Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    my god-go back an read my other posts in this thread.read what i wrote about pvp and pve specs.when did you start playing wow?older players know what im talking about when i say this game needs to go back to pvp and pve specs.

    "It would be the same as if warriors had a heal spec, and their dps sucked."

    key word being IF,right?tell me does blizz balance prot warriors for pvp= no,so why would they for a healing warrior?warriors get 1 and only 1 pvp spec.the same should go for all other classes/specs in game. dis should be the pvp spec for priests, shadow = pve dps the way i would balance things.feral and restro were very very good last season right?is it fair/balanced 1 class had two specs each better then the entire warrior class=no.do thing the the way i said "pvp and pve" specs and that shit will not happen.

    Actually shadow wouldn't be that hard to give a few buffs here and there and people would be happy. the reason that people complain is shadow has been behind in pve damage all expansion and has also received constant nerfs, most of them relating to there strength in one particular comp and because they did not want to address the real problem of symbiosis shadow lost things instead.

    A noteable example being shadows offhealing which was grounded, shadow already struggles out of all the casters as the ONLY cast that has to manage their mana. Now all other hybrids are far better at clutch offhealing i.e. putting out a noticable heal when it matters.


    To reply more directly to your point, I don't expect all 3 specs to be balanced for the most part holy isn't usually that strong though its been doing well this expansion. I do expect shadow and 1 healing spec to be pvp viable. Much like with druids I expect 1 healing and 1 dps spec to viable.

    Warrior have actually had the option of prot in arena in wrath and prot has actually been the go to flag carrying spec upuntil blizzard decided they didn't like tanks in arena.

    Shadow priests make continuous threads because "train shadow" is the tactic for majority of comps with a melee involved. Its a frustrating game to play.
    I'm not sure why you don't want to see shadow priests in arena? I'd like all specs to be viable but no spec should be a binary Look its X train X and we can have a easy game/chance at an easy win.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    Actually shadow wouldn't be that hard to give a few buffs here and there and people would be happy. the reason that people complain is shadow has been behind in pve damage all expansion and has also received constant nerfs, most of them relating to there strength in one particular comp and because they did not want to address the real problem of symbiosis shadow lost things instead.

    A noteable example being shadows offhealing which was grounded, shadow already struggles out of all the casters as the ONLY cast that has to manage their mana. Now all other hybrids are far better at clutch offhealing i.e. putting out a noticable heal when it matters.


    To reply more directly to your point, I don't expect all 3 specs to be balanced for the most part holy isn't usually that strong though its been doing well this expansion. I do expect shadow and 1 healing spec to be pvp viable. Much like with druids I expect 1 healing and 1 dps spec to viable.

    Warrior have actually had the option of prot in arena in wrath and prot has actually been the go to flag carrying spec upuntil blizzard decided they didn't like tanks in arena.

    Shadow priests make continuous threads because "train shadow" is the tactic for majority of comps with a melee involved. Its a frustrating game to play.
    I'm not sure why you don't want to see shadow priests in arena? I'd like all specs to be viable but no spec should be a binary Look its X train X and we can have a easy game/chance at an easy win.
    1st-ty for the decent reply,unlike most in this thread.2nd-i think your missing my whole point on pvp and pve specs.blizz got rid of the whole pvp and pve spec thing back in wrath,and the game has been going down hill since,mostly pvp and pve to a certain point.this leads to balance problems because "for example" if blizz buffed shadow in any way shape or form for pvp it would effect pve because the two are not separated.this can be said for any class/spec in game and leads to balance issues we see today.why do you think arms is always lacking in pve compared to fury?its because blizz knows if they buffed arms damage single and aoe to match fury in pve,then blizz would have issues with arms in pvp.why do you think there is to much CC in pvp atm?thats because every specs have been giving tools to be "viable" in both pvp and pve leading to to many abilities =balance issues.

    its a never ending cycle and the more classes/specs you have in game the harder it is to balance.each and every spec in gamer has to have the tools to be viable in both pvp and pve.that alone causes so many problems that blizz can not and will not get pvp close to being balanced.go back and look threw the more balanced seasons in wows pvp history.even in the most "balanced" seasons there are classes and specs that are no where to be found,except for the bottom.that = broken system,it does not work,its need to be changed.

