Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Crowd Chose You Hotfix, Oct 9 Hotfixes, Blue Posts, Blue Tweets, BlizzCon Sale

BlizzCon Merchandise Sale Coming on Friday, Blue Posts, What Side Quest Do You Find the Most Interesting?

Blue Posts - BlizzCon Merch Sale, Opt-In Waves, EU Beta Issues

Update - Added the US announcement for the Crowd Chose You!!! Hotfix

Upcoming The Crowd Chose You!!! Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With Patch 5.4, we added a mechanic called "The Crowd Chose You" to Arena gameplay. This mechanic was added to suit two primary goals: keep the game from dragging on too long, and make sure matches always end with one team declared the winner. However, we wanted something that wouldn’t make players feel they needed to change how they played the game. Unfortunately, the implementation of The Crowd Chose You that went live with Patch 5.4 is not filling that last requirement.

So, we’re going to take a different approach. In an upcoming hotfix, we’ll be removing The Crowd Chose You entirely, and replacing it with a new mechanic called Dampening. If a match should last for 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive a stacking debuff that reduces healing done by 1% every 10 seconds. This will continue until one team is eventually able to claim the victory. In the extremely unlikely event that neither team has won after 20 minutes, the match will end in a draw.

We feel that this mechanic will have a much smaller impact on playstyle, team composition, and decision making than The Crowd Chose You, and thus result in more fun and exciting matches. We’re currently testing the hotfix internally, and will provide an update when it goes live.

Patch 5.4 Hotfixes: October 9
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes
    • Druid (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Restoration
        • To help address issues with input lag, Efflorescence now heals for twice as much every 2 seconds (was once every 1 second). Additional adjustments have been made so the total amount healed by Efflorescence from Swiftmend, Force of Nature Treants, and Wild Mushroom remains unchanged.
    • Warrior (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
      • Talents
        • Corrected an issue that allowed Warriors to cast Storm Bolt while under the effects of a Hex.

Creatures
    • [Requires a realm restart] Engaging Ordos in combat will no longer cause the Ordon Sanctuary gate to close.
    • Added an upper limit to the number of wolves that could be summoned by Moonfang's Call the Pack ability.
    • Flik and Flik's Frog should no longer incorrectly wind up under the terrain on Darkmoon Island.

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Siege of Orgrimmar
      • Norushen
        • Resolved an issue that could cause the Overconfidence debuff to persist after defeating Zeal.
      • Kor'kron Dark Shaman
        • Reduced the amount of hostile NPCs in the areas leading up to the Dark Shaman encounter on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • General Nazgrim
        • Reduced the amount of hostile NPCs in the areas leading up to General Nazgrim on Raid Finder difficulty.
      • Spoils of Pandaria
        • Blade of the Hundred Steps should now only be applied to one tank per quadrant in Normal and Heroic difficulties.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Faction Restricted Classes
    it made raid tuning very hard for blizzard as they pretty much ended up having to have 2 versions to take into account the class differences
    Raid tuning was an issue for sure, but PvP balance was also a concern when the decision came to make Shamans and Paladins available to both factions... I believe this decision was made around the same time the first Arenas were being added to the game.

Before then, Shamans and Paladins were often "unknowns" for the opposite factions, meaning that the abilities, strengths, and weaknesses of these classes weren't well known by players of the opposite faction, and that made them harder to fight for many. These "unknowns" also lead to many misconceptions and a lot of confusion, which often manifested in nerf spam campaigns on the forums.

I still shudder from time to time from the memories of having to moderate the forums during the massive "Vin Diesel plays a Shaman" nerf campaign back in 2005/2006. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Season 14 Two Handed Maces
    There is no two-handed mace available in season 14, the same as there isn't a Crossbow available in season 14 for Conquest points. It's actually very normal for there not to be every single weapon type available during each season. The same thing has happened in previous seasons but for other weapon types and in season 15, there may be two-handed maces available again.

If your preference is to use a mace as your weapon we can understand your frustration, especially if you happen to play a Dwarf, however if you plan on wielding a two-handed weapon this season then you'll need to decide between a sword and an axe. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Flex Raiding
    Greg, any thoughts on making Flex loot tradeable in guild groups? Got a few items I wish had gone elsewhere. Thanks!
    Long term it's probably a requirement, but we currently don't have a way to drop more loot for larger groups. (Source)

Can you give us any idea of Flex participation relative to normal? I'm excited to see if it's as highly popular as it seems.
    It's as or more popular than normal and growing. It makes sense that flex could grow to be far more popular than normal. (Source)

UI / Addons
    Is there any possibility that blizz let us set factions like The Tillers or Horde Expedition to inactive?
    It's a known issue with factions that have sub-factions. We'd like to fix it. (Source)

Reputation / Questing
    didnt you wrote you want to remove the prerequisite "wind serpent riding" for alts? Its still in the game, unfortunately
    I believe I said we could consider it. With all of the catch up mechanisms, it's pretty fast for alts to get there. (Source)

Class Balance Discussion
    This may sound backwards, but try using "I" more often and "we" less often in your feedback. (Source)
    I use "we" a lot, but I know the values and intentions of my fellow developers in a way you cannot know for all players. (Source)

This will help communicate from the players to the devs. Unlike the forums, it's easier to read.
    Surveys don't provide context. I care more about when you feel less mobile more than whether you rank mobility a 2. (Source)

And to be clear, I do think that blues should always be very careful when they decide to post in a class forum.
    I don't personally post in class forums anymore (or rarely anywhere). It caused more QQ than it solved IMO. (Source)
    If blues won't post in class specific forums why even have them?
    They are intended for players to be able to discuss class issues with fellow players that other class might not find interesting. (Source)

BlizzCon® Merchandise Sale Coming Oct. 11—Get a Sneak Peek Now!
    We know everyone’s anxious to see what will be available to purchase for BlizzCon this year. While we can’t show you everything just yet, we wanted to share a sneak peek at what’s in store (pun intended).

