Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are crazy. Best I've seen was for a Heroic Scenario in 5.3.
    'LFM Hc Scene, need 540 ilvl, w/ me'

Hoping the requirements drop slightly from that. I have Characters between 515 and 535 ilvl, but have experience on the first 9 Bosses on Flex as a tank. Hoping that should get me into some groups. Hopefully.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Idiots wanting stupid requirements from players to join their raids have been around forever. I and i am sure many of you only really noticed them during Wrath when the Gearscore addon came out.

LFM Naxx 10, need achieve, full Tier (insert number here) and 6000+ Gearscore or no invite. Inspect/armoury them and they are in quest blues/PVP gear....

I remember one night i was on my Hunter alt and i fancied a run in Naxx 25 for upgrades. There was a Warrior on trade asking for a Gearscore that only ONE person on the server had at that time due to very lucky RNG on drops. He refused to let anyone without that magical GS number join, even if they had the achievement and Tier to prove they had been there....

Yes it is THEIR raid so it is their rules. But some people just make unreasonable requirements. That is what people are moaning about.

The way i see it, Its my raid and ill choose who i want and how i want them to be. Dont like it. Dont join
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

I don't have a problem with it. I bet if his group filled, it probably went very quickly, and that's what most people want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    Yes it is THEIR raid so it is their rules. But some people just make unreasonable requirements. That is what people are moaning about.
    People are moaning about 540ilvl for flex here, which is definitly NOT unreasonable. Can´t you guys get the fact into your brain that even 550ilvl+ chars can get an upgrade from flex, and that some guys want to raid with similar equiped / skilled players? There are tons of flex raids with lower requirements for undergeared chars aswell. Am I not allowed to look for 2-3 additional highgeared chars for my 550+ guildie flexrun because some other players think its to high? really? My guildies are all 550+, killed the first 6 bosses in heroic, and we´re looking for people with 540+. unreasonable? I don´t think so.
    Calling me an "idiot" for this is a bit exaggerated

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Not having to deal with such nonsense is exactly the reason why LFR should never be removed in favor of flex. It's just as ridiculous as PUGing ICC was.
    What was ridiculous about pugging ICC? I had no problems pugging 11/12 on 10 man and some decent 7-8/12 on 25 man on an alt. The biggest problem with ICC were the raid lockouts. If ICC had the raid lockout system of Cata or Flex it would have been even better.

And the gear needed for ICC was easily bought with badges and ICC 5 man runs.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-10-11 at 07:30 AM.

Most people do flex for gear, so setting an ilvl req above 540 is just idiotic and are mostly people who want boosts. you can do flex with 500+ ilvl easly.

Deleted
    Yeah it's stupid... As if anyone would do flex if they were killing 14/14 normal by now...
    I'm fine with stuff like 540 ilvl requirement as dps but Normal curve.... REALLY?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This was the message i saw on openraid earlier..Seriously do these people even use their brain?

540+ for Flex 1/2/3 while having 14/14 Normal, wat.

I dont have a problem with people having requirements, but seriously.
    Not surprising I seen a premade LFR SoO ask for min IL 515

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    These same folks would want a 14/14 Normal for people queuing for LFR, because it would make things easy for everyone, except of course for the people that the content was actually INTENDED FOR.

Yes, it turns out, when you overgear something, it's easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    These same folks would want a 14/14 Normal for people queuing for LFR, because it would make things easy for everyone, except of course for the people that the content was actually INTENDED FOR.

Yes, it turns out, when you overgear something, it's easier.
    Maybe, just maybe.
    Some people want to just get it done as fast as possible, while others might enjoy "progressing" in flex or whatever.
    And atleast on Oqueue (Havent touched openraid in forever) You cannot set an Ilvl requirement higher then your own, so the leader is probaly looking for like-minded similiar geared people that just want to blaze through, instead of enjoying the scenery and shit.

Tho 14/14 normal exp required is strange when flex doesnt even have 14 bosses yet. I'll give you that

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    Yeah it's stupid... As if anyone would do flex if they were killing 14/14 normal by now...
    I'm fine with stuff like 540 ilvl requirement as dps but Normal curve.... REALLY?
    I'm 11/14 HC and ilvl 569 and I can still get an upgrade from Flex...

As been said so many times already: their raid, their rules. If you don't like it join another raid with different rules or make your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Tho 14/14 normal exp required is strange when flex doesnt even have 14 bosses yet. I'll give you that
    its not strange its there to ensure that those who will join run are people who know what they are doin and wont cause stupid wipes.when final wing will be released it will be normal that people will look for 550+ people to kill garosh just not to wipe there multiple times because people will be still learning the fights -_- if one want to progress in flex nobody have a problem with those - just dont try to join farm runs if u look for progress. and no if u are on 6-10 normal boss kills flex garosh part will be nowhere near farm status for u so dont come here to whine that people will look for 550-560 geared chars -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-10-11 at 08:33 AM.

I will never understand why people get so annoyed by others setting such high standards for their groups.

Don't like it? Join another group, there's hundreds of them on OQ and openraid or even make one of your own and set your own standards.

Yeesh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    556 ilvl with only 3/14 hc currently, but I could use at least 5 items from flex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Most people do flex for gear, so setting an ilvl req above 540 is just idiotic and are mostly people who want boosts. you can do flex with 500+ ilvl easly.
    Why don't you take a look at what have been posted here already, in stead of just repeating the same BS all over again? People have already explained, why they set the requirements so high and no, it's not just to get a boost. Do you really think I need a boost on my ilvl 560 main with 10/14 Heroic? No, I don't. I just want geared and skilled players, so I don't have to carry random people in crap Timeless Isle gear doing shit dps and dying in fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I don't have a problem with it. I bet if his group filled, it probably went very quickly, and that's what most people want.
    This.

And this again.

And this over and over and over again.

It is HIS GROUP.

If you don't like HIS RULES.

MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP and have YOUR RULES.

Some people want a nice simple run where they get a chance of maybe a few upgrades maybe a trinket or something some people actually just do Flex for easy Valor.

Lets say I was in a 10/14 Normal Guild.

And I wanted to do Flex and get my trinket, or my 2 part bonus or something.

Which group would you prefer to run...

A) A group full of people with 540 gear and similar progress.

B) A group full of people with 520 gear and maybe only done LFR.

You really need to think about it?

I really want to reiterate this.

If you DON'T LIKE IT, MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2013-10-11 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Speeling!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its not strange its there to ensure that those who will join run are people who know what they are doin and wont cause stupid wipes.when final wing will be released it will be normal that people will look for 550+ people to kill garosh just not to wipe there multiple times because people will be still learning the fights -_- if one want to progress in flex nobody have a problem with those - just dont try to join farm runs if u look for progress. and no if u are on 6-10 normal boss kills flex garosh part will be nowhere near farm status for u so dont come here to whine that people will look for 550-560 geared chars -_-
    Did you even read my posts?

Deleted
    It's their group, don't see why people have any right to bitch about their requirements. If you don't like it, make your own run. It's like complaining about guilds that have strict requirements, if you don't like it then it's not the guild for you, you've no right to complain about how other people want to play.

I dont really see the problem as long as the RL fulfill his own requirements.

I create oqueue pugs quite often and my requirements are high aswell. Reason? I want a smooth run, as fast as possible without any wipe if possible. I dont want a progression night on flex.

You want a diferent rules pug? Create it yourself or join one with lower requirements and endure the progression.