Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011

    Child Pornography vs Gore

    I happen to despise double standards, as I've mentioned in earlier posts on this website (doubt anyone remembers it though). But there’s this one issue that have angered me for a couple of years now.

    How come child pornography is looked down upon and not gore (beheading, torture etc)?
    Why is it that everyone view gore as something wonderful and is socially accepted in our society and everyone goes apeshit every time child pornography is being mentioned?

    Is it really that much worse to possess videos/images where children are being sexually molested, compared to videos/images where children are being beheaded or slowly being tortured to death?
    I think it's a slap in the face to ban child pornography and on the same time allow gore. How long have child pornography been illegal and why on earth has no one even argued that gore should be illegal as well?

    I actually thinks it’s damn disgusting that people enjoy seeing someone or a mob murder someone.
    The reason I brought up children as an example in this thread, rather than grown ups; is because it might be easier for some to compare gore with child pornography.

  2. #2
    I wasn't aware extreme gore was "wonderful and socially accepted".

    Also, a movie with gore is fake, child pornography often involves real children being abused.

    And videos showing real gore, like beheadings and such, are not displayed prominently in public.

  3. #3
    Why do you think child gore (or gore at all) isn't looked down upon.

    I believe the big line is that it is children are specifically targeted for pornography, so if child porn didn't exist that wouldn't happen. I'm not an expert on gore of any kind, but I kind of doubt there is a whole industry about 'child gore', where the child is killed/mutilated only to provide kicks to those people... I hope, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

  4. #4
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I wasn't aware extreme gore was "wonderful and socially accepted".

    Also, a movie with gore is fake, child pornography often involves real children being abused.

    And videos showing real gore, like beheadings and such, are not displayed prominently in public.
    You'd be surprised what constitutes child porn in some countries these days.....Simpsons porn says hi...Hentai says hi....Things where NO real person is harmed says hi....

    And actually i wonder the same thing as the OP though sex/nudity in general versus violence to me....

  5. #5
    Bloodsail Admiral Getreuer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,147
    Why is it that everyone view gore as something wonderful and is socially accepted in our society and everyone goes apeshit every time child pornography is being mentioned?
    Woah woah.. come again?

  6. #6
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I wasn't aware extreme gore was "wonderful and socially accepted".

    Also, a movie with gore is fake, child pornography often involves real children being abused.

    And videos showing real gore, like beheadings and such, are not displayed prominently in public.
    No shit movies are fake, I don't think fiction should be banned. There's nothing wrong with fiction.

    You're wrong, beheading and similar gore is shown in public, there's no law that prevents this. When I attended school, this was a very common sight to see gore in public. So, yes people think it's acceptable, no will care if someone watches gore in public. Can you imagine the chaos if someone would watch child porn in public?

    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Why do you think child gore (or gore at all) isn't looked down upon.

    I believe the big line is that it is children are specifically targeted for pornography, so if child porn didn't exist that wouldn't happen. I'm not an expert on gore of any kind, but I kind of doubt there is a whole industry about 'child gore', where the child is killed/mutilated only to provide kicks to those people... I hope, anyway.
    Because it's legal?

  7. #7
    Last I checked snuff films are pretty looked down upon. Just like child pornography is. As for gore in general, it's probably because people aren't getting hurt as much. Yes, if someone gets their arm cut open that hurts, but it's fixable, if a child is forced into pornography it's pretty irreversible. Plus, the only people that would be interested in child porn would be pedophiles, and being a pedophile is illegal. On the other hand there are plenty of people who have no issues with gore.

    Personally, gore in tv shows/movies/etc is fine with me, I wouldn't want to see someone get their arm cut off in real life or in a real video though. Even if it was the same amount of blood and everything, it being real makes it far worse. And obviously child pornography is just fucked up.

  8. #8
    It's not a phenomenon that's confined to child pornography.

    Generally, assaults of a sexual nature draw much more outrage than assaults of comparable brutality, but without the sexual component. That is not to say that the latter is condoned any more, but I lean towards believing that the additional values we as a society place upon sex, as well as a person's sexual integrity, are what cause these discrepancies. Breaches on someone's sexual integrity are just about the pinnacle of unforgivable behavior in our society.

    This outrage is, understandably, exacerbated even more when children are involved, not only because it is deeply ingrained in us as a species to go out of our way to look out for our young, but also because these values we ascribe to sex aren't something most children even possess the concepts of, so there is something that you might call an 'innocence' that is being ruined.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-10-10 at 09:36 AM.