    3rd- prot warriors have never had any serious arena seasons at all,outside of a few short "very short" streaks.i played wrath and remember how some warriors did try prot in arena because arms was so broken and weak it could not be played.guess what happened to them prot warriors?they got nerfed to shit because they actully had the tools to take on a mage.

    as far as rbgs go,sure warriors were best flags carriers most of the time.they needed to be because no good rbg team would take arms or fury.now prot is not good for anything except for pve.see how that works,you see the pattern?1 viable pvp spec at a time "for warriors"

    also i never said i do not wan tto see shadow in arenas.what i said was that dis should be the go to pvp spec thats always rank 1 viable.having more then 1 viable spec per class causes balance issues and causes other classes spec to be left out for entire seasons.no one can deny that fact because we see it every season.

    " I'd like all specs to be viable"

    like i said early in this thread -thats the problem.
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-10-13 at 05:00 PM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    if blizz buffed shadow in any way shape or form for pvp it would effect pve because the two are not separated.
    why do you think arms is always lacking in pve compared to furylike i said early in this thread -thats the problem.
    Shadow is lacking in both pve AND pvp so balancing shouldnt be that hard. Its not like shadow is overperforming in one, and underperforming in the other, or else I could see that argument being valid.
    Is arms really lacking in pve? I find that kinda hard to believe.

  4. #64
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,344
    Passive damage is bad, but burst damage is not too bad.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  5. #65
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,089
    Just fotm-reroll a warrior for this season like everyone else. Get those achievements etc and then next season when they have fixed
    the retarded classes you can go back to your main. If you're lucky its your time to be faceroll-fotm again. If not, then just reroll to what is.

    Thats how pvp-balance work. If they cant fix it, reroll it.
    Epic!

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Passive damage is bad, but burst damage is not too bad.
    true, but mages burst is much better, so is their cc, mobility and uptime inbetween. (same for locks)
    spriests are a 1 trick pony that are easy to counter. cleanse dev plague and its gg.
    Thats IF the priest is able to build up 3 shadow orbs while likely getting trained by a dk, warrior, or rogue.
    The damage inbetween burst is bad. Cant force any kinda defensive cd's inbetween dplague bursts.
    Did 2's and 3's arenas all night last night and didnt see one shadow priest, 90% of opposing teams had a warrior.
    Fotm everywhere.

  7. #67
    Blademaster Shabutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    49
    Spriest damage is fine. I understand while melee abilities such as slam, obliterate & rising sun kick are critting over 100k+, this doesn't mean you should too.
    If anything, one of the only good things about an Spriest is its damage. The only problem with them is getting their damage off.
    Everyone who rerolled warrior at the start of MoP has swapped back to their "main" class, because they are better at warrior this patch than they were last.
    So the currently problem is all the many ways a warrior can stop you casting, + his partner. Spriest & Ele are easily the most trainable wizards in the game.
    But an Ele will tab flame shock, and get lava surge procs pretty fast.
    One priest problem is if you get locked on shadow, you can spam spike for damage which removes your dots.
    And you are the only wizard that can go oom, because of how your mana return works.
    Spriests need to either, 1) Get there mana return changed. 2) Buff the fade glyph. 3)Maybe add a mini defensive? 4)Possible Aura mastery?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    Just sounds like someone doesnt know how to pvp on a spriest, complaining about deep wounds lol maybe try being melee and being kited for weeks before complaining that you cant put out enough damage 5 miles away from the person trying to slowly run over to you.
    If you can someone how get kited on a warrior then you are the real one with the issue here.

  9. #69
    Warchief MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Therealmagoo View Post
    Just sounds like someone doesnt know how to pvp on a spriest, complaining about deep wounds lol maybe try being melee and being kited for weeks before complaining that you cant put out enough damage 5 miles away from the person trying to slowly run over to you.
    I seriously hope you dont play a warrior and then complain about getting kited in the same post you are lecturing about learning to play.

