Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sky Golem totally fiasco....

I am on high pop realm when price on ah is beetwen 290k and 90k and I cant even sell mine for 45k with buyers living steels !!

rofl

xD

Deleted
    Everyone saw this coming from miles and miles away, thats why Ive made mine for myself

should of seen it coming lol, its gonna be on 100k within the next few weeks until the people with shit load of money buy them.
    if i had the money id buy one for 45k lol after a while just sell it for 100k
    depending on the market really

Deleted
    Just think about it. Anyone who realy cared for the mount, and has the money you would like to get for it.
    Has made an engineer themself and gotten the mount for a fraction of the price

Deleted
    Saw some ppl yesterday selling a reservation for today for 100k+

And today ppl is selling it for 60k and i just grabbed one and it was totally worth it, looks amazing and now im gonna go farm herbs and ore :d

Well, leveling Engineering out of the AH takes what, 1-2 hours and like 20k gold. So if someone has 100-300k like some people want for it they obviously aren't lazy, and they obviously aren't stupid, so they're just gonna level Engineering on an alt and make one themselves for like 40k instead of 100k.

Plus they get an Engineer out of the mix, which is always nice. Makes no sense to spend that much on a mount you can craft yourself for a lot less. The reason that things like the Motorcycle and such sell for a lot is because it requires Engineering plus the mats themselves are super expensive. This mount is only expensive because of the 30 day timer, but it doesn't make it worth more than maybe mats + 20k, since that's about what it would cost someone to level Engineering themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can all agree that regardless of price or just making one for yourself, it's a sweet ass mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elmachino View Post
    Saw some ppl yesterday selling a reservation for today for 100k+

And today ppl is selling it for 60k and i just grabbed one and it was totally worth it, looks amazing and now im gonna go farm herbs and ore :d
    Did the fix it to also do Ores?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, so here's my story:
    I was hoping for 150k.
    So I make mine, and go /2 WTS Sky Golem
    People offering me in trade laughable amounts like 500g or 1k, even the insande amount of 5k!
    Then I get whispers for "my mats + tip", so I ask for 80k tip lol.
    The only serious offer I got in 5h was 60k.
    I asked a friend to sell it later that evening, sold it for 90k. I'm happy.
    I heard someone sold his for 500k, not sure what server though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Did the fix it to also do Ores?!
    I'm on US servers, and I asked a friend with it to test, he got dismounted when he tried to mine. He had no herbalists so couldn't try that.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    I think the duping exploit used on the Vial and JC Panthers is having an impact here too. People expect to get these crafted mounts for less than they cost to make. I've had people say that 35k is too high, which is a joke. I would argue that 50k is pretty reasonable.

Anyone who really cares already has an engineering alt and had the mount crafted. Anyone who doesn't care that much will wait a few weeks for the price to go down. Seriously, it was a case of thousands of players all having the same "brilliant" idea to craft a sky golem and try to sell it on day one, and as with every other time when thousands of people all have the same idea for how to make money, supply overwhelms demand, prices plummet, and everyone walks away poorer than they were.

Everyone else saw this coming a mile away.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post

I'm on US servers, and I asked a friend with it to test, he got dismounted when he tried to mine. He had no herbalists so couldn't try that.
    Ok thanks, got my hopes up

Deleted
    I used mine the second I made it, and I think it's by far the coolest mount ! I'm really enjoying it :3

Edit: So regarding the topic, I'd say it's a huge success!

And this is why I'm making my own.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    There are literally tens of thousands, if not millions, of Sky Golems popping up in the next few days. Of course it will not cost anything for a long, long time.

E: Checked my realm's AH on Silvermoon EU. 31 Sky Golems in the AH with cheapest one being 69k. That's actually more gold than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2013-10-10 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    There are literally tens of thousands, if not millions, of Sky Golems popping up in the next few days. Of course it will not cost anything for a long, long time.

E: Checked my realm's AH on Silvermoon EU. 31 Sky Golems in the AH with cheapest one being 69k. That's actually more gold than I thought it would be.
    On EU Outland same story, i checked this morning it was 71K less then 5 minutes later it was 69k already.

I will buy mine if its like 30k worth. I'm not going to buy a 60k one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

It's all cooldowns.

Anybody who could afford to pay a lot for a mount probably already has all the cooldowns they need.

Not sure what people did expect. Those mounts are worth jackshit. It's incredibly easy to skill engineering and the recipe itself drops after ~5 minutes tops. I was feeling lucky selling two of mine already for 65k each.

Saw them going for as low as 25k on Illidan US today and I laughed at it

Guildy bought a few for 15k ea and re sold them for 20k though so small profit is profit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the price will go up once the suppy runs out. Thats commons sense.

Its awensome btw:
    Don't sweat the details!!!