  9. #9
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    You're wrong, beheading and similar gore is shown in public, there's no law that prevents this. When I attended school, this was a very common sight to see gore in public. So, yes people think it's acceptable, no will care if someone watches gore in public. Can you imagine the chaos if someone would watch child porn in public?
    What 'gore' was going on publicly in Sweden? In the UK there was never anything like that shown.

  10. #10
    Just to get the gist of this argument....so I know the type of...individual we're dealing with here, are you advocating the legalization of child porn/pedophilia, or stricter censorship of gore and violence? Because such a tenuous comparison can really only be made by someone with a horse in the race one way or another.

    Which one is it?

  11. #11
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Last I checked snuff films are pretty looked down upon. Just like child pornography is. As for gore in general, it's probably because people aren't getting hurt as much. Yes, if someone gets their arm cut open that hurts, but it's fixable, if a child is forced into pornography it's pretty irreversible. Plus, the only people that would be interested in child porn would be pedophiles, and being a pedophile is illegal. On the other hand there are plenty of people who have no issues with gore.

    Personally, gore in tv shows/movies/etc is fine with me, I wouldn't want to see someone get their arm cut off in real life or in a real video though. Even if it was the same amount of blood and everything, it being real makes it far worse. And obviously child pornography is just fucked up.
    Watching gore would make you a psychopath and no pedophilia isn't illegal.

    It's fixable to lose an arm? No takes damage? What?

  12. #12
    Child porn is wonderful and socially accepted.

    See, I can make baseless, asinine claims as well.
    Religion won't give you answers. It will just stop you asking the questions.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Because it's legal?
    Mangling children isn't legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I wasn't aware extreme gore was "wonderful and socially accepted".
    This.
    I never heard or seen anything that tells me its accepted.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I wasn't aware extreme gore was "wonderful and socially accepted".
    I think his gripe is more with the fact that it isn't frowned upon in the same manner child pornography is, despite the fact that it should be, even if he didn't articulate it in as many words.
    Last edited by Velaniz; 2013-10-10 at 09:59 AM.

  16. #16
    The MMO-Champion Off-Topic forums are some of the dumbest forums I've ever seen.

  17. #17
    I don't really know what you're on about here OP.
    And by that I really mean it.
    What "accepted gore" are you on about? Sure even splatter movies have restrictions. And you can only find extremely violent clips in the deep deep recess of the Internet.
    I don't really know what the fuck you're on about mate.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Watching gore would make you a psychopath and no pedophilia isn't illegal.

    It's fixable to lose an arm? No takes damage? What?
    Exactly.... What?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Just to get the gist of this argument....so I know the type of...individual we're dealing with here, are you advocating the legalization of child porn/pedophilia, or stricter censorship of gore and violence? Because such a tenuous comparison can really only be made by someone with a horse in the race one way or another.

    Which one is it?
    Please OP answer this question.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    What 'gore' was going on publicly in Sweden? In the UK there was never anything like that shown.
    Swedish sites offers gore daily, examples would be existenz (requires a registration today) and flashback biggest forum in Sweden.

    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Just to get the gist of this argument....so I know the type of...individual we're dealing with here, are you advocating the legalization of child porn/pedophilia, or stricter censorship of gore and violence? Because such a tenuous comparison can really only be made by someone with a horse in the race one way or another.

    Which one is it?
    I'm not asking for child pornography to be legal. But I'm just fucking disgusted that gore is legal.

    Can we stop accusing people randomly and keep a civilized and constructive argument? Let's try to read this in a neutral perspective please.

    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Mangling children isn't legal.
    /facepalm

    I'm not talking about actual murder, but images/videos of murder.

    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    I think his gripe is more with the fact that it isn't frowned upon in the same manner child pornography is, despite the fact that is should be, even if he didn't articulate it in as many words.
    Exactly, that's my point.

  19. #19
    I'll take some of what the OP is having.

    This one time at Brand Camp, I got Singed.

  20. #20
    Its the same things as pot vs alcohol.
    Alcohol tastes like shit, makes you feel like shit the next day and costs so much money.
    Pot makes you feel better, I don't get any repercussions, u get awesome sleep and an ounce for roughly $300 (in Australia) lasts u for a lot more than $300 worth of alcohol

    They're both as addictive as the other, alcohol makes ppl act more violent than pot does yet its legal?
    Mind = blown

    Yes I went off topic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •