last edited by tanktank; 2013-10-09 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomken View Post
    Everytime I try to Que for LFR, the game completely crashes. WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    It's probably trying to save you a headache.

WW Monks:
    Spin>Spin>Spin>Tiger Palm>Rising Sun Kick>[repat]
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Hardest = Arms Warrior, at least from what I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorbus View Post
    Hardest/most annyoing: Enhancement shaman.
    Easiest: I don't know, I've got limited edition of Alts, so I gonna say my Assa-rogue. With energy returns I just spam FoK.
    You mean FoK to 5 -> CT right?

Though technically depending on number of adds etc, it's better to mutidot rupture! Personally I CBF doing that on most fights though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Surv Hunters, can't get much easier than that: Multi-Shot (with perhaps putting down a trap and Barrage if you took the talent).

2-3: Cleaving, as you said, just put Serpent Sting on both of them.
    4-7: Multi-Shot (+Trap if they're alive for long at pull and Barrage if you got it)
    7+: Multi-shot (+Trap if they're alive for long at pull and Barrage if you got it)

Quite on par with Elem Shamans.

2-3: Put Flameshock on all of them, use CL if you haven't got the glyph or just do single target
    4-7: Chain Lightning (with perhaps an Earthquake if they're alive for long at the pull)
    7+: Chain Lightning (with perhaps an Earthquake if they're alive for long at the pull)
    It can get much easier. Shadow priest: Channel Mindsear and Halo/DS/Cascade on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Hardest = Arms Warrior, at least from what I've played.

You mean FoK to 5 -> CT right?

Though technically depending on number of adds etc, it's better to mutidot rupture! Personally I CBF doing that on most fights though.
    Arms is probably easiest cleave. Just keep SS up and go about normal rotation.
    Fury is better multiple targets though. WWx3, cleave if rage then RB. Get some juicy numbers that's for sure.

1. A survival hunter with cloak, or BM hunter with cloak.
    2. a Destro lock, fire and brimestone immolate under rain of fire, FnB conflagx2, FnB incinerate until adds are in shadow burn phase, then spam that and tab target as fast as possible.
    3. Ele shaman...lol
    4. Arms warr, sweeping strikes, pop CDs, blade storm
    5. Rogue tied with Ret
    6. Frost DK tied with shadow priest
    ....Not saying which has HIGHER aoe dps, just saying which aoe rotation is actually easiest. And I play those classes at 540+ all which have normal cleared siege.

easiest = ele sham, SP
    hardest = Enh, Fire,
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    Very easy: Shadowpriest (press mindsear button, sometimes press halo). Elemental shaman (spam CL). Rogue (spam FoK). Feral druid (spam swipe). Hunter (multishot). WW Monk (spam SPC button).

Annoying: Destrolock (gotta keep putting rof down to get enough embers for spreading spells). Frostmage (positioning stuff so you get icelance procs). Firemage (lining up a good combustion to spread is sitll annoying).
    Except Mindsear requires an active, alive and preferably high HP target, and in some cases it's the tank, in other cases, there's no point in even attempting to AoE since no criteria is met. It's really bad design.

Easiest is probably warlock - destro. RoF, forget, or RoF/FnB, repeat. Any AoE that doesn't require a target is easiest.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Crusader Absalom View Post
    Arms is probably easiest cleave. Just keep SS up and go about normal rotation.
    Fury is better multiple targets though. WWx3, cleave if rage then RB. Get some juicy numbers that's for sure.
    Fury better than arms for aoe dps?

Arms:
    Charge, wait for my 2 trinkets to pop (about 30k strength) with Dancing Steel and pre-pot still up, banner/reck > Thunderclap for massive Deep Wounds on everything, Sweeping Strikes into Bloodbath-Bladestorm into Slam-spam while keeping Sweeping Strikes up.

Deep Wounds with procs etc up ticks for about 100-250k every 3 seconds on every target btw .

4-5 million dps on Nazgrim pull with all the adds up, Fury doesn't remotely compete on aoe with Arms.

Now if only I had something better than my old 543 sword .
    Last edited by mmoc74a3289bbe; 2013-10-09 at 07:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DK hardest.