Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

Upcoming hotfix on The Crowd Chose You!!!

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/f...c/8892689279#1

In patch 5.4, We have added a new mechanism -- 'The Crowd Chose You!!!' in arena. We added it for two reasons: 1. We don't want the fight to last too long; 2. We want to ensure one team to be the winner in each fight. However, we don't want players to change their playstyle due to this mechanism. Unfortunately, we are not happy with it after this mechanism was added.

So, we decided to change it in a different way. In the upcoming hotfix, we will completely remove 'The Crowd Chose You!!!' and replace it with a new mechanism called 'Suppression'. If a fight lasts longer than 10 minutes, all player in the arena will get a stacking debuff -- healing reduced by 1% every 10 seconds. This effect will last till one team wins the fight. Under extreme circumstances where the winner cannot be decided within 20 minutes, the system will end the fight and randomly decide the winner.

We think this change will have less effect on playstyle, team composition and strategy than 'The Crowd Chose You!!!', and make the fight more interesting and excited. We are doing an internal testing now, and will update it when it is released.

1% every 10 seconds is 6% a minute, so 30% by the 15 minute mark. That's... Not really very much, and this is going to have a massive impact on what classes are viable for 2v2.

Pretty stupid change, honestly, I prefer it the way it is I think. All they needed to do was remove tanks from arenas and make it % based and problem solved.

Deleted
    inb4 20 min matches and outrageous forum posts.

IMO, if they are doing that allready, the game should count sucesseful jukes and cc chains with minimum dr tracked, something that made a mark in the game and decide based on how well the team played. But oh well, major part of the community cant even juke....

15+ Year Old Account
    Double DPS turtle teams?

Probably 0 impacts to absorb classes as well...you wait and see. Double blood DK, I CHOOSE YOU!

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit, I misread the post.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Honestly, they really should have just had a stacking buff/debuff that adds +5% damage done and -5% healing received every ten seconds once the "this has gone on too long" timer is reached.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

it should be, after 10 min you will get a debuff that you no longer can recieve healing in any form or aborbs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Double DPS turtle teams?
    So, if I have time to burn, why wouldn't I get on my rogue and team up with another rogue or druid, and wait until the debuff stacks up? I'm pretty good at not being tagged with AoE, and even if they do, that's what vanish and cloak are for, right? (And before you mention bleeds, who does arena as a rogue as something other than a dwarf?)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    So, if I have time to burn, why wouldn't I get on my rogue and team up with another rogue or druid, and wait until the debuff stacks up? I'm pretty good at not being tagged with AoE, and even if they do, that's what vanish and cloak are for, right? (And before you mention bleeds, who does arena as a rogue as something other than a dwarf?)
    Seeing that the eye things spawn after I think 45 or 60 seconds that will give them vision of you, I'd imagine this won't work out very well for you at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Seeing that the eye things spawn after I think 45 or 60 seconds that will give them vision of you, I'd imagine this won't work out very well for you at all.
    I guess that's what I get for speaking up after not running arena for a long time. ;-)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Greetings and hello to you fighters of the fields!

Thought this topic might be more suiting for the PvP forum.

Have a good day1

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blizzard once again proves how out of touch they are with the pvp in their own game.

Removing one horrible idea and replacing it with another is not a solution.

It's no wonder this game is laughed at by the competitive gaming world.

Here's a viable solution: balance your fucking garbage game in pvp instead of making stupid band-aid fixes.
    Last edited by Coldhearth; 2013-10-10 at 11:14 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    Blizzard once again proves how out of touch they are with the pvp in their own game.

Removing one horrible idea and replacing it with another is not a solution.

It's no wonder this game is laughed at by the competitive gaming world.

Here's a viable solution: balance your fucking garbage game in pvp instead of making stupid band-aid fixes.
    Balance is impossible even you know that lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 double unholy DK/disc priest. Cuz you know, 300k+ necrotics with reduced healing.

This change is so fucking lame, this buff shouldn't be active in 3s. It's still fucking gamebreaking. Some classes rely more on selfhealing, while others rely on damage reduction/absorbs. And unless the debuff also affects absorbs (which still wouldn't matter much), they basically fucked over classes like warlocks I reckon.

Why the fuck is it so hard to simply remove this shit mechanic? It's not fucking needed, at least not in 3s. And even in 2s, DKs are already the supreme class, they'll only be even more OP with unhealable necrotics.

Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don't see how people arent going to game this... they will simply run around avoiding damage till full stacks at 19 minutes then burst the other team.

I think this change is better than the "lowest health" portion of the Crowd buff but what I don't understand is why i healing being directly targeted? I do agree that healers are usually the ones to turtle and can be a bit op at times in 2's. The problem I see happening now is double dps tanky classes going defensive, kiting if they can't land an early kill against healer/dps comps and just waiting for the healing to be gymped by 30-40% less healing. Anyone who says this is not a big deal has not played a healer against double melee in 5.4 (stun stun silence stun). So now the one cast I might actually get off will be 50% less effective.

Yes you can make the argument "well then kill the dps before the 10min". You would be correct that is the goal and we do a good job of it now but if comps start setting up to play defensive for 10min, classes like warriors, dks, locks, and monks could easily kite and turtle one dps. Then after 10-15min 2 dps pop cds and go to town with less healing.

This may make resto shams better due to their mastery

Deleted
    Good change but need to be more severe. No arena match should last over 10 minutes anyway. It's just boring as hell.