Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,559
    Sooooo anyone else realize this thread pretty much proves all you have to do to get your thread a few thousand clicks is add child porn to the title? Seriously it's like adding that pulls more people in then say offering "free sex"

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    I happen to despise double standards
    Do you happen to understand that "double standards" for 2 completely different things are not "double standards"?

  3. #43
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Velaniz expressed it way better than I possibly can.
    There is no comparison to be made between child pornography and gore.

    I might even get to understand what you're saying now but with the way you started on your original post there is no way to discuss this properly. We would be interrupted every two post by people coming in, rightfully ask for explanations.

    OT:
    yes gore is atrocious and I'm sure there will be laws soon making the storage and possibly the watching of extreme videos like snuff movies or stuff like that, illegal.
    Since children are taking damage when they're being sexually abused, then I think it would be naturally to ban gore as well. Because the victim are taking damage as well. It's not only grown ups that are the victims in this case, it could be children as well. I can't understand why people would defend gore in the first place.

    Why would we allow something so horrific as gore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    As am I...Though i think it's protected speech now in the US..Mores the pity...
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    You can't really compare (I'm assuming real?) child pornography to (fake/scripted) gore. Real snuff films are as equally illegal as child porn...if you're talking about scripted sex acts, there are films/books like Lolita but overall the subject is so taboo that I doubt many parents of child actresses would be OK with their children starring in films that depicted their children in acted-out sex scenes.

    In regards to gore/horror films, I agree to an extent; some films have (in my opinion) gone too far. For example, I can't finish any of the Saw films, I tried watching a couple of them with a friend of mine (who loves gore films) and I became nauseous and had to stop watching less than 5 minutes into the gore parts. Those films are seriously fucked up, and I kindof wonder about people who like watching shit like that....
    Yes, real gore is legal and no I'm not comparing scripted gore with child pornography.

    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    This is a good case of folks needing to refine their argument sometimes.

    Upon reading clarifications of his point, I went from thinking the OP was in a roundabout way advocating for child porn to be accepted to actually agreeing with him. Gore is pretty vile, and the people who watch real gore probably do need to be watched by trained mental professionals.
    Thank you.

  4. #44
    Herald of the Titans Santti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2,788
    I don't watch gore really, but some movies do include some of it. It's a case of realism, I think. Like a war movie. Create the horrors of the wars on the screen to negatively impact what people think of war. War is disgusting, and I think it's good it's portayed in it's full disgusting glory and showed to the masses what war could potentially be.

  5. #45
    Taking the forum "Flaskback" and saying something is socially accepted because its on that forum is stupid.
    Most people in Sweden has never been on that forum, and most of the people that go on to that forum don't go into that part of the forum.

    Is it weird that its legal to show pictures of people being tortured and killed and at the same time illegal to show childporn?
    Yea, both should be illegal if you are not a news agency.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    And most gore is pretty fixable, obviously losing an arm isn't, but something can be gorey without any permanent damage done, whereas child pornography isn't the same.
    This is a pretty vile sentiment =(

  7. #47
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,311
    Maybe we're just more curious about one than the other.
    http://www.heroicstrike.org/ - Goodnight, sweet prince

    Melee isn't awful for Challenge Modes; you are. Melee players are a liability for the windows of time in which a tank keeps an enemy mob faced towards them, resulting in an exorbitant loss of damage or death. Melee players are a liability for people who keep rooting mobs next to them. Melee are a liability to a healer that cannot heal.

  8. #48
    Elemental Lord Kalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Posts
    8,874
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't watch gore really, but some movies do include some of it. It's a case of realism, I think. Like a war movie. Create the horrors of the wars on the screen to negatively impact what people think of war. War is disgusting, and I think it's good it's portayed in it's full disgusting glory and showed to the masses what war could potentially be.
    I think they are talking about the sort of videos you see coming out of places like Syria and Afghanistan, showing actual killings, not violence in films.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Sooooo anyone else realize this thread pretty much proves all you have to do to get your thread a few thousand clicks is add child porn to the title? Seriously it's like adding that pulls more people in then say offering "free sex"
    Usually yes when you articulate your argument in a way that could be misunderstood as possibly advocating for legalisation of child pornography you get a lot of click
    Wonder why huh?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Sooooo anyone else realize this thread pretty much proves all you have to do to get your thread a few thousand clicks is add child porn to the title? Seriously it's like adding that pulls more people in then say offering "free sex"
    Probably law enforcement, wouldn't be surprised if the thread came up during an FBI routine keyword search.

