1. 2v2 PvP pet battles. Yep, just like in Pokemon, I want co-op PvP.
2. True "ladder and rewards" system for pet battle PvP. PvP needs more incentive beyond achievements. Pet battles have enough popularity, and I think something like this would take them to a new level. Rewards can be new pets and titles, and perhaps a point system to buy additional pets and other cosmetic items.
3. A redesign to discipline. Their utility is far too powerful in PvE, they need an overhaul.
4. Unique dragon pet models! Seriously, beyond CE's they all look the same. It's kinda depressing. : /
5. Honestly, I should list this one number one, but my priorities are apparent in my listings. CHALLENGE MODE RAIDS!!! That would set PvE competition to a whole new level.
For my list, in order of importance.
1 - LFR removed for good.
2 - More server "merges" - while I'm on a high pop server it isn't fair that others are in crap. I was on one before xfering to ZJ.
3 - Separate 10 and 25 man raiding - Karazhan to Gruuls/Mags and ZA to SSC/TK again. Flex could be for both to allow for content to be viewed.
4 - Bring back class uniqueness - So what if shaman are the only ones with bloodlust? Or warlocks the only ones with curse of elements. With the separation of 10 and 25s, it would allow for content to be made again around not having all the buffs in 10man while 25s could be designed again around having each class.
5 - More unique fight mechanics - Mage/warlock tanking on bosses, mind control tanking or pet tanking. Let people use those random abilities that never get used.
6 - Redo talent trees - Make them not lame and boring like current ones. Make there be some aspect of choice in them rather than this is for this fight etc etc. These "new" ones were supposed to encourage diversity and all they did was bring everyone to the same spec quicker due to ease of change.
7 - Attunement/gated raiding - Seeing/killing the end boss without an idea of how or why you are killing him is not good for any game, mmorpg or not.
8 - Lore of people we actually care about - As much fun as random panda #5 is as a boss, it'd be a lot nicer if the things we are fighting or questing with actual have a reasonable connection to the players. I personally didn't give two craps about any single panda at any point in this whole xpac. The only lore figures I actually care for are the Klaxxi.
9 - Class based quests/items/legendaries - This cloak thing was just trash, the whole quest line was just plain lame. The warlock green fire quest on the other hand was supposedly really amazing and actually pretty hard. Put those quest people on the new xpac legendary line and we might have a good one.
More unreasonable ones....
10 - Removal of heroic raiding - A return to TBC style of zones. One difficulty for all types of people(minus flex which would be a second difficulty but don't ruin my saying!). The instances would be pretty much like the tier of TBC where there were easier bosses at the start and "heroic" bosses towards the end. No more of this clearing the same place twice thing. When I kill Illidan, I don't want to have to just kill a harder version of him next week for the "real" fight.
11 - Profession rework - Make professions realm wide on your account. If your "main" is a blacksmith/jc, all your chars on the server are the same. Move gathering to secondary so everyone can gather anything they need for said professions. Make them unique again. Currently eng is the only unique prof as it has all the "fun" stuff. No reason that can't be the same for all profs. Give alch people unique potions for buffs or random fun illusion crap where you can turn in to boss models or something. Make leatherworking drums a thing again. Give BS people weapons/armor unique to them, same for tailoring. Making having specific profs mean something outside of the stat bonuses you get.
REALLY FAR OUT THERE ONE...
12 - A system similar to Everquest AA points or Rift Planar attunement - I want there to be something to do to better my character when I log on. I don't care how small of bonus it is. I want something to do when I play outside of raiding that actually is important for my goals, ie raiding. It shouldn't just be for raiding, there should be all types of bonuses you can get.
13 - Veteran rewards of some kind - I've been playing this game since it came out, you(Blizzard) have made TONS of money off of me... give me a little perk to say thanks, is that too hard? Give me a random unique mount every 3 years or a free server xfer every year or a free level 80 for 5 years or 4 hours of 100% for 3 months, any number of things would be just sweet.
That's all I got. I don't overly care what the actual xpac is about as long as it starts moving some things in the right directions.
With the Vanilla and TBC devs back working on WoW, I have a inkling of hope that we will see some love for the hardcore. Last 3 expansions have pandered to terrible players with no intention of improving, lets see Blizzard start showing us more love.
Why don't they?Why does everyone deserve everything?
The thing is, you want something you can't actually have. While it is true that some players look at other players and think "i best catch up fast" it's not very many players. The overwhelming response is "meh" and it always will be.I don't get the logic behind that at all. I'd rather have it so LFR players are looked at and people think, 'Hey, LFR player'. No harm done. Then I'd like to see heroic raiders, holy shit I want that stuff, I better fix up find some time to raid and get better at this game. It's healthy for the game on the whole. Blizzard will see a sharp drop in subs at the end of next week, because people feel that 'defeating' Garrosh on LFR is completing the game as there are no real next steps other than just upgrading you gear to the level that every man and his dog has. Sounds great....not.
huh? Wow has been catering to the hardcore to everyone elses detriment for the whole of the game....they've thrown literally everything else under the bus so that raids can continue, even the audience for them was tiny.With the Vanilla and TBC devs back working on WoW, I have a inkling of hope that we will see some love for the hardcore. Last 3 expansions have pandered to terrible players with no intention of improving, lets see Blizzard start showing us more love.
It's a good thing Blizzard understands that. If you ran the game, it would have died about five years back. At best.
P.S. : If you don't know how to read the green text on epics that clearly says "heroic" and "looking for raid", then how are you even doing heroic modes in the first place? I wouldn't take you into a heroic fight if you can't even tell the difference between the two upon inspection. You probably can't notice the difference between the floor and the fire you're standing in, either.
The game is dwindling now because they moved away from the stuff that meant a lot to players. People log in do LFR, log off. New guilds are struggling to recruit players as people are content with doing LFR and the organised raiding scene is diminishing quickly. Blizzard have made a lot of great moves streamlining the game, but they have made some terrible blunders and it's cost them. I would rather have seen Flex instead of LFR as it still encourages social interaction. Flex is pugable and it's a great system. I worked my arse off trying to be one of the best and it payed off. The 10=25 loot for example was a foot down the wrong hole for Blizzard. I don't care about a tag on your gear, I want to see totally different gear models that LFR/normal players can't obtain through their own methods. If they want that gear, titles, mount, cosmetics, skill up the fuck up. If you don't have time, oh well, LFR will have to do or you make time for organised raiding. I haven't played since mid ToT but the only way Blizzard will drag me and the 100s of other people I have met playing in good guilds that quit to return is to reward players for being good. There just isn't anything anymore, no realm first titles, meta mounts are obtainable even after the tier has ended, old titles are obtainable etc.
I'm not saying take anything away from people. That would be wrong, I'm saying give us new stuff as Blizzard gave everything that once meant something to everyone.
Last edited by Vexxie; 2013-10-18 at 11:27 AM.
The playerbase at large wasn't interested in raiding.People log in do LFR, log off. New guilds are struggling to recruit players as people are content with doing LFR and the organised raiding scene is diminishing quickly. Blizzard have made a lot of great moves streamlining the game, but they have made some terrible blunders and it's cost them. I would rather have seen Flex instead of LFR as it still encourages social interaction. Flex is pugable and it's a great system. I worked my arse off trying to be one of the best and it payed off. The 10=25 loot for example was a foot down the wrong hole for Blizzard. I don't care about a tag on your gear, I want to see totally different gear models that LFR/normal players can't obtain through their own methods. If they want that gear, titles, mount, cosmetics, skill up the fuck up. If you don't have time, oh well, LFR will have to do or you make time for organised raiding. I haven't played since mid ToT but the only way Blizzard will drag me and the 100s of other people I have met playing in good guilds that quit to return is to reward players for being good. There just isn't anything anymore, no realm first titles, meta mounts are obtainable even after the tier has ended, old titles are obtainable etc.
Blizzard finance department (from what can be gathered from blue posts) was putting the kibosh on raid development.
Blizzards dev tesm response to this was to force everyone to endgame ASAP and then only have raids as endgame.
What more do you guys want? Blowjobs?
1. Fuck you Greg Street
2. Fuck you Greg Street
3. Greg Street, fuck you
Explain to me why anything I have said is unreasonable. All I have seen so far is kicking and screaming from people that are satisfied with playing the easy mode of the game and then reaping all the rewards that someone dedicates a lot of their time to it. I just don't see how people think that is fair.
There are massive benefits to this and they would improve the game for everyone. People will be told, 'Get better or you will never obtain this'. People are so terrible at this game, I have a fair amount of patience for people that are learning the game but it's when you get players that are full retard and never learn because they don't have to. Those are the kind of players the game is breeding now and it's really quite sad. The good players got better, the new players never had to learn.
- - - Updated - - -
Last edited by Vexxie; 2013-10-18 at 11:45 AM.
People don't want to be playing "the easy mode" of the game, not because they aren't interested in challenge (they aren't but that's a different subject) but because players aren't really interested in raiding to begin with.
It's just that raiding is now all there is. No other content advances your character.
Very rarely happened, even way back when. Your wish is for something that will only apply to one in 200 people, if that. Waste of time.Sure, one of the few. Throw in legedaries like Thunderfury, Sulfurus and Atiesh and tie them to heroic modes only. Fantastic. I'd like people to walk around and say, "woah, where did you get all that stuff". Then a conversation starts and you can help someone move forward and improve at the game so they can achieve all that stuff too.
People in general, apart from some rare exceptions, never "got better" and they never will. Your wish is based on a fantasy, on a playerbase that has never existed and will never exist.There are massive benefits to this and they would improve the game for everyone. People will be told, 'Get better or you will never obtain this'. People are so terrible at this game, I have a fair amount of patience for people that are learning the game but it's when you get players that are full retard and never learn because they don't have to. Those are the kind of players the game is breeding now and it's really quite sad. The good players got better, the new players never had to learn.
I'd love to see more information/content about dwarves. I mean, Magni Bronzebeard is still a diamond, and we have learned nothing new about him since cataclysm. (Since he first turned into a diamond). And what about the dark iron dwarves? Are they all friendly now?
"The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."
I know this is completely and utterly pointless but since I ended up posting in this thread anyway:
Demon Hunter player class with a dual-wielding tank spec.
People get better all the time. They advance from Clicking to key binding, they discover rotations, they increase their pvp rating, they advance from LFR to flex.
Its the minority of ignorant individuals that spoil the game for themselves, and selfishly the masses when they join a group activity.
Impossible to happen;
1. Remove pandas completely, let us have the stuff we took from pandaria and instead allow people to level from 85-90 in a place they've loved in a sort of scaling system
2. Purge the whiners and other QQ'ers, and the type of players whom they're all "casual but think they deserve shiny purples for doing nothing" from the WoW community
3. Return to Old WoW style and no LFR
4. 4th spec for all classes and let classes more fun to play rather than just redoing 1 at a time.
5. Player housing
Now for an actual wishlist;
1. Return the need for group quests to allow more social interaction
2. Less handing out of gear like it is in the Timeless Isle
3. Add more dungeons and less scenarios (Honestly scenarios are just a lazy excuse from the devs not being able to make scenarios. Scenarios are great for storytelling or for fun things like the troves of the thunder king and not as a replacement for dungeons as I enjoy dungeons more)
4. The next expansion to be more dark themed
5. Less LFR dependant and let flex as a better way of gearing
6. More "connected realms"
7. Balance PVP more
8. Pick up some stories unanswered or abandoned like the Draenei or the Forsaken
9. Add more fun mechanics
10. Scaling content for older raids etc..
11. Redo Rogues as they haven't received a major class revamp since forever
12. New models with sub races such as Wildhammer Dwarves, broken Draenei's and Fel Orcs
12. As a final, from a user above: Fuck you Greg Street.
Last edited by enchanted; 2013-10-18 at 12:20 PM.
Are you people really that blind. Raids need LFR to be as long and as good as they have been this expansion. Without LFR the tiny amount of players raiding doesn't justify raids having anymore then 6/7 bosses each teir. LFR saved big raids. If it wasn't for it we would still be stuck with tiny raids like FL and DS.
Angels and AirwavesCHVRCHΞS - Motion City Soundtrack - Bombay Bicycle Club - Los Campesinos - Empire of the Sun - HellogoodbyeAldmeri Dominion - Imperial - Templar - Laethys - High Elf - Assassin - Frostmourne - Orc - Rogue - Sea of Sorrows - Norn - ThiefBorderlands 2 - Mechromancer - Battlefield 4 - Engineer - Diablo 3 - Wizard
1. New models;
2. More aesthetyc/customization options;
3. Item squish;
4. One or two new abilities (<< this is getting hard to do, but leveling without getting skills is weird);
5. Leveling in zones like Timeless Isle;
6. Old raid scaled up content;
7. An use for old legendaries (like scaled up in phased content. Using shadowmourne during MoP beta was a blast).
Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.
- Limit flying similarly like in MoP.
- More dungeons as well as more interesting dungeons, perhaps a new difficulty, similar (or even harder) than challenge modes, but with loot, no downscaling gear and no timer and obviously no queuing for it, get a group and fly.
- Varied leveling/max level outdoor content. Mix of weekly quests, dailies and timeless-isle style things. Maybe more event driven (think 5.3).
- Item squish (about time!)
- New player models! If not at launch then rolled out throughout the expansion.
- More world bosses, rare mobs, events and cool stuff out in the world. This also means more danger to the world.
- Remove/limit (perhaps only have half the instance) LFR. Push more people into flex/normals.
- "Spellbook" style way of storing "fun" items.
- New Tol Barad/Wintergrasp world PvP zone. With some x-realm tech to balance unbalanced servers.
- Do something about low-level heirlooms. I don't mind leveling being fast for those who wish it to, but oneshotting everything is not fun, completely screws lowbie PvP and ruins leveling dungeons.
- Improved weather effects and a proper day/night cycle! How come this has gotten worse and worse ever since it was implemented in vanilla...?
- Make professions less generic, more to do and harder to level (575-600 at about the same price and effort as 75-100, wut).
- Do something about button bloat. Focus more on what can be removed than what can be added.
- I overall like the new talent tree, but it feels really boring when you level now, maybe have a mix of both?
- More gear down-scaling. WoW is an MMO, more gear is supposed to make you better. It works to an extent for PGs and CMs, but it's getting too much.
- 4th specs for everyone, it works for some classes (like a shockadin spec for paladins, and maybe a shaman tank), but 4th spec for some classes just won't fit. It's already hard to make 3 fun and balanced specs for some classes.
- Player/guild housing. Just no. Blizzard have been working hard to get the world populated, let's not screw that up.
- Underwater/underground zones. If The Dark Below is it, let's have it set somewhere that not "Below".
Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest
My wishlist is simple.. High Elves playable, Spellbreaker (or Battle Mage) as next class, Actual talent trees, New Models, Alleria return, Valeera return.