This year’s BlizzCon online sale will begin October 11 at 10 a.m. PT and will be exclusive to BlizzCon attendees* and Virtual Ticket buyers until the end of the show on November 9. Supplies will be limited, so if you’re not going to the show in person or haven’t yet purchased a Virtual Ticket, you might want to order now to get your chance at some cool BlizzCon merchandise.

To access the sale on these dates, log in to the Blizzard Store with the Battle.net® account associated with your BlizzCon ticket or Virtual Ticket (physical ticket buyers can view this info in their Order History).

In the meantime, check out just a few of this year’s items below

Last edited by Boubouille; 2013-10-10 at 08:23 AM.

I actually like the new PVP change.

Randomly choose the winner? Hope that's a mis-translation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolcraft View Post
    Randomly choose the winner? Hope that's a mis-translation.
    After 20 min, I think the people who end up in 3 hour draws would much prefer that.

Still, I think it'd be more reasonable to put the cap at 30 min.

Edit: At 15 minutes, it will be at 30% reduced healing, and at 20 minutes (when winner is picked), it will be at 60% reduced healing.
    Last edited by Simca; 2013-10-10 at 07:08 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Interesting change. I hope it plays out better than the current solution.

Might anyone know what the two leather bound items are in the preview picture for the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    After 20 min, I think the people who end up in 3 hour draws would much prefer that.

Still, I think it'd be more reasonable to put the cap at 30 min.

Edit: At 15 minutes, it will be at 30% reduced healing, and at 20 minutes (when winner is picked), it will be at 60% reduced healing.
    Honestly they just need to put it back to the way it was except when neither team wins after a game...its a tie...no team gains points and no teams loses points?

I really dislike the random-winner part. TCCY had to go but why replace it with a random winner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Lore

With Patch 5.4, we added a mechanic called "The Crowd Chose You" to Arena gameplay. This mechanic was added to suit two primary goals: keep the game from dragging on too long, and make sure matches always end with one team declared the winner. However, we wanted something that wouldn’t make players feel they needed to change how they played the game. Unfortunately, the implementation of The Crowd Chose You that went live with Patch 5.4 is not filling that last requirement.

So, we’re going to take a different approach. In an upcoming hotfix, we’ll be removing The Crowd Chose You entirely, and replacing it with a new mechanic called Dampening. If a match should last for 10 minutes, all players in the Arena will begin to receive a stacking debuff that reduces healing done by 1% every 10 seconds. This will continue until one team is eventually able to claim the victory. In the extremely unlikely event that neither team has won after 20 minutes, the match will end in a draw.

We feel that this mechanic will have a much smaller impact on playstyle, team composition, and decision making than The Crowd Chose You, and thus result in more fun and exciting matches. We’re currently testing the hotfix internally, and will provide an update when it goes live.

Suppression sounds better than Dampening which reminds me of Dampen Magic, the mage spell from a long time ago.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10195209926#1
    Last edited by Schaapa; 2013-10-10 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Failing to include link to post :(

The "random winner" part is unimportant. Not many matches are ever going to last 20 minutes. It's probably just to cover glitches.

The random winner part IS IMPORTANT. It ensures that players will never attempt to win by purposely dragging out the match.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one reason why I raid flex over normal mode: cross realm raid group.

Noone on my server raids when I can, and I don't feel I should have to transfer servers to raid current content. I've just been doing lfr till now, but when some of my IRL friends offered to let me raid with them in flex I was all over it. To be fair they offered before, but I just was unable to put about $100 towards character transfers to be happy on that server. (2 characters for me and 4 for my wife).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    I actually like the new PVP change.
    Depends what you play really? Classes working with passive healing / shields will be hit harder than someone with a "reduces dmg by x%# button?

40% dmg reduction will keep working at its full potential whereas power word shield or similar will be rendered useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    People worried about the random winner must understand, that if 4 players are not able to kill someone through a 54% healing debuff (after 9mins and without your own mortal strike), then something is very wrong and they deserve the random winner raffle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmoonn View Post
    Honestly they just need to put it back to the way it was except when neither team wins after a game...its a tie...no team gains points and no teams loses points?
    You can still lose points when the match goes into a draw. (Frankly I have always lost points when the game went into a draw, so has the other team.)

Notice how it says "Draw" now, instead of random winner. Loss in translation, or fast change after the "leak"?

Deleted
    Cool... but what happens to the people who abused the broken mechanic? They get to keep their ratings right? Fail!

I guess we should be happy about a fix though...

Funny thing is i had suggested this too them awhile back maybe they heard us. Although my version included Healing and Armor reduction every 10sec after set time.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what that thing is in the top left corner? The one that looks like a toy that has green spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flavourcat54 View Post
    I wonder what that thing is in the top left corner? The one that looks like a toy that has green spots.
    It looks like a baneling plushie