Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'd be happy if they left the original leveling questing in place and did the following:

- You level up through each zone exactly as you would if they were current content but obviously at a much, much faster pace.

- Allowing heroic dungeons for older content to be viable experience wise even when the next expansion's normal dungeons have unlocked. Currently when you unlock Wrath normal dungeons you've also unlocked the heroic dungeons for TBC. Which you skip over for the normal dungeons.

- Leveling through old content would be like travelling through time to see it all the recent history happen, perhaps they could place some interaction with the Bronze dragonflight to make this idea official. With maybe a bread crumb questline throughout the older zones to support the idea that a Bronze Dragonflight NPC is leading you throuh the history of Azeroth. Would be great for noobies too. It'd be a good explanation for why a Pandaren is in Outland and so on.

- Then, when you reach max level the older zones phase into a recent and up to date version of themselves which Blizzard can update every so often to reflect the world's current state. The phasing can be turned off and on (much like Theramore) to allow you to go back and quest during those older times if needed.

This, in my opinion, is how they should have done it and where they should go with making a more persistent and living world.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post
    Personally I'd be happy if they left the original leveling questing in place and did the following:

- You level up through each zone exactly as you would if they were current content but obviously at a much, much faster pace.

- Allowing heroic dungeons for older content to be viable experience wise even when the next expansion's normal dungeons have unlocked. Currently when you unlock Wrath normal dungeons you've also unlocked the heroic dungeons for TBC. Which you skip over for the normal dungeons.

- Leveling through old content would be like travelling through time to see it all the recent history happen, perhaps they could place some interaction with the Bronze dragonflight to make this idea official. With maybe a bread crumb questline throughout the older zones to support the idea that a Bronze Dragonflight NPC is leading you throuh the history of Azeroth. Would be great for noobies too. It'd be a good explanation for why a Pandaren is in Outland and so on.

- Then, when you reach max level the older zones phase into a recent and up to date version of themselves which Blizzard can update every so often to reflect the world's current state. The phasing can be turned off and on (much like Theramore) to allow you to go back and quest during those older times if needed.

This, in my opinion, is how they should have done it and where they should go with making a more persistent and living world.
    I'd almost prefer it be your character reminiscing or going to a tavern and hearing tales of how you, a now great hero, started in humble beginnings. It would essentially be saying that you aren't "going back", it's just stuff your character did but that you as a player didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if it makes sense for the story.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazroshka View Post

Totally agree. But they won't sadly. It is just too much I guess to make the world a viable place to spend time in.

I would love to have the old raids be viable again, perhaps not to gear up, but for other stuff or points. So your gear would scale to a certain point. Perhaps even to lowerlevel stats. So this content could be enjoyed again via maxlevel characters. Sure the skills differ now from what they had back then, still it could be fun.

Deleted
    well I'd rather revisit old content than visit another new found continent on the Great Sea. coz Pandaria was cute but boring for me, just everything we saw before with asian architecture.

but I hope that the next expansions will take place mostly underwater or underground with max 1 or maybe 2 zones in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms(there are still 2 or 3 sunken :P).