1. #1
    Mechagnome Stevecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    514

    lower ilvl DoC vs HotW

    I notice I do 20k less on fights when I use Inc/DoC. I use DoC correctly and Im not missing any healing touch cast. Im normally the 3rd healers so on fights we 2 heal I go boomkin. My ilvl is 540 with Moonkin gear on and I know DoC is suppose to be better on boss fights with more than one target, but is it possible DoC doesn't perform as good at the 540 ilvl compared to say 555+? I don't have logs right now. I have zero tier pieces.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  2. #2
    I think the other way arround.
    DoC performs really well at low ilevel, but HotW outspaces it when the gear gets better.

  3. #3
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    I notice I do 20k less on fights when I use Inc/DoC. I use DoC correctly and Im not missing any healing touch cast. Im normally the 3rd healers so on fights we 2 heal I go boomkin. My ilvl is 540 with Moonkin gear on and I know DoC is suppose to be better on boss fights with more than one target, but is it possible DoC doesn't perform as good at the 540 ilvl compared to say 555+? I don't have logs right now. I have zero tier pieces.
    There is very little difference in doc between 540 and 555. The only arguement when doc is bad, is without 10289 haste and the meta. With 540 you should definately have both of these, but without an armoury I can't be sure. Perhaps with you being resto MS, you don't have the absolute correct itemization, resulting in low crit high mastery/spirit? But again, without an armoury at least, and logs etc there isn't much we can help with.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

  4. #4
    I support a cash shop in WoW!
    Not enough skill obv.

    Stay on topic. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-10-09 at 06:24 PM.

  5. #5
    Are you talking about a single or multi target fight? Inc/DoC isn't really for single target as far as I know, you use FoN/HotW for single target instead.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Stevecow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    The only arguement when doc is bad, is without 10289 haste and the meta.
    This might be the issue. I'm still using the 5273 BP. I would have gave you an armory but Im logged out as resto in resto gear.
    I support a cash shop in WoW!

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    This might be the issue. I'm still using the 5273 BP. I would have gave you an armory but Im logged out as resto in resto gear.
    without a doubt above as low as 515 ilv you want the 10289 HP, with your gear it's a no brainer. Makes the rotation alot smoother, and you'll notice a dps increase with whichever talents you decide, however it'll be a clear increase with DOC.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •