Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Sure if people are intelligent. Which is hardly a given.
    From my experience it's depending on overall performance. A high-end player on a 515 alt will perform great. An average player in 515 gear will have to work at it. I would wager that for the majority of guilds out there, Flex is another form of progression, not simply something to do with alts on off days. After all, if you can't down a boss in Flex then you have no business trying that boss on Normal, so Flex becomes a training simulation for the fight on normal mode.

Flex might be easier than normal, but I wouldn't exactly call it "easy" by any means, and in fact thinking Flex is some joke mode where you don't have to pay attention is a sure-fire way to wipe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    So whats stopping you from going with your friends and guild? Just because you can make crossrealm groups with strangers doesn't mean you have to.
    Are your guildies/friends demanding ilvl from you?
    Nothing is stopping us from doing flex, and we do flex, just our progress is not that fast as raiding guilds. We have lots of fun though :P The only thing we demand is that you listen and do your best , but that's normal as a guildie

It was only a reaction to the people that find low ilvl people morons And Ilvl does not say a thing, if you are lucky with the rng in LFR and Flex 535 is doable with the cloak.

Deleted
    I havent seen anybody say anything like "low ilvl people are morons". Can you quote someone saying that in specific? What I meant in my post was that if you make the group you have the power to pick anybody you want and set the rules accordingly, you can have high geared morons just as much as low geared morons. Asking for 14/14-normal achievement is just to make sure he gets people that got experience to make for a smooth run and there is nothing wrong with that.

I dont understand the OP at all, if you're so butthurt over someones group you cant join - make your own?
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-10-10 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Please tell that to all the groups ive been in that kept wiping on shamans

OT: I mostly look for 540+ flex/scenario runs myself, so to each his own i guess.

Groups enough for everybody
    For scenarios? I guess that works on a high populated and active realm. On my realm it's probably not worth it to ask for ilvl 540 for a scenario.

I really cant stand the attitude of players like the OP. If you dont like what people are doing with THEIR raid, make your OWN. Stop being a lazy leecher. People don't owe you anything and can do with their raid whatever they want and there is nothing stupit about it because its THEIR raid. Nobody is forcing you to join them, you dont get any disadvantage in the game if you don't join them. Find another group, or make your own. Sorted.

I'm currently 563 ilvl, the majority of my guildies are 555+ ilvl. Why would I want to take someone with worse gear to fill the last few spots in a flex raid if I can take someone better? If you're my friend, sure thing, I will play with you because I like you. If you contact me very nicely and I'm in a good mood, sure why not. But expecting people to take you and flaming them when they dont, thats not the way to reach anything in this game.

This isn't elitist, there are groups for pretty much every gearlvl on openraid. And if you want to join the very fast and smooth runs that require 540+ ilvl you better work for it yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    For scenarios? I guess that works on a high populated and active realm. On my realm it's probably not worth it to ask for ilvl 540 for a scenario.
    I personally think it's never worth because with 540+ ilvl as a dps you can carry the whole run and get timed nearly by yourself as long as the other two aren't afk. But if you can find 2 540+ ilvl dps in 1 minute it's worth it I guess.

A lot of it also depends on your server. On Illidan or a big server like that there are loads of guilds 14/14 so you can do things of this sort. On a smaller server, you'd be lucky to have one (and that's usually the server's #1 guild, who more often than not are aloof) and a requirement like this is completely unreasonable in the context of that server. I haven't checked progress lately but I'm pretty sure there are only a handful of guilds at 14/14 on my server (discounting the top guild of course), like maybe 2-3 if that, so a requirement like this in Trade would likely get you laughed at.

Deleted
    You can also crossrealm Flex, so it isnt all dependant on your server.

Use oQue a lot less retards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wokopoly View Post
    Use oQue a lot less retards.
    Not guarenteed, but the groups are mostly quick and painless to form.
    Oqueue is mostly the only way to run things on my server (EU-Turalyon-Horde)

Ok i have my 545 Hunter alt and want some flex. Do i go with some shit 520 who never saw the boss, didn't read any guide or watched a video and give me a hard long raid or do i search for 540+ with clear xp to roflstomp through it. Sorry that i'm so lazy.
    Last edited by xfreeder; 2013-10-10 at 01:16 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    I havent seen anybody say anything like "low ilvl people are morons". Can you quote someone saying that in specific?
    Post #10 , #53 and your post # 13 for example

Really low ilvl does not mean you do not know a thing about the bosses. Because I never saw a boss before does not mean I do not know what to expect and when. there are plenty of sites for that

For me if you request 14/14 Normal for flex then I expect you (or your main)have it as well other wise you ask for a boost. Its of course your right to request a boost and its your group so you set the rules though its a bit ridiculous. I always wonder that if your main has 14/14 normal why would you pug a flex with an alt ? is it not easier to grab a bunch of alts from the guild your main is in and just farm flex to gear them up ? To me it seems the people that have everything on normal do not need to pug on flex.

