10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    515 is enough to one shot everything.
    Definitely

Deleted
    Please tell that to all the groups ive been in that kept wiping on shamans

OT: I mostly look for 540+ flex/scenario runs myself, so to each his own i guess.

Groups enough for everybody

I've seen people with 520+ gear doing under 100k dps in flex, not to mention stubborn tanks that have no clue about anything also in 520+ gear.

540+ is definitely overkill, but 530 is very reasonable if anything to weed out the liabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This was the message i saw on openraid earlier..Seriously do these people even use their brain?

540+ for Flex 1/2/3 while having 14/14 Normal, wat.

I dont have a problem with people having requirements, but seriously.
    Lol basically a "boost me through flex cause i don't want to put any effort".

Anyway, their raid, their rules. Maybe he wanted to do a run for the meta achievement hence having overgeared people which already knows the boss fights menas a much easier accomplishemnt.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Anyway, their raid, their rules. Maybe he wanted to do a run for the meta achievement hence having overgeared people which already knows the boss fights menas a much easier accomplishemnt.
    This sounds about right, those kind of requirements are only needed if you want to gimp flexi.

Nothing wrong with wanting a smooth run. Do you think we appreciate having to do Flex even if we're at >555 ilvl?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Nothing wrong with wanting a smooth run. Do you think we appreciate having to do Flex even if we're at >555 ilvl?
    I kind of agree with this. Obviously you can have a smooth run of flex at lower ilvls, but if there is a group who wants to bang it out quickly and has the option of running with players in substantially more gear than you, why wouldn't they?

It just means you have to make more effort to either get to know those players by raiding with maybe their lesser geared alts (and then being invited to their "mains" runs) or that you need to organise the raid yourself

They don't want to wipe for hours on Thok and Spoils. These bosses were a nightmare on Flex last week.

Its a pug expect the pug leader to want an optimal run. I never agreed with pugs going for a run and wanting people to have the last boss achievement. So I made my own and had no requirements and actively managed the run (insuring people who slacked were removed and any douche bags who flamed others got removed). That was back in wrath but I can imagine you easily making a smooth run in flex with your own rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    I agree about the smooth run - it's always more enjoyable to do things easily and fast than losing time in wipes.

Anyway, the point is why he needs that requirements for flex? Certainly that people don't need the loot - 540+ means above any flex piece of gear - so it's just one of these options:
    - he wanted a boost run for himself or other people,
    - he wanted to do something completely unrelated with gear drops.

Perfectly free to do any of the two, just it isn't appealing for a guy who already knows everything to run a random guy from trade into flex - i'd go with an alt. I know the fights and can do proper damage so i'd come with that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted

What exactly is boost about it if he has 540+ and 14/14 normal himself? Sure the runs where leader is asking for more than he has himself are ones to avoid, but having a run with the requirements he set are very smooth and very quick. Has nothing to do with wanting boost, only with not wanting to boost anyone himself and being time efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, the point is why he needs that requirements for flex? Certainly that people don't need the loot - 540+ means above any flex piece of gear
    So narrowminded. Got a 548, 555 and 557 char and all 3 can still use multiple flex upgrades.

Simple answer: Don't join pugs with ridiculous requirements. There have always been the people who set crazy requirements because they're just running it to hope that extra piece of loot drops and aren't interested in actually treating it like a progression run. Make a note to avoid runs done by those people and move on. It's clearly not the run for you.

Personally I hate the attitude that it's okay to set ridiculous requirements because "their raid, their rules". Outright idiocy can and should be dealt with, not swept under the carpet with a blanket statement excusing that behavior. Unless for some reason this is the only pug available to you, then the best course of action is to ignore it and move on and find a group that's suited to what you are looking for.

Deleted
    Did a flex last week with a 396~ ilevel friend, she didnt die and every boss was a 1 shot. I'm not 100% sure what boss you can really fail to on flexi :/

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were putting a run together, I'd ask the same. I don't want to teach others on those types of runs. I'm only doing flex for quickish valor and a few upgrades it still has.

As long as people can keep getting runs w/ higher geared people, they will. Nothing wrong with it.

It comes down to this. My toon is geared. I can play it well. Why should I take a chance on your toon that definitely will have less potential due to lower gear, and very likely will underperform because you aren't as good, when I can have higher requirements and increase the chance of getting better players who can perform better? Is it a guarantee? No. But a 540 player is probably a good enough raider, while a 520 is a crapshoot.

At this point I don't do flex for YOU to learn. I do it for ME to get gear, and I don't want to carry those who I don't have a vested interest in carrying.

I run flex on three or four toons. My 558 warrior and 555 DK both do a few bosses they need, either for tier, weapons, or trinkets. My 2nd warrior does everything, and my priest I do if a friend needs help.

I hate bads, basically. People who are not great but want to learn, I can work with. People who are unskilled/lazy, NTY.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-10-10 at 11:13 AM.

Deleted
    So i am a moron with just 523 Ilvl and only flex part 1 done thank you for pointing that out. I only do guild runs, so I do not care about high ilvls of those demanding people, though I found out that those that request that higher Ilvl just want a boost through flex , an easy run. It's their run, and their rules of course.

I thought that flex was designed for people that wanted to run with friends and their guild because they did not have the time for gearing up for normals or playing in a raid guild. A raid more designed for social guilds that like to raid now and then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vylandra View Post
    So i am a moron with just 523 Ilvl and only flex part 1 done thank you for pointing that out. I only do guild runs, so I do not care about high ilvls of those demanding people, though I found out that those that request that higher Ilvl just want a boost through flex , an easy run. It's their run, and their rules of course.

I thought that flex was designed for people that wanted to run with friends and their guild because they did not have the time for gearing up for normals or playing in a raid guild. A raid more designed for social guilds that like to raid now and then.
    So whats stopping you from going with your friends and guild? Just because you can make crossrealm groups with strangers doesn't mean you have to.
    Are your guildies/friends demanding ilvl from you?

And to the guy a few posts above me, ilvl 558, could still do with 3 upgrades from flex.
    Even you, Cold, could get a bunch of upgrades from Flex and your ilvl is like 545+
    Last edited by mmoc0c9d2d4515; 2013-10-10 at 11:14 AM.

Deleted
    When we are doing our "main flex" we faceroll it all with 550+, but when we do it with alts at avg 510 its not that much harder, just takes abit longer.

We do invite randoms every now and then, we never even check their ilvl, just their current exp.

For flex, having both ilvl req and exp req is abit silly, if you have full exp you should be able to go, no matter the gear you have, since you wont do any fatal misstakes hopefully, its just the avg dps/hps will be worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure if people are intelligent. Which is hardly a given.

Deleted
    "boost me through flex cause i don't want to put any effort".
    You forgot to add : "give free loot, please!" or "carry me, please".

So true those requirement are just foolish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Personally I hate the attitude that it's okay to set ridiculous requirements because "their raid, their rules". Outright idiocy can and should be dealt with, not swept under the carpet with a blanket statement excusing that behavior. Unless for some reason this is the only pug available to you, then the best course of action is to ignore it and move on and find a group that's suited to what you are looking for.
    People do their progression on mains with their guild. Wiping on bosses you've already done (sometimes more wipes than you had with your guild on the real progression) is not fun. There is nothing wrong or idiotic with wanting a smooth quick run to get the last pieces of gear you need.

Obviously, ilvl is a bad skill indicator but it's the best indicator we have available. Personally I'd rather have someone with 14/14N on main in the same role and 515+ilvl or 40+ wave in endless PG, but those are much harder to check.