Deleted

Brewmaster - Lacking damage!!!

Hey guys!
    I really need your help. When looking at logs I see brewmonks doing INSANE damage... I know that we just got a nerf, but we are still in a pretty good spot when it comes to the damageoutput it seems.
    The thing is... My damage SUCKS! So I want to ask you for some tips and tricks to buff my damage. Atm its around 100k dps when its highest... thats just not good enough.

Here is a link to my armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Panderp/simple

I hope that you can help me out here

Best regards
    Panderp

Just looking over your gear build, your Mastery and Stam are high and your crit is low. Not knowing your situation, I can't say if you need that much EH or not because that is entirely dependent upon your raid setup and your healers capabilities. But if you want more damage from your gear you'd want to convert that extra Mastery into Crit and then get an Agi trinket instead of your stam trinket.

Deleted
    Yeah. Well I havent really been gemming EH. I have gemmed some mastery this week to try it out. before that I have been going with around 6k haste and rest crit. My damage still sucked.
    The reason for me to gem mastery was, that I saw alot of people do that now after the damage nerfs. Around 10k mastery and then crit from there.
    A new trinket would be awesome yes.

Would really need logs to tell you anything more.

But I guess a few other questions would be are you the lead off tank? Are you lining up Xuen to when you are tanking and running as close to CD as possible? Are you using a lot of Healing Spheres to stay alive? Are you using your L30 talent on CD or saving it as an emergency heal? Are you abusing RJW when appropriate? Are you hitting Keg Smash on CD? Are you Purifying too much? Are you wasting any Chi being Chi capped or wasting Energy being Energy capped?

Switch to dual wield if you want more dps.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also I see you are in a 10m raiding guild. Do not try to compare yourself to a 25m tank, they simply get way more vengeance and will outdamage all 10m tanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=3492&e=3918
    Shuffle 89%
    Tiger Power 88%
    39 out of 53 possible Keg Smash
    9 Breath of Fires on a single target fight (wut?).

I actually had to bounce through quite a few fights to find one without a death which this includes but wasn't towards the end. Your leaving a lot of damage on the table by not using Keg Smash, BoK enough to keep shuffle + extra up, and Tiger Power hits as filler. The holes in shuffle + Guard only being used 50% of possible times resulting in your deaths isn't helping.

Check out the various Weak Aura threads and start using that is a huge help on keeping your abilities used properly and focus on Shuffle being 100% uptime and stop using Breath of Fire completely (even on actual add fights) until you fix these issues.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Indeed. Breath of Fire is very easy to use too much. Until I got used to it, I used to just spam it to see those numbers and shuffle would fall off. Make sure you keep shuffle up on add fights as a top priority - you won't use breath of fire nearly as much as you could and that's ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think some brewmasters get the impression that BoF is a strong ability because it over-scales at low levels when we are just learning to play,
    but then at level 85+, of course, BoF does basically no damage at all

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delk View Post
    If you want to do more damage then gear for it: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/1...b-830858be1421
    Isnt it quit alot of haste to have 8000? Or am I wrong here?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never run with more than 6500 and currently have much less, if your changing gear solely for a DPS improvement you want to use the Crit Build option. I would say 8k haste isn't a bad thing until you fill up the holes in your rotation making sure you have energy for Keg Smash on CD and generating enough Chi to do more BoK's but it's not exactly "needed" to accomplish those things once you have everything down solid.

Just a note don't look at my armory as example either, it's all jacked up since I'm forging around Rune of Re-origination and makes a poor example for most.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    Isnt it quit alot of haste to have 8000? Or am I wrong here?
    It's a lot for the last tier, but after you lose your 4-piece from the last tier around 8000 haste is ok, anything more is probably overkill. With a really tight rotation you can do just fine as low as ~4000 haste but more haste is more opportunities for purifying brew. I've been running at around 7500 or so until I get used to the SoO fights and tighten up my BrM's rotation. I feel like I have enough crit to have good uptime on Elusive Brew so I'm allowing myself more haste so I can afford to be a little bit sloppier in my rotation without hurting my survivability very much. My BrM is just my alt so I don't have as much experience on it this tier as I would like.

Deleted
    Ok. I will try to comment on all your comments so far
    I will be 100% honest with you now since I have been tanking alot and I feel like I am not doing nearly as good as I could do. So I need you to be honest with me!

Am I:
    - Main tank?
    Atm. Iam offtank in the guild (only 2 tanks and warrior is 12 Ilvl above me)
    - Timing Xuen?
    Not really as it is at the moment. When do I need to pop it? Together with high vengance/trinket procs?
    - Using healing spheres to stay alive?
    I am trying to use the healing spheres provided by Gift of the Ox, but am not sure how the actual mechanic is here? I try to strafe over them from time to time.
    - Using lvl 30 talent on CD?
    Not really. I am saving it for emergency heals (using Chi Wave 95% of the time)
    - Using RJW when appropriate?
    I am not quite sure when RJW is appropriate. Iam using it for aoe fights as much as I can?
    - Using Keg Smash on CD?
    As the log statet, I can do better with that!
    - Purifying to much?
    Maybe. I am not 100% sure when to purify. I have the Weakauras for it and when its in the yellow arrier (60%) I purify.
    - Energy/chi capped?
    Iam trying to never cap on either of em. Using Jab to dump energy and BoK to dump Chi (sometimes BoF and ofc Keg Smash).
    - Using Tiger Paw correctly?
    Iam not sure. I guess I should just use it whenever is buff is about to fall off?
    - Using guard correctly?
    Should i use Guard on CD or time it?
    - Using BoF correctly?
    Should BoF never be used on single targets? We rather wanna use BoK then? When do I use BoF - AoE groups?

I know that this is alot. but have been playing brewmaster for quite a while now, and its about time I get this right!
    Thank you guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    - Timing Xuen? Yes + during Bloodlust, Xuen shares our vengeance so using it at high veng key don't have to wait for trinket proc's.
    - Using healing spheres to stay alive? Yes that is how they work.
    - Using lvl 30 talent on CD? Use it on CD for raid/self healing + DPS, not really meant as emergency heal (that is what Expel Harm is for).
    - Using RJW when appropriate? Pretty much any time you can hit 3+ targets most of the fight.
    - Purifying to much? Clearing Yellow+ stagger is good timing, high level use there is a lot more to it though covered in other threads in depth. What you said is a good general rule to follow.
    - Using Tiger Paw correctly? TP is a free cast you should be spamming it for DPS when ever you are not spending energy/chi. Doing so will naturally result in 100% buff uptime.
    - Using guard correctly? You want to use it near on CD but timed around fight specific incoming damage events (raid wide or tank), typically around an incoming tank hit/debuff or high dmg phase like Malkorok's Blood Rage.
    - Using BoF correctly? Never use BoF on single targets only in similar instances you would use RJW and ONLY if it won't result in loss of Shuffle or no Chi for a key Guard or Purify.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    - Timing Xuen? Yes + during Bloodlust, Xuen shares our vengeance so using it at high veng key don't have to wait for trinket proc's.
    - Using healing spheres to stay alive? Yes that is how they work.
    - Using lvl 30 talent on CD? Use it on CD for raid/self healing + DPS, not really meant as emergency heal (that is what Expel Harm is for).
    - Using RJW when appropriate? Pretty much any time you can hit 3+ targets most of the fight.
    - Purifying to much? Clearing Yellow+ stagger is good timing, high level use there is a lot more to it though covered in other threads in depth. What you said is a good general rule to follow.
    - Using Tiger Paw correctly? TP is a free cast you should be spamming it for DPS when ever you are not spending energy/chi. Doing so will naturally result in 100% buff uptime.
    - Using guard correctly? You want to use it near on CD but timed around fight specific incoming damage events (raid wide or tank), typically around an incoming tank hit/debuff or high dmg phase like Malkorok's Blood Rage.
    - Using BoF correctly? Never use BoF on single targets only in similar instances you would use RJW and ONLY if it won't result in loss of Shuffle or no Chi for a key Guard or Purify.
    Sounds good. And would you recommend me to go with a crit build? around 7.500 haste and then all in on crit? Pretty much forget about the mastery for now?

I have 6k haste without t15 4pc (never had that and always used less than 6k - so less is ok). I don't think you really need any more than that.

You need to have a feel for your healers and the content you're running to know how much mastery to have. I run about 9k mastery right now. I put everything else into crit which leaves me at about 12k crit.

I don't do amazing damage every fight, but I ranked 50 on Sha of Pride last week so there ya go.

As for RJW, "whenever you can hit 3+ targets most of the fight" is not correct. I use it on Sha to much greater results than Xuen. Again, just get used to it.

Xuen does about 15% of my damage by the way, so it's definitely not negligible.

Chi Wave is always my #2-3 damage done when I use it on cooldown, so it's important as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    Sounds good. And would you recommend me to go with a crit build? around 7.500 haste and then all in on crit? Pretty much forget about the mastery for now?
    If you want to be a good tank and do good DPS, then follow SurrealNight's list of advice, its what i would have said. Just keep in mind that using Guard often is a DPS loss, so if you wanna go for it, dont use guard too much, only use it if you are in real danger.

I run with 2800 mastery (as less as possible), 5500-7500 haste and ~21000+ crit and im fine on 10/14 heroics as of now, solo malkorok hc bloodrage is also no problem with a crit build.

We can still do good damage despite the nerfs if you play right, i have ranks on every heroic boss and i can still improve so much regarding DPS.

Cheers
    Krøni - Kròni - Króni
    10/14HC - http://twitch.tv/kronsc2 (german), also streaming 5.4 Progression

Just to be clear, Xuen updated dynamically with buffs/debuffs you gain/lose..So popping it with trinkets and whatnot isn't that important, because it won't last the full duration. So keep in mind that it isn't a snapshot when popping him, just use it with high vengeance when you're gnna be tanking for the next 30-45seconds+

- - - Updated - - -

Other than that...always be hitting buttons, Tiger Palm is FREE dps. Use it when you have nothing else, just don't get too caught up in spamming it. There is nothing wrong with weaving it in as long as you're 1) not going to energy cap 2) kegsmash isn't gonna come off CD and 3) shuffle isn't going to fall.

Get high vengeance.
    Press a lot of buttons.
    ??????
    Profit.