    So much wrong in one post right there
    Epic!

  10. #70
    Are spriest damage worst than boomkins at the moment?

  11. #71
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeurus View Post
    You're an idiot. Melee classes have plenty of mobility to allow them to get within melee range of casters; Warriors Charge, Heroic Leap and Intervene /w Skull Banner.
    Perhaps you would like some more examples? Okay then.

    -Rogues Sprint, Vanish (allowing some time to get back on the target), Shadowstep and let's not forget their slow casting-speed and movement poisons.

    -Monks of course have their Roll which can be upgraded with some of the talents (Momentum and Celerity), the level 90 talent Torpedo is also another ability that allows monks to get back on spell casters.

    -Feral Druids can Pounce whilst prowling, they also have some speed increase abilities such as Stampeding Roar and Dash. Skull Bash as well for Guardians.
    dont forget ferals can powershift agian and it talented have a static 30 or 35% movement speed lol

    op try minding your own buisness doing some grinding as a fire mage and pyro crits for 40k.....then a hunter crits 2 glaive tosses 60k each then 2 arcane shots 40k each

    maybe try being melee and being kited for weeks before complaining that you cant put out enough damage 5 miles away from the person trying to slowly run over to you.
    melee are stronger now then ive ever seen them back in wrath id see this as true...but when each melee has a 50% slow 2 stuns or more gap closers silences and 10 second interupts......yeaaaaa casters got the shit end of the deal 1v1 wise
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by dtotheo View Post
    Are spriest damage worst than boomkins at the moment?
    Single target no but multi dotting eclipsed dots gives moonkin the edge for aoe pressure.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by dtotheo View Post
    Are spriest damage worst than boomkins at the moment?
    Every time I see a moonkin complain I facepalm pretty hard. The spec is almost just as viable as last season where it was easily rank 1 viable. The spec is better in most ways than shadow priests including defenses, easy to set up burst, sustained and of course mobility.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SySsa View Post
    ble than it.

    Edit: Spriest doesnt need more damage, but more skillz
    I would personally love spriests to remain the same but most other classes/specs to lose out on a lot of the abilities they gained access to with the new talent system. But since that's never going to happen, I'll agree, spriests need access to more ways to handle pressure/dish out damage more reliably than being forced to cast to sustain their mana let alone deal damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  14. #74
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Macedonia
    Posts
    25
    This is the worst season for spriest in pvp, i mean cmon ffs , spriest cant kill healer, cant outrun target, cant cc or kill flag carrier, 60% bonus armor from gear is shit, set bonus from pvp gear is joke, tick from vt and sw-p is like yea i cast them on target and they do +3k damage ( target has +500k health ) sweet jesus.Dont tell me pvp is team game, couse when you are in 1vs1 in bg you cant run to your team for help ( hey guys you know what, i was in the middle and then warr "or healer" just pass me with flag , man it was freaking amazing they dont kill me.
    Everyone who says that spriest is fine in pvp , they lie. They dont play spriest, never did. If spriest cant get buff in damage , then bring back mana burn, new defense mechanism i dont know what but make penalty about stuns, silence , fears, seductions, poisons ... cc that is use more then ones or twice on same target. And yes i know blizz will never answer on this tread couse they only can make jokes or be sarcastic in any sentence. We dont need clowns here we need someone who can read and understand this situation.
    P.s sorry for my bad english

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Deep wounds ticks 3x as hard as VT and SW:P combined. GG blizzard.
    deep wounds also heals nearby players right?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    deep wounds also heals nearby players right?
    Never heard of vt and swp healing people

  17. #77
    In regards to the moonkin thing;
    Moonkin also has much better control through roots and what not.
    Their offhealing is also insanity mode.

    A well played moonkin destroys shadow.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    In regards to the moonkin thing;
    Moonkin also has much better control through roots and what not.
    Their offhealing is also insanity mode.

    A well played moonkin destroys shadow.
    A well played moonkin can't beat shadows insanity burst, which is what this thread about, damage.

    In those other areas yeah moonkin excels high above shadow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •