2200 Rating - BG's or Arenas

Just a quick question regarding a specific rating obtainable in Rated Bg's and Arenas, I hear the rating 2200 called out a lot in the WoW PvP community and I have no idea why it is mentioned so much. What is the actual significance of reaching this rating?

Thank you in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Azeurus View Post
    Just a quick question regarding a specific rating obtainable in Rated Bg's and Arenas, I hear the rating 2200 called out a lot in the WoW PvP community and I have no idea why it is mentioned so much. What is the actual significance of reaching this rating?

Thank you in advance.
    For Arenas for 2v2, 3v3, and 5v5 there is a 2200 achievement as well as one after that. 2200 is generally the point that distinguishes the good PvP'ers with the great PvP'ers though I personally think anything over 2000 is good rating. It's really just people boasting about it there is not significance except a title that you will probably get. Most likely Duelist or the RBG title which I honestly forget what it is for 2200.

2.2k is the rating you need to get colored PVP gear.

Or at least it used to be...not sure anymore, from the posts I've read seems like it changed...

2200 used to be the rating at which you'd get your last bit of gear when gear had rating requirements. It allows you to get the pvp legendary meta gem + elite transmog gear.

Ratings have scaled down a fair bit now. 2400 wrath = 2K now imo.

If you can break 2K - you're decent.

Deleted
    Its because of the threshold to elite gear that used to be at 2.2 rating.
    Anyway, you see that requirement alot because its generally accepted that
    if you have 2.2+ arena exp you can play good.

Personally this is how I inspect people (Highest arena achievement) :
    -1550 or 1750 then the conversation is over, they are probably new to pvp or just very bad
    -2k achievement those players are certainly decent, but in my experience lack in some top
    arena know-hows like good communication/positioning/ccing
    -2.2 achi good players, safe to group up with
    -2.4-2.7 very good and expd players, so im quite humble against those players and listen to they're advice

2.2 RBG usually doesnt mean that much, its about the same level as arena 1750
    Also, if you see a player with 2.4 rbg and 1550 arena, then you know they're sht and just got boosted (in 95% of the cases)
    Last edited by mmocaa8ea6144f; 2013-10-10 at 05:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Its because of the threshold to elite gear that used to be at 2.2 rating.
    Anyway, you see that requirement alot because its generally accepted that
    if you have 2.2+ arena exp you can play good.

Personally this is how I inspect people (Highest arena achievement) :
    -1550 or 1750 then the conversation is over, they are probably new to pvp or just very bad
    -2k achievement those players are certainly decent, but in my experience lack in some top
    arena know-hows like good communication/positioning/ccing
    -2.2 achi good players, safe to group up with
    -2.4-2.7 very good and expd players, so im quite humble against those players and listen to they're advice

2.2 RBG usually doesnt mean that much, its about the same level as arena 1750
    Also, if you see a player with 2.4 rbg and 1550 arena, then you know they're sht and just got boosted (in 95% of the cases)
    I'm 2,6k in rbg and 1,9k in arena. Some people just prefer RBGs over arenas or are just better at it, for example my monk isn't viable in arenas but is great in rbgs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'm 2,6k in rbg and 1,9k in arena. Some people just prefer RBGs over arenas or are just better at it, for example my monk isn't viable in arenas but is great in rbgs.
    Could easily break 2k as monk with disc/mistweaver/*warrior or dk* in 3's, especially with the new change to the gradual healing debuff for longer matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    2200 was always the highest rating required for the best gear... armor was always lower... but if you wanted the best PvP weapons for that season, you needed 2200 rating. Gloves didn't require a rating, legs were 1500, chest was 1650, boots/wrists/neck/rings/trinkets required 1750, t1 weapons required 1800, helmet required 1900, shoulders required 2k and t2 weapons required 2200. That's why there's such an emphasis on 2200... it was the rating to get to... once you got to 2200, there were no more upgrades, you were as geared as the best players in the game... you were just as geared as people who always get r1 titles.

This is actually the reason why I quit... in cata when they removed rating requirement... I felt like there was less of a reason to PvP since I wasn't being rewarded for my hard work... more importantly, I wanted to be rewarded more for achieving a higher rating... but in cata once they removed rating requirement... it just felt stupid getting the same gear as horrid players who were stuck at 1300 rating... sad part about it, is the only reason blizzard did this, was because horrible PvPers complained about how they pay 15 bucks a month like all the other people, but can't obtain that loot... instead of telling them to get better at PvP, blizzard removed the rating requirement because people argued "it makes for an even playing field" even though those horrible players are still stuck at 1300~ rating even w/ the same gear as others. It's like heroic raiders getting the same loot as LFR, that would make most people snap and want to rip someones head off... so idk why people think it's different for PvP. People who think gear>skill are just bad players who never had a chance in PvP.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerGamez View Post
    Ratings have scaled down a fair bit now. 2400 wrath = 2K now imo..
    Errm no. 2k is pretty easy to hit with a decent comp/half amounts of effort. Now 2.2k+, whole another story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    2200 was always the highest rating required for the best gear... armor was always lower... but if you wanted the best PvP weapons for that season, you needed 2200 rating. Gloves didn't require a rating, legs were 1500, chest was 1650, boots/wrists/neck/rings/trinkets required 1750, t1 weapons required 1800, helmet required 1900, shoulders required 2k and t2 weapons required 2200. That's why there's such an emphasis on 2200... it was the rating to get to... once you got to 2200, there were no more upgrades, you were as geared as the best players in the game... you were just as geared as people who always get r1 titles.
    I miss those GLORIOUS days :/
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post

This is actually the reason why I quit... in cata when they removed rating requirement... I felt like there was less of a reason to PvP since I wasn't being rewarded for my hard work... more importantly, I wanted to be rewarded more for achieving a higher rating... but in cata once they removed rating requirement... it just felt stupid getting the same gear as horrid players who were stuck at 1300 rating... sad part about it, is the only reason blizzard did this, was because horrible PvPers complained about how they pay 15 bucks a month like all the other people, but can't obtain that loot... instead of telling them to get better at PvP, blizzard removed the rating requirement because people argued "it makes for an even playing field" even though those horrible players are still stuck at 1300~ rating even w/ the same gear as others. It's like heroic raiders getting the same loot as LFR, that would make most people snap and want to rip someones head off... so idk why people think it's different for PvP. People who think gear>skill are just bad players who never had a chance in PvP.
    Sigh. It's really not that complicated. PvP is about competition, and competition is about fairness. In competition, you don't reward the best with extra advantages over others, because not only do they not need it, but it also eliminates the even playing field. If you're suggesting that not having better gear removes your incentive to PvP, then you aren't competitive, just greedy. The competition itself is supposed to be your motive, not better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Sigh. It's really not that complicated. PvP is about competition, and competition is about fairness. In competition, you don't reward the best with extra advantages over others, because not only do they not need it, but it also eliminates the even playing field. If you're suggesting that not having better gear removes your incentive to PvP, then you aren't competitive, just greedy. The competition itself is supposed to be your motive, not better gear.
    Even when players had all the pieces apart from the shoulders/weapons, they still weren't able to hit the ratings to attain them, now or before same ol' thing. However, you are right.

Re-coloured models for higher ratings is the best work around and of course vanity rewards. Sadly, Blizzard is terrible at implementing vanity rewards.
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What even field are you trying to talk about? If you're good you'll get 2200 and get the same gear as all the best players... that sounds even to me... if you're stuck at 1300 rating and you're using last seasons gear... you're not going to be fighting the decked out gladiators, you're going to be facing players who are also stuck at 1300. This "playing field" you seem to mention, just sounds like BG's... and whether or not they have better gear, you will STILL lose to them. They might not walk away w/ as much health, but they'll still walk away w/ you being dead... want to know why? Because Skill>Gear. Countless times I've came late into a season and had to grind out honor gear, then get all the arena gear... I was still able to get above 2k and get most of the gear. You keep mentioning competition, but the only competition I face is of equal gear. Please tell me what's not fair when you're stuck at 1300 and are facing players who are also stuck at 1300 rating... are you going to cry to blizzard and say "hey I can't get 2200 rating because all these people at 1300 are beating me... I don't know why, maybe they have better gear."??? The only thing I can do is laugh when people make this argument... do you think people getting gladiator do it by facing 1200 teams all the way until they're top .5%??? Hell no, they fight people who are equally geared... just like how you fight people who are equally geared around your mmr. If you want to balance this game around BG's, then you really have no respect for PvP, let alone care about it.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.