I do not like to pug because if you have one wipe on for example the 3rd boss (flex part 1) due tot he fact that the dps is to low on adds for example, people already bail out calling it a fail group and still we pug now and then due to a lack of enough dpsser, we do not have high demands and are honest about our intentions, that way the people that join know its not a walk through the park run.
    Last edited by mmoc57f7ad65ee; 2013-10-10 at 11:52 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylandra View Post
    Nothing is stopping us from doing flex, and we do flex, just our progress is not that fast as raiding guilds. We have lots of fun though :P The only thing we demand is that you listen and do your best , but that's normal as a guildie

It was only a reaction to the people that find low ilvl people morons And Ilvl does not say a thing, if you are lucky with the rng in LFR and Flex 535 is doable with the cloak.
    Ilvl doesnt say a thing indeed, but assuming a 520 geared player and a 540, you expect the 540 to do more damage.
    Those groups with high requirements are probaly just normal mode raiders looking to fill some slots or get some vp quick

I recently resubbed, so I'm behind gear-wise and joined a guild the other day and their main tank offered to set up some Flex runs to bring me up to speed gear-wise. I'm currenlty 507, I was #2 on the meters through every run (against all the other dps who were 540+ baddies), not one wipe, not one issue.

People (especially pugs) like to use gear as a crutch for stupidity.

Then again, I suppose if it takes pugs to have 540+ gear to pull near the same damage as I can in just over 500, I can understand...

Deleted
    I suppose to flip it on its head - if people are asking for 14/14 and 540+, do you leave if the leader doesn't have the wolf & similar?

Flex being released ahead of LFR is possibly a bit of a problem, because you have the LFR crowd diving into Flex first without learning the mechanics at a more forgiving pace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylandra View Post
    Post #10 , #53 and your post # 13 for example
    Okay, I see you purposely misunderstood my post as well as ignored the rest of the post you recently quoted for some reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, why is wanting to faceroll flex for loot/upgrades perfectly acceptable but LFR has to be the hardest thing on earth to teach the 'mouthbreathers' that they suck?

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer doing 545 runs rather than those 510 runs where people wipe and disband on 2. boss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Carnarius View Post
    I suppose to flip it on its head - if people are asking for 14/14 and 540+, do you leave if the leader doesn't have the wolf & similar?

Flex being released ahead of LFR is possibly a bit of a problem, because you have the LFR crowd diving into Flex first without learning the mechanics at a more forgiving pace.
    This happened last week the leader was an idiot who demanded 540 but had only 525 + died everytime on galakras and most people including myself left. Guess he didnt get boosted after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This was the message i saw on openraid earlier..Seriously do these people even use their brain?

540+ for Flex 1/2/3 while having 14/14 Normal, wat.

I dont have a problem with people having requirements, but seriously.
    that kind of exp might be normal on the better raid servers. i am not surprised.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    I personally think it's never worth because with 540+ ilvl as a dps you can carry the whole run and get timed nearly by yourself as long as the other two aren't afk. But if you can find 2 540+ ilvl dps in 1 minute it's worth it I guess.
    True. I got really annoyed doing a heroic scenario last night. The guy was advertising "LF2 good dps HC Scen". I have 540 on my main so reckoned it was worth going along.

Final recount for overall data: Me: 120K. Group Leader: 45K. The other "good dps": 35K. WTF? I seriously feel somewhat deceived and taken advantage of. I joined the group expecting a quick, efficient run, and those expectations were created by the group leader. What annoys me as well is that we missed the timed bonus by about 30 seconds (blood in the snow scenario). I think next time I land up in a group like that I am going to dump them half way after giving them a piece of my mind.

And no, it's not that I have any problems at all with other players performing at that level, but then they shouldn't:
    a) advertise that they are looking for "good dps".
    b) join a group looking for "good dps".

** My definition of "good dps" in this context is relative to the requirements to achieve the timed bonus objective with relative ease - which I would cut off at about 100K on the final boss.