560 ilvl shadow priest would love some stats advice please :)

I have been having trouble understanding the haste> crit > mastery this tier which is making gearing rather difficult i have read the posts on a few different forums including the shadow priest one which have still left me a little confused as everyone seems to have different opinions and alot of do this until u have this and then do that instead and im wondering if i should change things with my gearing i was going haste - mastery which was doing ok for me and i put my crit up a bit higher and lowered out some mastery following posts. Ask mr robot seems like a complete waste of time the stat weighings just dont get me to where i feel i should be no matter how much i change them around.

Anywho will post a few links so you can see my gear and my dps maybe someone will be nice enough to help me out ( i am well aware that i sometimes cast things at the wrong time or run with a "wrong" spec while trying different things out this isnt a fix my dps as much as a what stats should i be changing post)

Any gearing advice would be fantastic Got the new chesat last night and did a very half assed job gemming before i went to bed will be trying to fix my stats today pending advice I also have the boa mace from garrosh that i can use i just havent yet >_<

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%A9ns/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...um/damageDone/

Thankyou in advance

Much love <3 <3

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a DPS help thread at the top. I know the theorycrafters are busy trying to understand the new stat budgets and trinkets currently. There's a few posts about it on Howtopriest as well. Just a little patience.

Basically pick up as much gear as possible while not falling bellow the DP+3 haste cap, or going above hit cap. Once you get 2pc t16 try to keep Crit and Mastery as close as possible while erring on the side of mastery.

That said Mastery will trump everything as long as you have UVLS.

It looks like you are doing everything right to me.

I HIGHLY recommend checking out HowToPriest on Facebook. Their first link is about optimizing AsKMrRobot to get the most from your gear. I managed to stay over the 3DP cap and squeeze about 3.8% crit extra out of my gear, and the DPS increase was very noticeable lastnight.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSavior View Post
    That said Mastery will trump everything as long as you have UVLS.
    H2P said otherwise. Or at least Veiled, I guess.

I'd say you're doing it right as far as your armory shows.

You'll still want to keep haste the highest, followed by Mastery as long as you have UVLS. When you drop 2pt15, UVLS will get less valuable and you'll want to get another trinket asap (Immerseus one for instance). By then, you'll get 2pt16 which will mandate that you need to sustain mastery=crit as much as possible, to get the most out of it.

That's all, get 50% haste buffed, reforge the rest into crit or mastery, you're set.

Also, when you do drop UVLS, your stat priority will be 2haste(up to 50% buffed)>2hit(up to 15%)>2crit=2mastery>1intellect>extra haste, so you'll be better off gemming expertise if you don't already have excess hit on your gear. Basically, reforge out of hit and gem expertise on reds.

E: I don't want to be that guy, but do drop Herbalism and get a crafting profession, it makes a world of difference. I suggest Engineering.
    Last edited by Absolucion; 2013-10-10 at 01:46 PM.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4829

There is no correct answer right now, but many of us are going DP3>crit>mastery, even with the UVLS for now.

I am ilvl 558 and in a similar position as you, currently using the T15 2P and don't yet have T16 2P. I had previously reached the 18215 haste breakpoint and read that lowering haste to 14873 would be a DPS increase. I was using N black blood and N kardis' toxic totem and found that this swap from haste to crit was an appreciable loss to DPS. I switched back to the 18215 haste breakpoint and while tooling around on test dummies swapped out the totem for H UVLS. It still appears that the T15 2P with UVLS has great synergy, enough to justify the ilvl downgrade. As long as you have T15 2P and UVLS haste to 18215 and mastery>crit is the way to go in my opinion.

The stat values vary so much for each individual depending on which tier bonus and what trinkets they have that there is no easy answer other than to sim yourself.

The sims I've run on myself (2pc t16 + UVLS) show haste to 14873>mastery>crit if you still have the UVLS, but it's pretty close and I haven't been nearly as thorough as the millions of sims Twintop does. Sadly SimC has had some serious kinks lately. If you keep mastery and crit close and stop at the 14873 haste bp, you won't be too far off either way right now.

I've personally test out all results. And I've seen the been with staying GCD > mastery > crit. But again as I've stated on our PSA of stats that we have nothing with evidence yet.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Just get DP+3 cap via gemming and reforge the rest according to the fight you're progressing on.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years