[Balance] Gem for second haste breakpoint?

Right now, I have got a lot of scrap off pieces that are focused on spirit and crit. I know Crit is our strong suit, but should I sacrifice gemming crit for haste in hopes of reaching the second break point (11th tick - 10289?)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stedt/advanced

I'd suggest trying to replace some hit gear with haste gear first. Also, go directly for the GCD cap at 10296 while you're at it.

Yeah, that is the ultimate goal. I am at the bottom of barrel for receiving gear in my current raid group. But at this exact moment, is it worth losing 2-3k in crit to achieve that?

27% hit? WHAT THE FUCK. LOL.

Okay first order of business before worrying about break points, is sorting out your entire kit really. I mean, you've got 543 ilvl, you should have been able to get the 10289 break point a while ago, but you're still at only 17k total haste and crit which is really low. In fact the more I switch tabs to your armory the more I can't believe how awfully itemized your gear is.

I wouldn't bother switching gems or anything right now until you've changed a lot more items, sorry for being brutal.

PS. I put your through AMR and dropped your hit by 1%, im not sure how to export the link so you could see what I did though but go try it yourself to optimize better.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

If you have over 15k Crit+Haste combined then It is generally considered better to switch to the 10289 Breakpoint.

What a lot of people either forget or don't realize right away is that gemming stats and having stats on gear is exactly the same thing. If you have all crit on your gear and need to gem haste then that is exactly the same as if someone had all haste on their gear and needed to gem crit.

In terms of fixing up your gear currently here is what you should change if you want the 10289 breakpoint:
    320 Haste gem in Weapon
    160 Haste 160 Spirit gem in Helm
    80 Int 160 Haste & 160 Haste 160 Spirit gem in Shoulder
    180 Int enchant on Cloak
    2x 320 Haste gems in Chest
    320 Haste gem in Wrist
    80 Int 160 Haste, 160 Haste 160 Spirit & 320 Haste gems in Gloves
    80 Int 160 Haste & 2x 320 Haste gems in Belt
    2x 320 Haste gems in Legs
    320 Haste gem in Boots

Reforge Spirit > Haste on Weapon
    Reforge Spirit > Haste on Helm
    Reforge Spirit > Crit on Belt

Any other reforge/gems/enchants that I didn't list leave them as they are.

Deleted
    Uh, you do know that you don't have to follow socket colors to get the stat increase from the gem, right?

Chest as an example, 120 int socket bonus vs 320 extra crit/haste. I shouldn't have to state the obvious here.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    27% hit? WHAT THE FUCK. LOL.

Okay first order of business before worrying about break points, is sorting out your entire kit really. I mean, you've got 543 ilvl, you should have been able to get the 10289 break point a while ago, but you're still at only 17k total haste and crit which is really low. In fact the more I switch tabs to your armory the more I can't believe how awfully itemized your gear is.

I wouldn't bother switching gems or anything right now until you've changed a lot more items, sorry for being brutal.

PS. I put your through AMR and dropped your hit by 1%, im not sure how to export the link so you could see what I did though but go try it yourself to optimize better.
    Oh, trust me, I know. A little back story on my position is that I was originally a Holy Paladin. After healing since ICC, I was done healing and re-rolled mage. I was accepted into my casual progression raid group on the mage. It was of course behind on the legendary and under geared as my decision to change to DPS was unplanned. Coming in to 5.4 and they had another app with a well geared and experienced mage and had to pick him up. They asked if I was willing to re-roll moonkin, so I did. Now it's just been trying to get caught back up in gear. When I am getting carried, it's what ever people don't need and that has just been a lot of offset pieces with spirit crit. But yeah, it's not that I am retarded, I know the hit cap and understand haste breakpoints. The gear upgrades just haven't favored that haste that I want! I will check out Ask Mr. Robot... Maybe ReforgeLite is failing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    If you have over 15k Crit+Haste combined then It is generally considered better to switch to the 10289 Breakpoint.

What a lot of people either forget or don't realize right away is that gemming stats and having stats on gear is exactly the same thing. If you have all crit on your gear and need to gem haste then that is exactly the same as if someone had all haste on their gear and needed to gem crit.
    Glurp, this is a really good point and I didn't think of it in this way. I am really disappointed I missed my back enchant, that's a no brainer.

As for the gemming, I went and tested single target out on raid dummies and just wasn't impressed with making that push to haste cap with my current gear. I just really need to get some gear.
    Last edited by Nioso; 2013-10-10 at 03:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how ppl are telling you to put spirit/crit gems in blue sockets to get the bonus.. when ALL of the spirit is wasted. Even in some cases gemming int/crit gem for a spirit bonus is a waste too. Crack out the pure crit/haste gems. Get rid of wush, it got nerfed hardest after 5.4, even the 522 valor trinket will be an upgrade (has a bunch of haste too iirc) but I'd say go for the timeless isle trinket, int+crit.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by Nioso View Post
    I will check out Ask Mr. Robot... Maybe ReforgeLite is failing me.
    ReforgeLite is nice but it will only optimize reforging, whereas AMR can calculate gems, reforges and enchants together to find the best setup.

Get rid of wush, it got nerfed hardest after 5.4, even the 522 valor trinket will be an upgrade (has a bunch of haste too iirc) but I'd say go for the timeless isle trinket, int+crit.
    I agree about the VP trinket, it costs half of what it did in 5.2 so about 850 now I believe. Not a huge fan of the crit proc trinket from Timeless Isle though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I love how ppl are telling you to put spirit/crit gems in blue sockets to get the bonus.. when ALL of the spirit is wasted.
    The socket bonuses are worth taking in some cases regardless of the fact that the Spirit from a Purple gem is wasted. Sure you could gem Stamina if you care enough to get extra survivability but that's not required.

The socket bonuses are worth taking in some cases regardless of the fact that the Spirit from a Purple gem is wasted. Sure you could gem Stamina if you care enough to get extra survivability but that's not required.
    It's funny you mention that... I was thinking of going stam instead of spirit last night just so the stats wouldn't be going to complete waste.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I love how ppl are telling you to put spirit/crit gems in blue sockets to get the bonus.. when ALL of the spirit is wasted. Even in some cases gemming int/crit gem for a spirit bonus is a waste too. Crack out the pure crit/haste gems. Get rid of wush, it got nerfed hardest after 5.4, even the 522 valor trinket will be an upgrade (has a bunch of haste too iirc) but I'd say go for the timeless isle trinket, int+crit.
    I had not heard about the Wushlay's trinket nerf. I already have the valor trinket in the bank.

It can happen, but on the gear in question, it doesn't. 120 int doesn't replace 320 crit/haste.
    It's funny you mention that... I was thinking of going stam instead of spirit last night just so the stats wouldn't be going to complete waste.
    Not worth it. If you get 120 int for 1 blue and 1 other, it might be worth it, but for 2 blues it never is.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It can happen, but on the gear in question, it doesn't. 120 int doesn't replace 320 crit/haste.
    Helm: Bonus is worth taking
    Shoudlers: Bonus is worth taking
    Gloves: Bonus is worth taking

Why would you gem a "purple" spirit gem, we haven't done that at all this exp pack.
    Not taking the socket bonuses in his gear vs socketing pure crit / haste is gonna work out to about the same dps here so its kind of a moot point.

Deleted
    I've said it a long time ago, the amount of spirit on leather items is just retarded, you have over 2,5k wasted stats and you cant do anything about this, just pray for tier items. Such a poor game design.

Now get Purified Bindings and you can be a true healer
    Last edited by mmocf3b3cf9807; 2013-10-11 at 06:34 PM.

Please keep in mind one thing, even if our stat priority is 15%hit>Haste(10289)>2crit>intellect>2mastery>Haste, all these stats are extreamly close to each other at the point where you are unlikely to see an overall difference, Hard haste cap (10289) is only so you can get 11 ticks while only having Nature Grace and so your Wrat and starsurge while our meta gem proc is GCD cap.

That said, 10289 haste is your priority, you want to try to get it no matter what, just remember you do your best in your reforge/regem so you can have as much crit as you can.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/97457-scissors is not a sword... or at least thats what my mom told me when I was 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Honnycorns View Post
    Please keep in mind one thing, even if our stat priority is 15%hit>Haste(10289)>2crit>intellect>2mastery>Haste, all these stats are extreamly close to each other at the point where you are unlikely to see an overall difference, Hard haste cap (10289) is only so you can get 11 ticks while only having Nature Grace and so your Wrat and starsurge while our meta gem proc is GCD cap.

That said, 10289 haste is your priority, you want to try to get it no matter what, just remember you do your best in your reforge/regem so you can have as much crit as you can.
    Yeah, I am going to give this the ol' college try this weekend now that the raid week is over. My numbers actually improved with just the few AMR changes. I picked up a piece or two with haste on them during the raid last night, so I should be able to play with those and get closer to the stats that I am looking for. Thanks for your feed back everyone, it's been really helpful.

Yeah, I am going to give this the ol' college try this weekend now that the raid week is over. My numbers actually improved with just the few AMR changes. I picked up a piece or two with haste on them during the raid last night, so I should be able to play with those and get closer to the stats that I am looking for. Thanks for your feed back everyone, it's been really helpful.
    Just had another look at your armory, your under the 5273 haste cap, get that asap.

Yeah, I updated some gear and didn't mess with it until now. One thing I am noticing is AMR is having me sit below haste cap at 10,183. It had me switch the haste enchant on gloves to mastery... Unless I am missing some thing, this seems off and I am going to stick to the haste enchant.

Edit: It's also asking me to reforge the belt from spirit to haste, which it already is. It must be bugged out or some thing.
    Last edited by Nioso; 2013-10-13 at 03:12 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to use the "Update" button to pull your new Armory Stats when you're logged out with updated Gear (new Gems/Reforges/Enchants). That's my only thought as to what could be happening if it's telling you to do something that you've already done. You should be good though as long as you've got 10.3k Haste now and got the most Crit out of your Gear. I'm sure AMR might find a small way of increasing Crit a tiny bit more but want you to change like three or four pieces of Gear again.