Anyone notice Agony above UA again since 10/8?

Anyone raiding as Affliction last night notice that Agony was pulling ~2-3% more damage than Unstable Affliction for total/overall damage?
    With the nerf put in last week, it was the other way around.

I'm at work right now but will put up a log when I have a chance (although I'm not sure if my guild's logs are still private).

I briefly brought it up with another Affliction warlock I raid with and he noticed the same thing.

Speculation: the nerf to Agony was reverted, or UA was brought down as well.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5511&e=5852

IJ last night. Pure single target fight. UA beat Agony.

If I look over the fights since then its pretty random which ones on top. Even when I dummy dps tested them right after the change if you kept an eye on your dmg breakdown you'd notice agony and ua fighting for the top spot and a few extra crits on either spell or better snapshotting procs (agony is seeing a lot more up time on a given proc than UA is) would make them go back and forth as time went on and neither one ever was ahead of the other 100% of the time.

Deleted
    Agony does overall more damage than UA because it has twice as long duration. If you look max hits of both spells you see UA still does more damage than Agony.

Deleted
    There will always be a differens between Agony and UA, as Agony simply benefits longer from procs due to its longer duration. With the recent nerf they're now very close together in patchwerks so they may overtake eachother from time to time.

Could also be something as simple as fixing the bug where agony doesn't apply when you soul swap. But I didn't play Aff last night, so I don't know.

If someone is really good at snapshotting dots they will just get more "mileage" out of temporary procs on agony than on UA. No matter how badarse the dot your UA is going to drop in half the time the same snapshot refreshed/applied agony will. Its probably a decent metric for how good the lock is at min/maxing their damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    If someone is really good at snapshotting dots they will just get more "mileage" out of temporary procs on agony than on UA. No matter how badarse the dot your UA is going to drop in half the time the same snapshot refreshed/applied agony will. Its probably a decent metric for how good the lock is at min/maxing their damage...
    Makes sense. Do have any logs to show an emample of this in practice? I'd like to look at them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it back and forth depending on the fight. The nerf is definitely still in play and I can't think of any logical reason they would revert it when they already said they're concerned it's not enough.

Played 100% correctly, Agony will still beat out UA in damage done. The benefits that agony receives from procs lasts 42 seconds, while its only 24 for UA. UA, however, will have a higher max hit.

Armory - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ronic/advanced
    Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/xyronic (Tues-Thurs 7:00 - 11:30 and 12:30 - 3:30 cst)

On something with shorter lived adds (say spoils) UA will likely beat out agony. On something like fallen protectors when you can cheese/game the numbers and things live longer you'll see top end locks having agony higher. Each situation is specific just recognize where each has its strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Werst View Post
    On something with shorter lived adds (say spoils) UA will likely beat out agony. On something like fallen protectors when you can cheese/game the numbers and things live longer you'll see top end locks having agony higher. Each situation is specific just recognize where each has its strengths.
    This is true. Agony still suffers from the very low ramp up mechanism. That's why letting him drop even once is such a huge loss for our damage
    "Well...I think you don't get the concept of World First. It's not Method, it's NOT an obscure asian guild whose name can't be pronounced by the regular folks, it's blizzard !

Yeah, cuz they had an internal test team, and they beat Garrosh. So by your standart, they are the true first."

Deleted
    I don't think anything changed. Agony was over UA for me at all times, except on Spoils for clear reasons. If your UA is over your Agony on single target, you're doing something wrong (or should I say sub-optimal). Like people said, if you abuse dot snapshotting on Agony properly, it will have powerful procs for so much longer than UA. Of course letting Agony drop is also a massive loss, but I think that's a pretty clear mistake that you should recognize immediately.