-return to Outland or a new fragment of draenor

Deleted
    The Dark Below - Old God themed expansion

New race similar to the faceless
    No new class
    New professions
    Updated models for all pre-Cata races

10+ Year Old Account
    The legion threat is the least appealing to me - I'd rather have Old Gods, the Emerald Dream, or Azshara as the next major threat. Or something really far out and have the aqir return as a threat that involves going to lots of underground zones.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    The legion threat is the least appealing to me - I'd rather have Old Gods, the Emerald Dream, or Azshara as the next major threat. Or something really far out and have the aqir return as a threat that involves going to lots of underground zones.
    Personally I think the Old Gods are just as overused and overhyped as the Legion. I'd rather see Azshara, working alone. Throw N'Zoth in the mid-expansion Rift of Aln raid.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Here's mine:

[*]No new race
    Why not? If they do add a new race it will have absolutely no impact on much of anything. It's not like "OH MY GOD HORDE HAVE OGRES, /RAGEQUIT". Racials have been so watered down for the last few years that if the entire balance of a pvp match comes down to a racial ability then you're doing it tragically wrong.
    [*]No new class
    I can actually support this position, since new classes create major balancing issues, and might lead to abilities on your own main's class having to be nerfed for balance purposes.
    [*]New professions
    I honestly fail to see what could be added.
    Wood cutting and boat building? Furnituresmith?
    [*]Updated models for all pre-Cata races
    Agreed.
    [*]Beefed up graphics
    If by beefed up you mean "moar photorealistic" I'll have to disagree with you there. Photorealistic graphics don't age well. WoW has aged far better than any game with "realistic" graphics that was released 10 years ago.
    [*]Emerald Dream theme
    I'm sure it will be in there somewhere, Blizzard has been teasing us with it for a while. I don't know if I want a whole xpac of "World of Warcraft: Everything is bright green, so grab the visine" but I'd love to see it one way or another.
    [*]New weapons
    Any new weapons would just be little more than artistic variations on ones that already exist, making new weapon classes completely superfluous and just overly complicating the game.
    [*]Guild HQ/Player housing
    No. Just No. The Area outside the guild HQ portal would just turn into a lagfest that makes the fountain in Dalaran look like a tiny latency fluctuation. Or if it just used zone phasing instead of an instance that would still tie up server resources needlessly.
    [*]Additional account bound bank + account bound guild
    Yes Please!
    [*]Removal of mob tagging (think GW2)
    Mob tagging is essential for skinning to exist. Otherwise they've made it so quest chain "bosses" can be tagged by multiple people.

At some point I would love to see:

Racial character progression path to their racial's class archetype - this should not be easy, and involve an awesome quest chain, like Wrathion's legendary quest line progression. Characters then earn the title and the appropriate transmog set in full) For example:
    - Nelf warrior ultimately earns the right to join the Sentinels (male and female), and the title would be "Sentinel Xplayer's nameX");
    - Tauran warrior ultimately earns the right to join the dudes that can carry those big pieces of wood around;
    - Human rogue >>>> SI:7
    - Human warrior >>> 7th Legion
    - Dwarf, human pallys >>>> Order of the Silver Hand
    - Orc warrior >>> Korkron (the new version whatever Voljin calls it)
    etc, etc, etc
    (more detail required here, and some races could cross over (such as pallys and Druids)

Also, I would like to see Demon Hunter introduced as a playable class (there are many awesome posts by others on how this could work on this site).
    OR...
    Bring back Illidan (from "the Betrayer" to "the Redeemed") for the expac when the BL return, and offer each class an "aspect" that is taught by Illidan that gives demon hunter-esque modifications to existing class abilities that focusses on destroying the BL. Basically, the redeemed Illidan recognises that the DH class should never be allowed to come back again, BUT, the lessons/skills/useful things he mastered that can be shared, class by class, he will arm players with.
    ...something like that...

Finally, at some stage....

WoW is always current and in it's most recent expac timezone - from level 1 up to end game.
    To solve this for levelling players, at every expac point in the levelling process (e.g., when you hit 60 and have to travel to Outland), you are summoned by the Bronze Dragonflight or the Timeless Isle dudes, to be sent back to a point in time that is necessary for the Hero (the player) to be fully prepared and conditioned to battle/defend the current expac's end game Villain/problem. This means, players at end game level (or the 5 levels leading up to it) are seeing old content zones in current world event conditions. Example:

- All players that zone into Northrend or Outland and the content reflects current events. Such as Arthas defeated, Tirion nolonger in Northrend, Dalaran has moved (?), less undead around etc. For Outland, The Black Temple is reclaimed by the Draenei, less demon activity across all zones, the mana forges are shut down etc.
    - Low level players see the same as above - yet for levelling purposes, they need to zone in (phase) into the original versions of those zones, to get the quests etc. Perhaps players have a timeways hearthstone?
    - All original dungeons and raids can be accessed via the Timeways also (Bronze DF or Timeless Isle guys).

My 2 cents

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'd rather see this thread AFTER Blizzcon comparing what people wanted to what we got. I doubt it'll be possible since hundreds of millions of threads will be created for every minor piece of information that is revealed, but it would be nice.
    We can style hope getting some of those changes in the next expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Personally I think the Old Gods are just as overused and overhyped as the Legion. I'd rather see Azshara, working alone. Throw N'Zoth in the mid-expansion Rift of Aln raid.
    I ain't saying they aren't overused, just that it doesn't bother me, and unless they do something really interesting with how the Legion is organized (i.e. bring in tons of new demons) I'd still take Old Gods over them.

If it were up to me, I'd have Azshara be the main villain throughout the expansion, and the final encounter is her in the city of Ny'alotha trying to unleash N'Zoth. He's either contained there or he escapes into the Emerald Dream and we hunt him down in a later Dream-related expansion.

Playable Ogres :P

10+ Year Old Account
    -Burning Legion expac
    -Deamon Hunter as a New Hero class
    -Argus or Xoroth as new "continent" to discover
    -More Draenei lore
    -New character models
    -Darker, more brutal theme
    -Better warrior tiers, Deamons/Chaos warriors themed
    -New fighting animation for warriors
    -Redesign of arms spec
    -Divide abilities into pve/pvp, simillar to colossus smash (no more pve nerfs because of pvp and vice versa)

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Why not? If they do add a new race it will have absolutely no impact on much of anything. It's not like "OH MY GOD HORDE HAVE OGRES, /RAGEQUIT". Racials have been so watered down for the last few years that if the entire balance of a pvp match comes down to a racial ability then you're doing it tragically wrong.
    Considering we've had three new races within the past three expansions and some of the races that have been around for longer have little love I don't really see the need to throw in any new races to the mix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping for TDB

Don't care what they do, but it has to be the Burning Legion. Some underwater expansion doesn't interest me at all. Not in the slightest. I couldn't stand anything underwater in Cata and naga? *shutter*

WoW goes FTP!

Cash shop introduced, Pay to reset lockouts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Deleted
    Only think i want is new rading model. Perfect for me would be 10hc 25hc + normal with flexible size. Becous raid hc for me pretty much is right now waste of time since i can see everything in LFR. And old talens trees. I just checke something. Wotlk had 15 acitve skills per tree (for mage) + tons of passive what sometimes change behaviour of your spells and this in WOTLK. In Mop with WOTLK model of talens we could have something about 20 active skills + passive. New talens got 18 active skill btw and nothing els.
    Last edited by mmoca9a2d58f1f; 2013-10-13 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Note: Took myself the freedom to merge the two threads as they were about the same topic. This'll also build a little more on the discussion. "Your hopes for the next expansion!" has been merged with "[Megathread] World Of Warcraft Next Expansion Wishlist".

Have a good morning, good day, good afternoon, good evening and a good night - Hope all timezones have been reached!

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    stop with that Demon hunter hero class...please!

all that you know and love about the demon hunter class from WC3 is well within the warlock talents already.
    if there will ever be a demon hunter class it will not be called "demon hunter" and it will be utterly different then what you remember from illidan.

IMO im sick of seeing classes that were allready implemented in other blizz games, D3 has a demon hunter and if wow will have 1 more hero class b4
    its dead i dont want it to be such an expected class.

allso, we will never deal with the burning legion before clearing up our own back yard i.e azshara..
    once we conquer our own world and get rid of its empowered evil mortals (illidan, azshara,the LK and one corrupted dragon aspect)
    it will be fitting to face outter world threats...
    I think leaving certain regions unexplored or certain threats unsolved makes for a much better story.

I really hate the idea of the new expansion being based around tropical islands or the sea. The idea is so dull and uninspired to me.

I do however like the idea of this being a Ny'alotha centric expansion the idea fascinates me beyond comprehension. Notice how I said centric. I dont just want this to be a single questing zone with a dungeon and a raid tacked on.

I want Ny'alotha(by that I mean the dry version, not the sunken city version) to be the heart of the next expansion. With similar themed zones and instances based around it. I think if blizzard does make this the subject of the new expansion almost all if not all old players will return just to experience it and that doesnt even take into account the multitudes of other demographics that will be shocked and awed by this expansion. I honestly think that if done right it could trump even an emerald dream expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do hope no new races and classes will be introduced as I think they should focus on updating character models now, after 10 years it's long overdue. And new stuff would get in the way of that update.
    Unless they can find a way to get both a new race and character update done in time.

New class would add more balancing issues, let them focus on the existing classes for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    any changes like naming ghouls/warlock pets are all too late to be worth going back to

but anything and everything crossrealm

- - - Updated - - -

oh and the removal of dailies as WoW has ruined that for every other game as i refuse to do them now