    (Have I ever mentioned how much I love our dedicated law enforcement? Yeah I just love you guys. Please don't come to my doorstep over that unpaid speeding ticket in another state from 3 years ago <3)

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I think they are talking about the sort of videos you see coming out of places like Syria and Afghanistan, showing actual killings, not violence in films.
    Those are hard to watch. I studied foreign policy in school, and from time to time a video of a beheading or execution would take place. I still come across them frequenting forums visited by many folks from the Muslim world.

    I don't think I've managed to finish one, especially some of the ones out of Syria.

    Terrible things. And if someone is getting a kick out of watching them, I do have doubts about them.

  12. #52
    Child pornography is forbidden because plenty of people would actually watch it, resulting in demand for it and as consequence in increase child abuse to meet demands. Other reason are feelings of a child who would grow up knowing there is plenty of porn of him/her beeing abused that people enjoy all around the world.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    The MMO-Champion Off-Topic forums are some of the dumbest forums I've ever seen.
    It's in my top 3, that's for sure.
    Yo Blizzard, I’m really happy for you and Imma let you finish, but this was the best MMO of all time. OF ALL TIME.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by darxide View Post
    It's in my top 3, that's for sure.
    Still better than general discussion on the official wow forums.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Maybe we're just more curious about one than the other.
    Well. Some are obviously more curious about child porn than gore.

    Actually don't know the rules about gore here. Doubt it's legal without everybody's consent at least. Even something as Saddam Husseins execution wasn't shown in the news here. Not any i saw at least, and i followed all respectable ones.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Haftepaff View Post
    Since children are taking damage when they're being sexually abused, then I think it would be naturally to ban gore as well. Because the victim are taking damage as well. It's not only grown ups that are the victims in this case, it could be children as well. I can't understand why people would defend gore in the first place.

    Why would we allow something so horrific as gore?



    Indeed.



    Yes, real gore is legal and no I'm not comparing scripted gore with child pornography.



    Thank you.
    I don't think anyone is defending gore.
    You simply did not word the original post properly and you're getting a lot of shit about it even though pretty much everyone would agree gore is bad and that side of the Internet needs to be regulated.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Christ you're dense. Watching gore in no way makes anyone a psychopath, though I'm sure you'll respond without any facts saying I'm wrong, naturally. And pedophilia is very much illegal in quite a lot of places.

    And most gore is pretty fixable, obviously losing an arm isn't, but something can be gorey without any permanent damage done, whereas child pornography isn't the same.
    I don't think you understand. Watching someone suffer and dying without flinching is an example of what a psychopath is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Child pornography is forbidden because plenty of people would actually watch it, resulting in demand for it and as consequence in increase child abuse to meet demands.
    Plenty would actually watch gore as well and if child pornography is increasing the demand for it, wouldn't the same apply for gore as well and making the audience more violent?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rmn View Post
    Other reason are feelings of a child who would grow up knowing there is plenty of porn of him/her beeing abused that people enjoy all around the world.
    Alright, let's pretend that a child named Charlie is witnessing his parents being brutally murdered. During this horrific act, the murderer records the entire act and uploads the video to the internet. When he's done he let's Charlie go, now Charlie will have to grow up knowingly that there's a video of the murder on the internet that people enjoy.

  18. #58
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,339
    Hmmm... this thread has devolved into a chain attack on the OP, which just results in one person trying to justify/clarify earlier posts while having to respond to far too many people at once. Let's close this thread.

    Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •