Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
LastLast
  1. #221
    I belive as long at the leader of the group lives up to what he is asking for u cant really blame anyone. Just accept that the run wasnt meant for u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    If you want to chill and enjoy the leveling experience go play SWTOR, the rest of us are in it to win it

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    1)Item level means jack shit.

    2)Achievements mean jack shit.

    Its all about the quality of the player

    ...

    blah blah listing cases of high ilvl people failing
    Tell me, how do you know the quality of the player? The things you can know about a player are ilvl, achis and how the player gems/enchants/reforges his/her gear, checking the last one for every player takes time, and still doesn't guarantee a good player, for example a friend of mine knows nothing about his class and just asks me to log on to his account once he has gotten some gear to fix it for his spec.

    It doesnt matter how many cases of high geared but low skilled players people list in this thread, it is still a fact that higher ilvl people ON AVERAGE (=NOT ALWAYS) will do better, either because their gear or the experienced gained with the gear.

    If you are making a group you have the right to require others to be close to or at your ilvl, because you are not expected to boost anyone and when looking for group, you are not entitled to a boost by higher ilvl people.

    An example: You need one random (class/melee/ranged doesn't matter) dps for your flex group, you get 2 whispers, one from 520ilvl dps and one from 540ilvl dps, or if you are using OQ, these two join your waitlist at the same time.
    Every single QQer in this thread would take the 540ilvl one.

    i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz | R9 280X | Samsung Evo 250GB

  3. #223
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoss17 View Post
    Seems I am not the one who think these requirement are too much for Flex.

    the average pug is not there for you. they are there for themselves and if they perceive they will not get their donut then they are off to the next coffee shop





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    I belive as long at the leader of the group lives up to what he is asking for u cant really blame anyone. Just accept that the run wasnt meant for u.
    My thoughts as well there never liked we have to carrie the leader just becouse he made the group policy.

  5. #225
    After being in 4 fail pugs that couldnt' down spoils of pandaria yesterday, I'm about to make a group that's 540+ with achievements lol. Seriously, if one person doesn't know a fight, it can kill it for the rest, but when half the group doesn't know a fight, you're in for a lot of wasted hours and a big repair bill.

  6. #226
    That's pretty much the standard for my pugs. I'd prefer people know what they're doing rather than run around like idiots.

  7. #227
    Don't like it? Make ur own group and you can choose Ilvl.

    I never understood people who complain about certain requirements but are too lazy to make their own groups.

  8. #228
    Mechagnome TrollShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Echo Isles
    Posts
    702
    540 ilvl... that's the flex ilvl.... 14/14 normal SoO exp though? that's beyond retarded imo, the last Flex wing isn't even out yet!
    I get people want easy flex runs, without any possibility of retards and all, but I can only pray they have an immense amount of patience because chances are, nobody with Conqueror/Liberator of Orgimmar would want to do flex unless they're on their alts (which probably won't have the required ilvl) or they're missing out on Flex-BIS items or tier pieces.

    All the more reason to stick to at least half a guild flex run

    Troll altoholic | Windrunner and Barthilas Horde

  9. #229
    I dont get why people complain about it, yes its sometimes some absurd demands raid leaders ask for. But thats their problem, and if they get a full run with 540+ilvl and 14/14 cleared peepz, gg.

    However, when I make a pug, I usualy ask for about the same ilvl as I am, and the same experience as I got. That way we'll clear the fights we know fast and get time to work on some new, win win situation if you ask me.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    However, when I make a pug, I usualy ask for about the same ilvl as I am, and the same experience as I got. That way we'll clear the fights we know fast and get time to work on some new, win win situation if you ask me.
    How do you know that this particular raid leader didn't already have 540 ilvl and and 14/14N? For all we know he might as well be 7/14hc on a main or something.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    How do you know that this particular raid leader didn't already have 540 ilvl and and 14/14N? For all we know he might as well be 7/14hc on a main or something.
    As I said; I dont get why people complain about it. Read my post one more time please, and if something is unclear then I am sorry for not putting it out right in English.
    Because what I ment was as simple as - its his choice to have those demands, either he hopes to get carried, or he wants a nice and fast clear for an alt(Or main that miss a trinket or some item he realy wants but never drops).
    It's his raid and his rules. People shouldnt realy care about it, make your own with your own rules if you dont like the pugs that allready are made.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by honj90 View Post
    How do you know that this particular raid leader didn't already have 540 ilvl and and 14/14N? For all we know he might as well be 7/14hc on a main or something.
    As I said; I dont get why people complain about it. Read my post one more time please, and if something is unclear then I am sorry for not putting it out right in English.
    Because what I ment was as simple as - its his choice to have those demands, either he hopes to get carried, or he wants a nice and fast clear for an alt(Or main that miss a trinket or some item he realy wants but never drops).
    It's his raid and his rules. People shouldnt realy care about it, make your own with your own rules if you dont like the pugs that allready are made.

