Page 1 of 8
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Any word on Crowd Chooses you?

    Is it staying or are they going to listen to the top pvpers in the game and remove it?
    The ability to stay alive as a healer or anyone for 15 minutes is a skill , if no one kills each other after 15 minutes , NO one deserves to win ? i dont see how hard of a concept that is to understand? Is there actually anyone who likes addition to the game?

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord Raugnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Frogspoison#1419 Battletag
    Posts
    4,153
    Eh. The only thing i've seen of it was a rogue who attempted to stay alive for the 15 minutes needed. It didnt work, he was downed in about 2 minutes. As stated before, 15 min matches are EXTREMELY rare. If its 2 dps vs 1 healer, and those 2 dps can NOT kill that single healer, well, seriously, they didnt deserve to win. If its 1 dps vs 1 healer, well, gg, might as well leave and do better next time?
    Anyone ever notice how the sun seems to shine silverish now? Didn't it used to shine goldish? PM me if you've noticed this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

  3. #3
    if its 1dps vs 1 healer , the game hasnt ended and no one has killed the other team completely , regardless if the dps cant kill the other team , and the healer cant kill the dps either , i dont think 1 team shud come away with a loss. The point im making is that , after 15 minutes IF no one has actually KILLED the other 3 players or other 2 players they DO not deserve to win , both teams played well , but not well enough to deserve PTS , they deserve a tie.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Ive seen a high rated RMP turtle against a high rated WLS because they had the buff , and then just one shot the other team after 15 minutes. If anything , Crowd chooses you actually encourages people to TURTLE more than actually try and kill the other team.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Kals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    481
    http://www.twitch.tv/crumpt/c/2951497

    I'll just leave this here.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/crumpt/c/2951497

    I'll just leave this here.
    Dunno why there wasn't any timer up there, it displays in 3v3 how much time you have left.

    I find that absolutely fair. Why? If you look at the damage, both the druid and the warlock topped the monk, so i can only imagine the monk/priest team turtled and pillar humped till they got a lucky kill near the end, and then lost. How can you roll with a healer and get beat at damage by 2 dps? Suits them right.

    Fuck turtling.
    Fuck pillar humping.

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Eh. The only thing i've seen of it was a rogue who attempted to stay alive for the 15 minutes needed. It didnt work, he was downed in about 2 minutes. As stated before, 15 min matches are EXTREMELY rare. If its 2 dps vs 1 healer, and those 2 dps can NOT kill that single healer, well, seriously, they didnt deserve to win. If its 1 dps vs 1 healer, well, gg, might as well leave and do better next time?
    This isn't even much about 2v2 anymore. This is about 3v3 aswell. Multi-glad players are actually turtling now when they know they will get the buff because neither teams can kill eachother. This also happens a lot in 2v2. Why bother scoring a kill legitemately when you know you're going to get the buff?

    All the buff has done is it made people turtle even more. If neither teams can kill eachother, it should be a tie because getting someone low doesn't mean you should win. Some classes are balanced are getting low, then topping themselves off (holy priests, holy paladins, resto shamans).

    I know that the gear will change arena gameplay a lot, but even then IT'S A STUPID MECHANIC. It promotes turtling and it demotivates arena play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    Dunno why there wasn't any timer up there, it displays in 3v3 how much time you have left.

    I find that absolutely fair. Why? If you look at the damage, both the druid and the warlock topped the monk, so i can only imagine the monk/priest team turtled and pillar humped till they got a lucky kill near the end, and then lost. How can you roll with a healer and get beat at damage by 2 dps? Suits them right.

    Fuck turtling.
    Fuck pillar humping.
    You don't really know how boomkin/warlock works, do you? It's the most turtly 2v2 comp out there. Get your facts right before commenting. Even if WW monks are really mobile, it's really tough to kill those two tanky classes. Besides, it DID show the timer, there was 1 minute left. But RIGHT as they killed the warlock, the timer expired and the boomkins got the buff, meaning he got like 99% dmg reduction and 1k% more damage. The WW monk/Holy priest should've won the game.

    If anything, the boomkin and lock most likely turtled the whole game after they got either of them low.
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2013-09-22 at 09:57 AM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    This isn't even much about 2v2 anymore. This is about 3v3 aswell. Multi-glad players are actually turtling now when they know they will get the buff because neither teams can kill eachother. This also happens a lot in 2v2. Why bother scoring a kill legitemately when you know you're going to get the buff?

    All the buff has done is it made people turtle even more. If neither teams can kill eachother, it should be a tie because getting someone low doesn't mean you should win. Some classes are balanced are getting low, then topping themselves off (holy priests, holy paladins, resto shamans).

    I know that the gear will change arena gameplay a lot, but even then IT'S A STUPID MECHANIC. It promotes turtling and it demotivates arena play.


    You don't really know how boomkin/warlock works, do you? It's the most turtly 2v2 comp out there. Get your facts right before commenting. Even if WW monks are really mobile, it's really tough to kill those two tanky classes. Besides, it DID show the timer, there was 1 minute left. But RIGHT as they killed the warlock, the timer expired and the boomkins got the buff, meaning he got like 99% dmg reduction and 1k% more damage. The WW monk/Holy priest should've won the game.

    If anything, the boomkin and lock most likely turtled the whole game after they got either of them low.
    You can't turtle and nuke at the same time. You either have periods of damage, or periods of healing. The monk, who was with a healer, played as defensively as 2 dps (read: turtling as much) when in fact he should've been the one going for the kill because he's backed up by a fucking healer. Instead, he did 2/3 of each of the opposite team member's healing, and pulled out less dps than either of them. While backed by a healer. That YELLS turtling and pillar humping to me.


    If the lock and the druid turtled AND at the same time managed to pull out more dps than the monk, each of them, then they deserved to win. Period.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-09-22 at 12:26 PM.

  8. #8

    Question

    The prblem is not the conditions set by gamedesign in an arena game. The problem is some ppl are asocial assholes and they will always be! Easy

    Even when ita annoying for the long run it wont play out well for them at some point. So fuck them

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    http://www.twitch.tv/crumpt/c/2951497

    I'll just leave this here.
    Excellent design by blizzard

  10. #10
    I very much like this new system, 100% more logical than wasting 25 minutes and then both teams get minus points. Though it is true, that this makes turtling a lot more desirable after a certain amount of time, given that you are on the winning side.

    I have some bad experience too, to be honest. We (resto shaman and arms warrior) managed to encounter a double blood DK setup, which was absolutely ridiculous. 4 death grip's, 2 blanket silences, 2 interrupts, 2 stuns, free aoe heals (blood worms), unpenetrable blood shields, the warrior on my team couldn't even scratch them.

    In the opening we instantly got bursted/cced down to like 40% health, whereas none of their health bar went below 80% during the course of a 7 minute long game. At that point I just quitted the hell out of that bullshit (as of course the smart crowd would have chosen them). To my mind, this is very much on the line of abuse/clever use of game mechanics. Perhaps they can be beaten after all, Though I REALLY doubt that any setup could prove deadly to two blood dks, given the amount of CC and damage they can pull off even without vengeance, so blizz ought to do something about this. The exclusion of two tank specced players would be a start.
    Last edited by Shayand; 2013-09-22 at 01:10 PM.

  11. #11
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,993
    Another thing about the buff is that you can play really bad and still lose. I was playing sublety rogue/disc priest just now in 2s. My disc is pretty good, but we both made a lot of mistakes while the opponents team didn't. They were coördinating pretty well, but because I managed to get the rdruid low multiple times and the ret couldn't get me low at all because I simply abused my evasion everytime he would start bursting me, we eventually won because of the buff.

    The buff basically allows bad play to rise to the top. If you're good at turtling and countering the enemy and you managed to get one of your opponents to low hp, while they couldn't get you low while they would still have theoratically outplayed you, you'd still win.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayand View Post
    I very much like this new system, 100% more logical than wasting 25 minutes and then both teams get minus points. Though it is true, that this makes turtling a lot more desirable after a certain amount of time, given that you are on the winning side.

    I have some bad experience too, to be honest. We (resto shaman and arms warrior) managed to encounter a double blood DK setup, which was absolutely ridiculous. 4 death grip's, 2 blanket silences, 2 interrupts, 2 stuns, free aoe heals (blood worms), unpenetrable blood shields, the warrior on my team couldn't even scratch them.

    In the opening we instantly got bursted/cced down to like 40% health, whereas none of their health bar went below 80% during the course of a 7 minute long game. At that point I just quitted the hell out of that bullshit (as of course the smart crowd would have chosen them). To my mind, this is very much on the line of abuse/clever use of game mechanics. Perhaps they can be beaten after all, Though I REALLY doubt that any setup could prove deadly to two blood dks, given the amount of CC and damage they can pull off even without vengeance, so blizz ought to do something about this. The exclusion of two tank specced players would be a start.
    Or you could just move to the more serious bracket of 3v3. They specifically said they dont balance things around 2v2. Also, welcome to rock-paper-scissors. A good caster comp would've dealt with those two, and fairly so. I remember beating a double dk comp as dk/hpala, but that was in tyrannical season.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Another thing about the buff is that you can play really bad and still lose. I was playing sublety rogue/disc priest just now in 2s. My disc is pretty good, but we both made a lot of mistakes while the opponents team didn't. They were coördinating pretty well, but because I managed to get the rdruid low multiple times and the ret couldn't get me low at all because I simply abused my evasion everytime he would start bursting me, we eventually won because of the buff.

    The buff basically allows bad play to rise to the top. If you're good at turtling and countering the enemy and you managed to get one of your opponents to low hp, while they couldn't get you low while they would still have theoratically outplayed you, you'd still win.
    Sounds like you deserved to win. In an environment where it's basically kill or be killed, timing your kills right should get you only so far. The objective is to kill the other players, not to huddle around pillars and walls. That's for RBGs, where you staying alive/dragging an opponent with you might have more of a meaning than just that. With this buff, if you step into the arena you either go for the kill or go home.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    If the lock and the druid turtled AND at the same time managed to pull out more dps than the monk, each of them, then they deserved to win. Period.
    The monk/priest team killed an opposing team member and would have killed the druid. Therefore they deserved to win, period, and they would have if not for this buff. It's funny you say "the objective is to kill the other players, not to huddle around pillars and walls" in the post above, which is exactly what the monk/priest team did, yet apparently that doesn't entitle them to a win according to your logic.
    Last edited by Ripley6174; 2013-09-22 at 03:07 PM.

  14. #14
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    12,691
    The buff should just be a sudden death. Will it solve everything? No. Will it make it more fair for everybody than it currently is? Yes.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  15. #15
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    51
    I very much doubt that they'll change TCCY this season, but thats just my opinion.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    The prblem is not the conditions set by gamedesign in an arena game. The problem is some ppl are asocial assholes and they will always be! Easy

    Even when ita annoying for the long run it wont play out well for them at some point. So fuck them
    What? So only "asocial assholes" play to win? Everyone else is happy to be a loser?

    On topic, buff needs to go. It's effectively a second victory condition that promotes time-wasting.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    The monk/priest team killed an opposing team member and would have killed the druid. Therefore they deserved to win, period, and they would have if not for this buff. It's funny you say "the objective is to kill the other players, not to huddle around pillars and walls" in the post above, which is exactly what the monk/priest team did, yet apparently that doesn't entitle them to a win according to your logic.
    They did? After 15min? Yeah. Give me a good reason as to why they weren't able to score that kill 10min eariler? Because I doubt the lock and druid went like "oh well, time's up...we win anyway let's just relax". No, they managed to kill it after 15min (or w/e it is) because they were capable in the first place, but took their sweet time of it. They played it extremely safe and defensive and decided to go for the kill in the last few seconds. To that, Blizz just said "You LOSE. Good day, sir!" and gave the buff to those that played their maximum. They topped damage and healing, and they won because of it.

    If you enter the arena with the thought that you should take your sweet time to kill someone just because you're uncertain of your chances of survival....well, you go home a loser. You enter to kill, if you don't do it in 15min you lose. Simple.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    What? So only "asocial assholes" play to win? Everyone else is happy to be a loser?

    On topic, buff needs to go. It's effectively a second victory condition that promotes time-wasting.
    Play your hardest from sec 1 and you'll get the buff and the win. Stall and lose and go cry on forums if you enter arenas with any other thought than that.

  18. #18
    Stood in the Fire Walktheline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Austria, Vorarlberg
    Posts
    415
    So, the other day we played 2s (Warri/HPally) and it was quite fun, until we faced double dps. Double dps maybe sounds easy to beat, but this double "dps" were 2 Guardian Druids (!). So instead of facing 1 raidboss, we faced know 2 raidbosses.

    That wouldnt be a problem, if blizzard designed "The crowd chooses you" around HP percentage left. BUT, blizzard designed it, to choose you among the crowd by how many HP you got left (raw numbers, not percantage).

    So these two Guardian Druids, once popped they cooldowns and got my warrior down to ~60% percent, not that a problem. The big issue was, after that, those two guardian druids did nothing but, turtling around for the rest of the game. We got both of them, a few times down to ~40% (mortal strike is critting for a rough 14k on them...).

    So in the end normal pvp players got around 400k, guardian druids 700k, and they got the "the crowd chooses you" buff and simply won, by running around. nice!

    Well, THATS a FINE design.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Walktheline View Post
    So, the other day we played 2s (Warri/HPally) and it was quite fun, until we faced double dps. Double dps maybe sounds easy to beat, but this double "dps" were 2 Guardian Druids (!). So instead of facing 1 raidboss, we faced know 2 raidbosses.

    That wouldnt be a problem, if blizzard designed "The crowd chooses you" around HP percentage left. BUT, blizzard designed it, to choose you among the crowd by how many HP you got left (raw numbers, not percantage).

    So these two Guardian Druids, once popped they cooldowns and got my warrior down to ~60% percent, not that a problem. The big issue was, after that, those two guardian druids did nothing but, turtling around for the rest of the game. We got both of them, a few times down to ~40% (mortal strike is critting for a rough 14k on them...).

    So in the end normal pvp players got around 400k, guardian druids 700k, and they got the "the crowd chooses you" buff and simply won, by running around. nice!

    Well, THATS a FINE design.
    You do realize you would've got the buff instead of them if you would've taken them seriously from the start and popped CDs when they did so you would not have let your warr drop below 70%? Do you even know how that sounds? " I rolled with a warr as hpala vs 2 tank druids and got outdpsed." 2 tanks...outdpsing a healer team. Daaaaamn.

    All I hear about this buff is people whining that some teams melt their faces because they took the buff seriously and you didn't, because I doubt you people found about the buff only AFTER you got owned by it.
    Last edited by Orly; 2013-09-22 at 06:19 PM.

  20. #20
    Dreadlord ipoststuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Internet
    Posts
    889
    I like this addition. It may have some downsides but mostly it is for the better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •