Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The Dark Below was 2 months or so before Blizzcon, but that was likely fake.
    Prbly, But I still believe anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well, Hearthstone is under the name "Heroes of Warcraft." Which it technically does not need to be trademarked as it uses "Warcraft" which is trademarked. I'm guessing that "Heroes of the Storm" is probably the subtitle to Blizzard All-Stars which doesn't need to be trademarked because it contains the trademarked company name.
    Does that make sense to anyone?
    You sure? cause in the WoW Client Hearstone = WoW Trading Card Game ....

Man, to be honest, I had liked "The Dark Below", it sounded... better than Heroes of the Storm. Not that Heroes of the Storm is a bad name, but it is a bit ordinary and simple. The Dark Below was different and sounded cool.

Anyway, I am hoping for a cooler name that "Heroes of the Storm" for next WoW expansion.

'Heroes of the Storm' definitely suits a mobo type game. 'Blizzard All-Stars' sounds goofy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I think Cute but Deadly is the next wow expansion. And it will be a total conversion of wow into pokemon that they tested with pet battles.
    Cute but Deadly is the secret cover-up name for Corgis Unleashed.

i see 3 trademarks there with nothing to do with any blizz product, another 3 that dont have to do with WoW, and only 3 taht actually deal with WoW.

so there is only a 33% chance that the new trademark has anything to do with WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Heroes of the Storm is the World of Warcraft expansion.

Anyone claiming otherwise is in extreme denial, just like before MoP.
    It certainly 'could' be the new expansion name, but it could just as easily be linked to Blizzard's DOTA or any of their other projects. Your certainly is just as delusional as the ''extreme denial'' you accuse people of.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Cute but Deadly is the secret cover-up name for Corgis Unleashed.
    Haha.

What is the N00BZ trademark for, anyone know?

That's a piece of shit name for a WoW expansion, I hope it isn't

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Kids these days so technical, if it quacks like a duck and shits like a duck, its not a duck until a DNA analysis has been done and confirmed by Blizzard.

Take a basic marketing course, learn about global marketing, global trademarking. etc. accept fate.

Compare every other expansions trademark filing date to its announcement date. profit.
    Thing is, Heroes of the Storm doesn't quack. It hasn't even breathed, we've only seen the silhouette in an incredibly dark room. It's a simple trademark name.

I agree that it's weird if they trademark something so close to Blizzcon that ISN'T an expansion, but still... Heroes of the Storm? Certainly doesn't fit WoW and until there's a leak or 8th of November, I won't see this as an expansion.

I usually follow every logical clue and it points towards an expansion, I really do agree with you, but.... The name.... It would fit so well into something related to Hearthstone or the MOBA game people are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Haha.

What is the N00BZ trademark for, anyone know?
    http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=1100000635

TBC:

Application Filed- May 3rd, 2005

Blizzcon- October 28th-29th, 2005

almost 6 months

Wrath:

Application Filed- July 28th, 2007

Blizzcon- October August 3rd-4th, 2007

about 2 months

less than a week

Cata:

Application Filed- June 26th, 2009

Blizzcon- August 21st-22nd, 2009

about 2 months

Mists:

Application Filed- July 28th, 2011

Blizzcon- October 21st-22nd, 2011

about 3 months

HotS:

Application Filed- September 24th, 2013

Blizzcon- November 8th-9th, 2013

about 1.5 months

All application dates taken from the USPTO database.

It's not way off, but if Heroes of the Storm is the next WoW expansion the time between HotS's trademark filing and its Blizzcon announcement will be the shortest of all the expansion cycles.

I don't think we can make a call as to what HotS is based on its filing date alone as it's neither typical nor substantially unusual.

*Edit* Whoops, was off for Blizzcon 2007. Now it looks like Wrath's filing to announcement period was the shortest of them all. I still don't think we can say HotS's is indicative of anything.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-10-10 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    It's not an argument.
    Is this a 10 min argument, or the full 30 mins?

Oh, Blizzard store stuff Would have been much more amusing as an expansion name...

10+ Year Old Account
    im calling it 30 pages before this grenades. heroes of the storm dosent have anything to do with the legion so....

wonder if its a book
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-10-10 at 07:33 AM.
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Personally I find it very unlikely that this is the name of a wow xpac. Heroes of the Storm is already the subtitle of Heartstone and I cannot imagine Blizzard using the same name for TWO of their games - that would just be confusing. I think it is simply for hearthstone because of that reason. Ultimately time will tell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You have zero reasons:

Wrong, Past WoW trademarks was filed months before Blizzcon and Heroes of the Storm was filed a month before Blizzcon.

Wrong again. Refer to a news post from mmo-champ: "It isn't likely to be used for a WoW expansion, as the trademark application mentions the software being used on "mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs""

And the third time you are wrong. We can almost be sure that the theme could be anything next. Wrathion said it would take a while for the Legion to reach Azeroth. Basically enough time for another expansion to fit in.
    You are clueless. Heroes of the Storm follows their trend of speeding up processes perfectly. They can't trademark it too soon as they know people will see it and it'll be a bit spoiled, nor can they trademark it too late as they may be too late.