  12. #232
    When i make a own Flex-Group i first look for healers and tanks while leaving the DPS-Spots open only for Ilvl 540+... until the group has enough Heal/Tanks most of the time a few 540 DDs showed up, then i just fill the remaining slots with 520+ DDs.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    As I said; I dont get why people complain about it. Read my post one more time please, and if something is unclear then I am sorry for not putting it out right in English.
    Because what I ment was as simple as - its his choice to have those demands, either he hopes to get carried, or he wants a nice and fast clear for an alt(Or main that miss a trinket or some item he realy wants but never drops).
    It's his raid and his rules. People shouldnt realy care about it, make your own with your own rules if you dont like the pugs that allready are made.
    I guess the phrases "absurd demands", "their problem" followed by "However I" carry a negative connotation. If that's not what you meant then no problem, sorry for miss-understanding you.

  14. #234
    The Lightbringer Danishpsycho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,059
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    540 ilvl... that's the flex ilvl.... 14/14 normal SoO exp though? that's beyond retarded imo, the last Flex wing isn't even out yet!
    I get people want easy flex runs, without any possibility of retards and all, but I can only pray they have an immense amount of patience because chances are, nobody with Conqueror/Liberator of Orgimmar would want to do flex unless they're on their alts (which probably won't have the required ilvl) or they're missing out on Flex-BIS items or tier pieces.

    All the more reason to stick to at least half a guild flex run
    If you had read the posts, you'd know that's not true. People well into Heroics, can still use a few items from Flex. My own main still haven't got the trinket from Malkorok on either mode, thus I run my main in wing 3. Other people will be after Tier and trinkets mainly, so it's easy to find decent players.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    What's wrong with wanting an easy run?

    Then again, it's Open Raid... do you really expect much?
    Actually, unlike /2, you CAN expect much more from OR. Albeit the quality of OR raiders has probably diminished in the last year.

  16. #236
    Well, some people really REALLY want it to go as smoothly as possible. I do believe thats a little elitist to expect full clears for 3 wings of flex modes though. Its definatelly acceptable to ask for a 530+ ilvl requirement for sure though.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by DrTerrier View Post
    Well, some people really REALLY want it to go as smoothly as possible. I do believe thats a little elitist to expect full clears for 3 wings of flex modes though. Its definatelly acceptable to ask for a 530+ ilvl requirement for sure though.
    The thing is, flex isn't progression for me I'd want to get in and out asap on my main really if there was any gear i wanted, I'm not really interested in carrying undergeared players or trying to teach them the fights, that's what guild runs are for not pugs, that being said I pretty much always do flex in guild runs its actually pretty fun and stress free.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This was the message i saw on openraid earlier..Seriously do these people even use their brain?

    540+ for Flex 1/2/3 while having 14/14 Normal, wat.

    I dont have a problem with people having requirements, but seriously.
    don't go to their run! wow that was a huge issue that required a lot of debating.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    The issue with something like this is that if you are going to random pug, you need to be aware that people might "suck" and you should at least try to help them improve. Wanting a smooth run with experienced people usually gets translated as "run with your guild", not "Pug with outrageous demands". Seeing as the purpose of Flex was to bring back that feel of 10-man raiding in Wrath (easier content for more laid back guilds) it does come off a little hypocritical (but not unexpected as the same thing happened with Wrath 10-mans) to treat content meant to be accessible as exclusive.

    I think this is a perfect case where the community will take anything and twist it for their own benefit. Flex was introduced as a lighter-mode raid outlet for guilds that struggled in normal mode, but you see high requirements from people who don't want to take the time to help the community improve.
    We should try to educate random people in our pugs now?
    Explaining people what they are doing wrong is the fastest way back to Shrine in my experience.
    Trylb / Galesin
    Winners never quit, Quitters never win
    Nobody Said It Was Easy

  20. #240
    funny thing:
    atm there are 3 groups in /2 looking for flex members on my server:

    requierements:
    group 1: 520il, at least guide xp
    group 2: 525il, flex/nhc xp
    group 3: 545il, nhc xp

    for the last 15 minutes people were going on about how rediculous these requierements were (3 group). I'm still trying to figure out why people would rage this much, when obviously there are other possibilities (joined the 2nd group on my toon fyi). Funny thing, not only low il and xp people where complaining, even hc raider. 2/3 raids have average requierements, why force the 3. to lower its as well? most people complaining werent even looking for flex.
    "people like the raidlead are those who are destroying wow" (read this more than once the last couple of minutes). So they are destroying it by not offering a 3. average raid but rather one with higher demands, interesting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •