Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    My highest combustion this tier was 92k~ on heroic Iron Juggernaut at ilvl 560 a couple weeks ago. Have had several up over 80k.

I'm more interested in what peoples average ignite ticks are over the course of a fight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shmeh View Post
    my highest combustion this tier was 92k~ on heroic iron juggernaut at ilvl 560 a couple weeks ago. Have had several up over 80k.

I'm more interested in what peoples average ignite ticks are over the course of a fight?
    logs please

Just checked my logs from last week's Dark Shamans 25hc
    over the 6 minutes that the fight lasted my average Combustion tick was 86k (dot uptime of combustion was 1min 22sec, so 4 Combustions)

I didn't pot on the pull and wasnt recieving any tricks during the fight so going for "the biggest combustion tick" i'd say it can easily be pushed to 120k-130k ticks

edit: in crit -> haste stat prioritization reforging, so minimal mastery
    Last edited by JimmyMcNulty; 2013-10-16 at 01:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by katmage View Post
    logs please
    Are you asking for the average or tick crits? 80k hits seems dang high for hits which would be approx. 160k crits. I'm not a WoL guru, but I've had an average of 88k comb tick crits on a fight and I'm unable to tell what my opening comb was. This was last week with 561 ilvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopcommander View Post
    Are you asking for the average or tick crits? 80k hits seems dang high for hits which would be approx. 160k crits. I'm not a WoL guru, but I've had an average of 88k comb tick crits on a fight and I'm unable to tell what my opening comb was. This was last week with 561 ilvl.
    You want to isolate your initial combustion (the one I assume is highest) on WoL then look at the average ticks (NOT the average tick crits). That will reflect what your ignite was. For instance on Monday my initial combustion had average ticks of 64k, which is an ignite of 320k.

I find it hard to believe that people are having several ignites of over 400k (80k ticks), but am happy to be proved wrong with logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to isolate your initial combustion (the one I assume is highest) on WoL then look at the average ticks (NOT the average tick crits). That will reflect what your ignite was. For instance on Monday my initial combustion had average ticks of 64k, which is an ignite of 320k.

I find it hard to believe that people are having several ignites of over 400k (80k ticks), but am happy to be proved wrong with logs.
    Yea I see it now. A lot weaker than I thought. Looks like I hit Combustion a bit early cause had a 286k ignite .5 secs after.

[20:38:45.040] Bopcommander Combustion Malkorok 45852
    [20:38:45.541] Bopcommander Combustion Malkorok *114731*

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5459&e=5653

I could see 400k ignites possible, but a bit of a mastery build would be necessary. Going through multiple different fights seeing my Ignite is from 275k to 325k on openers.

Deleted
    I could see 400k ignites possible, but a bit of a mastery build would be necessary. Going through multiple different fights seeing my Ignite is from 275k to 325k on openers.
    Yeah I think that's plausible, but it's hard to see the effects of a mastery build since I don't know anyone who's using one at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll go with a mastery > approx 4655 haste build tonight and see how it goes. I've been a bit curious since getting the AMP trinket. See if it makes any bit of difference though i'll only gain about 2800 mastery give or take with reforging.

I definitely noticed a difference going this route. I don't know if its the way to go or not, but I do like it. On Heroic Nazgrim attempts tonight I hit very regularly a 350k+ ignite on my opener (rng pending) and as high as a 472k ignite and I felt like my over all damage was higher. Bombs/Ignite/Comb

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5232&e=5742

Attempt #6: I took out the other mage's lines.
    [19:37:03.090] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 401933
    [19:37:04.775] General Nazgrim's Ignite is refreshed by Bopcommander
    [19:37:05.113] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 472045
    [19:37:06.762] General Nazgrim's Ignite is refreshed by Bopcommander
    [19:37:07.108] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 437058
    Last edited by Bopcommander; 2013-10-17 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added tonights logs.

Deleted
    I'll go with a mastery > approx 4655 haste build tonight and see how it goes. I've been a bit curious since getting the AMP trinket. See if it makes any bit of difference though i'll only gain about 2800 mastery give or take with reforging.

I definitely noticed a difference going this route. I don't know if its the way to go or not, but I do like it. On Heroic Nazgrim attempts tonight I hit very regularly a 350k+ ignite on my opener (rng pending) and as high as a 472k ignite and I felt like my over all damage was higher. Bombs/Ignite/Comb

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5232&e=5742

Attempt #6: I took out the other mage's lines.
    [19:37:03.090] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 401933
    [19:37:04.775] General Nazgrim's Ignite is refreshed by Bopcommander
    [19:37:05.113] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 472045
    [19:37:06.762] General Nazgrim's Ignite is refreshed by Bopcommander
    [19:37:07.108] Bopcommander Ignite General Nazgrim 437058
    Interesting! Did you have any problems with the 2set haste buff considering how much haste you lost?

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting! Did you have any problems with the 2set haste buff considering how much haste you lost?
    Nah, not at all. I think I ended dropping about 2700 haste just because I didn't have too much haste to begin with. My guilds loot table hates cloth. I had no problem bursting to 1mil dps on most of the attempts giving our enhance shammy a run for his money, and many of my 2nd/3rd/4th combustions were ticking as high as 55k to 60k again.

Overall, I was pleased.