Heroes of the Storm:

Filing Date: September 24, 2013
    Announced: November 9, 2013

~6 Weeks.

Mists of Pandaria:

Filing Date: July 28, 2011
    Announced: October 21, 2011

~12 Weeks.

Cataclysm:

Filing Date: June 26, 2009
    Announced: August 21, 2009

~8 Weeks.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Filing Date: July 28, 2007
    Announced: August 3, 2007

~1 Weeks.

The Burning Crusade: (The old anomaly.)

Filing Date: May 3, 2005
    Announced: October 28, 2005

~25 Weeks.

I've explained the mobile bit again and again in other posts. But basically, it comes down to this. There is no chance all of Blizzard All-Stars can be played from mobile or tablet. Blizzard is serious about e-Sports, and you can't play a MOBA successfully (professionally least of all) on a small screen with touch-controls.

You can, however, have certain features of a game be on mobile - which would warrant a mention in the trademark. The only Apps for All-Stars I can think of are leaderboards, armory, spectator mode, and so on. None of which would be fundamental gameplay features, but rather complimentary add-ons for an even better experience. Like WoW's Armory and Auction House apps of the past, these would not require a mention in the trademark. It would have to be a bigger part of the game.

Something that springs to mind is Pet Battles going mobile. That would be a major feature of the expansion, and it would make perfect sense on phones and tablets. Thus, the trademark fits better for WoW than for All-Stars. Keep in mind the current Blizzard All-Stars mentions nothing of mobile or tablet. I doubt they re-invented the game in 10 months, which is how long ago that trademark was filed.

Regarding Wrathion, people are reading way too much into that final quote. 'Oh sure, another year of fighting and honest casualties trying to take Thunder Bluff [...].' It doesn't really mean anything, as there's no way for Wrathion to know precisely when the Legion will arrive. We don't even know what his ultimate goals are.

The strongest indication we have as to when the Legion will arrive is still Metzen saying we'll need Turalyon and Alleria for what's next. Next means the next expansion, not the one after that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Personally I find it very unlikely that this is the name of a wow xpac. Heroes of the Storm is already the subtitle of Heartstone and I cannot imagine Blizzard using the same name for TWO of their games - that would just be confusing. I think it is simply for hearthstone because of that reason. Ultimately time will tell.
    Heroes of Warcraft is the subtitle for Hearthstone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    TBC:

Application Filed- May 3rd, 2005

Blizzcon- October 28th-29th, 2005

almost 6 months

Wrath:

Application Filed- July 28th, 2007

Blizzcon- October 3rd-4th, 2007

about 2 months

Cata:

Application Filed- June 26th, 2009

Blizzcon- August 21st-22nd, 2009

about 2 months

Mists:

Application Filed- July 28th, 2011

Blizzcon- October 21st-22nd, 2011

about 3 months

HotS:

Application Filed- September 24th, 2013

Blizzcon- November 8th-9th, 2013

about 1.5 months

All application dates taken from the USPTO database.

It's not way off, but if Heroes of the Storm is the next WoW expansion the time between HotS's trademark filing and its Blizzcon announcement will be the shortest of all the expansion cycles.

I don't think we can make a call as to what HotS is based on its filing date alone as it's neither typical nor substantially unusual.
    Blizzcon was on August 3-4 back in 2007, not in October. It was a mere day or two between when we heard of the trademark and they announced it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    It certainly 'could' be the new expansion name, but it could just as easily be linked to Blizzard's DOTA or any of their other projects. Your certainly is just as delusional as the ''extreme denial'' you accuse people of.
    Not it could not 'just as easily be linked to Blizzard's DOTA'.

The trademark description doesn't fit for the MOBA, nor is there a good reason for them to rename it once again a mere 10 months after they filed their current All-Stars trademark, and this time with mobile and tablets in the description as well.

Where's the WoW TM, then? It's getting awfully late.

Oops yes... I stand (sit) corrected.... Hearthstone is Heroes of Warcraft not Heroes of the Storm. Regardless it is too similar - I still find it unlikely they would use such a similar title for something else. Just my opinion though - not claiming it has any basis in anything other than that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Oops yes... I stand (sit) corrected.... Hearthstone is Heroes of Warcraft not Heroes of the Storm. Regardless it is too similar - I still find it unlikely they would use such a similar title for something else. Just my opinion though - not claiming it has any basis in anything other than that
    There's nothing to doubt. The trademark is real.

It also shares its acronym (HotS) with Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm.

Don't forget on the topic of the time span of trademarking. They still have the option to trademark it in Swaziland and other countries who don't have online trademarking systems. So they could trademark the real expansion one day before blizzcon and still be in the clear.