Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shadow priests want more damage because their dmg is low when trained and not peeled, shadow is viable at high ratings because the peels and cc is better giving the priest more room to cast. At lower ratings plenty of classes will be spamming more damage cause the priest is being sat 24/7.

all this thread should really be is a nerf warrior thread. If warriors were nerfd shadow would have alot easier time and do more dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    let me ask you a question-hows d- priests in arena this season?are they close to being/are the #1 healers in pvp atm? priest usually are season in and season out.so you come in here crying about shadow and complaining about arms warriors,fine.im going to complain about fury because fury is worse in rep/#'s in pvp then shadow is.that = fury needs massive buffs right?

why are you complaining about shadow being average while you have dis you can play?warriors dotn have that luxury,we have arms and thats it.
    That might be the dumbest comparison ever made on any forum.

It would be the same as if warriors had a heal spec, and their dps sucked.

Everyone keeps bringing up PI/Insanity, first, insanity is completely luck based, it could take 20 seconds to get to it or it could take 60 seconds.

The other parts of a sp are very weak compared to every other dps spec. So the ONE damaging ability SP has that would make an opponent stop giggling EASILY lines up with every other classes interrupt. It is easily avoided by distance and LOS.

When you play against even the most average of players you will get maybe 1 tick of insanity every time. All other sp damage is easily healed with instant dot heals.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    That might be the dumbest comparison ever made on any forum.

It would be the same as if warriors had a heal spec, and their dps sucked.

Everyone keeps bringing up PI/Insanity, first, insanity is completely luck based, it could take 20 seconds to get to it or it could take 60 seconds.

The other parts of a sp are very weak compared to every other dps spec. So the ONE damaging ability SP has that would make an opponent stop giggling EASILY lines up with every other classes interrupt. It is easily avoided by distance and LOS.

When you play against even the most average of players you will get maybe 1 tick of insanity every time. All other sp damage is easily healed with instant dot heals.
    my god-go back an read my other posts in this thread.read what i wrote about pvp and pve specs.when did you start playing wow?older players know what im talking about when i say this game needs to go back to pvp and pve specs.

"It would be the same as if warriors had a heal spec, and their dps sucked."

key word being IF,right?tell me does blizz balance prot warriors for pvp= no,so why would they for a healing warrior?warriors get 1 and only 1 pvp spec.the same should go for all other classes/specs in game. dis should be the pvp spec for priests, shadow = pve dps the way i would balance things.feral and restro were very very good last season right?is it fair/balanced 1 class had two specs each better then the entire warrior class=no.do thing the the way i said "pvp and pve" specs and that shit will not happen.

look at this guy's name and its all you need to know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Honestly at times I feel like meathead has so much to say but just doesn't understand how to write at all. I mean I'm pretty horrible myself but he's on a completely different level. I don't even read his posts because by just looking at it it looks like a bunch of gibberish. But the odd thing is is that I actually see average minded people similar to myself actually respond and get into serious discussions with him.

I gotta say though he's gotten a lot better. He'll "get there" in time. I at least give him some form of respect for sticking with whatever he says and not caring of what others like myself think of him. That's pretty heroic in my book.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I have 5 90's with grievous weapons and spriest is by far the lowest damage.

Im not sure how they can buff pvp damage without affecting pve but something needs to be done. 55k mind blasts on spriest, 120k obliterates on frost dk.....lolz guess what class im gonna play.
    Shadow damage in PvE is awful.
    Deep Wounds hitting for more than VT and SW:P combined is not a problem of VT and SW:P.
    What is a problem is that your heals don't matter anymore (they shouldn't in the first place, but why would you bring spriest instead of affli) and that you have less surv than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    Shadow came out of the gate looking and feeling pretty good. Then, bam Blizzard smacked them with the nerf bat - nerfed ShadowWordPain 15%. Granted, they buffed it 20% so it's a 5% net buff but it does feel weak and it is weak. Did a little research out of the top 500 players in 2s - there are 2 shadow priests. And, even though, this info may be a bit outdated now, but at the start of 5.4 - ShadowPriests ranked dead last in SOO dps.

Not exactly WTF blizzard is thinking. But, if I think about it, I realize they just aren't thinking at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And, deep wounds is passive, it's automatcially applied with other abilities. This statement is the perfect example of one class being "Super OP" and another class being "Weak beyond Belief." Otherwise, the other 9 in the middle are relatively balanced right now from a PVP standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

True, but it is a very short window to take advantage of. And, a skilled player will either CC you, move out of range or work the LOS angles.

the fact you are comparing 2s completly invalidates everything, spriest generally never been top tier in 2s, for the simple fact of caster mechanics, and how the bracket itself favors melee, and the current fotm op melee at that.

yes spriest are a bit to squishy, and their amazing even op utility has got pummeled by the nerf bat, but their damage is actually not bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Deep wounds ticks 3x as hard as VT and SW:P combined. GG blizzard.
    It makes me sad to see warriors being a better DoT class than a pure/semi-DoT class :/

Obliterate has always hit like a truck btw. You can only use 3 obliterates in a row anyways (that is if you have 0 blood tap stacks, if you have 10-12 you can obliterate 5 times in a row) and you have to have killing machine.

But yeah, I can't really comment about spriest damage yet as mine is only level 84 atm. But whenever I meet a spriest in arena or PvP, they're quite scary. 3 orb dp + insanity + silence on healer = A LOT of burst if you can't stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Honestly at times I feel like meathead has so much to say but just doesn't understand how to write at all. I mean I'm pretty horrible myself but he's on a completely different level. I don't even read his posts because by just looking at it it looks like a bunch of gibberish. But the odd thing is is that I actually see average minded people similar to myself actually respond and get into serious discussions with him.

I gotta say though he's gotten a lot better. He'll "get there" in time. I at least give him some form of respect for sticking with whatever he says and not caring of what others like myself think of him. That's pretty heroic in my book.
    not sure what to make of your comment.i have said this a million times-i dont not use any kind of word processor or edit my post at all.should i,maybe,do i no,because i do not care.you can read my posts,a few mistyped words here and there does not stop you from understanding my post.writing well written 20+ pages papers was something i did in college.my postings here i try for speed/fun,big difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    what i find funny is that no one in this whole thread has came out and said im wrong,not one of you.take your little jabs at me and i continue to lol my ass off@ them.

if any of you actually took the time to read my posts in this thread with an open mind,you would see/know im right.pvp in wow is in a bad spot,wow is losing alot of players because of it.#1 complaint from players is class balance,whats the main issues causing class balance?every spec viable/every spec has to have a level of function in pvp.thats in its self throws everything out of whack.every spec viable crap started in wrath right along with normalization of health pools,Armour,ect right down the line.

now ask yourself this,pvp balance is hard to get right,correct?blizz has to make every spec in pvp work,when it use to one have to worry about one per class.ghost crawler said it himself, the game would have better balance if they went back to pvp and pve specs.do you really love playing a game like wow when every toon does/has the same as the next guy.plate Armour and leather does it even matter anymore =no.

the sad thing is,here i am a form BC player that left wow because of what it has turned into.hey i loved the game once,we all have/did at some point.im sitting here telling you a major factor that has ruined wows pvp and i get trolled for it.im not here asking for warriors buffs or nerfs.im not here asking for any class to be nerfed or to be buffed.im just trying you guys that the game was in a much better spot pvp wise,pve wise and balance wise back in the day.im telling you one way blizz could fix it by 80% if not more.separate pvp and pve and bring back pvp and pve specs.you can see for yourself why blizz will not go back to that.all the little kiddy's will cry,o i want to pvp as shadow or i want to pvp blood.
    keep crying for shadow buffs on mmo-blizz devs will get it see it sometime .
    Last edited by meathead; 2013-10-12 at 08:41 PM.

[QUOTE=meathead;22837917] no one in this whole thread has came out and said im wrong
    - - - Updated - - -

Youre Wrong.

Back on topic. We're talking specifically about shadow here, and with a few tweaks, spriests can be "viable" again, meaning that taking either a shadow priest or an afflic lock wouldnt be such a no brainer for the lock. Im talking about, 2's, 3's AND rbgs.
    A short silence/cc immunity (devotion aura type thing) would be great so maybe, just maybe, we could get a hardcast off in arena once in a while.
    The 3 second lol horrify for dispelling vtouch is quite pathetic atm. Multidotting is ok for procs, but the damage pressure from swp and vtouch on a few diff targets is laughable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    It makes me sad to see warriors being a better DoT class than a pure/semi-DoT class :/

Obliterate has always hit like a truck btw. You can only use 3 obliterates in a row anyways (that is if you have 0 blood tap stacks, if you have 10-12 you can obliterate 5 times in a row) and you have to have killing machine.

But yeah, I can't really comment about spriest damage yet as mine is only level 84 atm. But whenever I meet a spriest in arena or PvP, they're quite scary. 3 orb dp + insanity + silence on healer = A LOT of burst if you can't stop it.
    it makes me sad seeing a priest with the same amount "or more" hit points then a warrior in plate Armour.it makes me sad seeing a toon in a bath robe with the same amount of damage reduction as a player wearing a steal suit "plate".the normalization of classes and talents really sucks right?

it makes me sad seeing a priest with the same amount "or more" hit points then a warrior in plate Armour.it makes me sad seeing a toon in a bath robe with the same amount of damage reduction as a player wearing a steal suit "plate".the normalization of classes and talents really sucks right?
    Its spelt Steel. And a warrior complaining about shadow priest health? Cmon now, get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    Its spelt Steel. And a warrior complaining about shadow priest health? Cmon now, get real.
    you need better bait- .when did you start playing wow?you do know that warriors always had bigger health pools and more amour then any other class in game right?that was taken away when they normalized everything.when that happens you get what you have now=shit.

ok so if warriors had alot more health than shadow that would balance the 2 right? far from it. The rate in which those 2 classes die is not compareable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decorpse View Post
    ok so if warriors had alot more health than shadow that would balance the 2 right? far from it. The rate in which those 2 classes die is not compareable.
    omg-your so far out your not even worth my time.every class lost out when they normalized everything not just warriors.read my posts and you might see the light.since you never played back in the day you will not understand.

no, just no.

spriest survivability is an issue for sure, damage is not.

my point is that warriors didnt "lose out" on anything. Theyre uber op atm incase you havent noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    try frost mage. 25K CRIT icelance and 40K CRIT frostbolts.. shadow priest suddenly doesnt look so bad
    I am going to have to concur with this statement, although mages retained their insane CC (although without all of the slows and roots + Blink we would basically be a free kill) our new Icicles suck. You can not even track the amount of damage you are holding because the Icicles don't even put a buff on the player. Either way, whether you play a mage, lock or spriest (or any other caster), you can still kill things, it just requires a bit more teamwork and decent CC in order to win rather than relying on Swifty global macros (lol).

In essence, the 72% resilience buff was felt by everyone, even Unh Dks and other classes / specs that put out insane damage. I would say keep playing and learning / gearing because i am almost certain that when people are in full s14 Grievous gear it will go right back to people complaining about being 'globaled' so therefor Blizzard should nerf X and Y class simply because that player who was 'globaled' most likely was just out played.

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    I am going to have to concur with this statement, although mages retained their insane CC (although without all of the slows and roots + Blink we would basically be a free kill) our new Icicles suck. You can not even track the amount of damage you are holding because the Icicles don't even put a buff on the player. Either way, whether you play a mage, lock or spriest (or any other caster), you can still kill things, it just requires a bit more teamwork and decent CC in order to win rather than relying on Swifty global macros (lol).

In essence, the 72% resilience buff was felt by everyone, even Unh Dks and other classes / specs that put out insane damage. I would say keep playing and learning / gearing because i am almost certain that when people are in full s14 Grievous gear it will go right back to people complaining about being 'globaled' so therefor Blizzard should nerf X and Y class simply because that player who was 'globaled' most likely was just out played.

I agree with most of that. Mage off targ cc is way better than spriest, same with ability to kite.
    Lots of unh dk and warriors in arena right now, a mage or afflic lock can still put out good damage with either on him. Spriest cannot. That says something.

- - - Updated - - -

omg-your so far out .
    It's "You're"

Deleted
    Guys, u should put in brain that Spriest is not more the old WOTLK/CATA Spriest.
    It has been completely redesigned, it has a new mechanic and new "playstyle".
    Playing priest for 9 years, as a few people, I can say that it is no longer "high-performance" btw it's still not a shit.
    Anyway, casters like Mages or Locks, actually, they are more viable than it.

Edit: Spriest doesnt need more damage, but more skillz
    Last edited by mmoc6612b3f595; 2013-10-12 at 10:02 PM.