[Arena PvP] Feral and enhancement

Hey guys, this is not a fotm post.

After only PVE-ing for the past year with my warlock, i recently found some time to play some PvP and i wanted to reach some high rating as i did in previous expansions and I am stuck between Enhancement and feral because i have some decent xp with both.

Can you tell me which of these has more competitive comps and has an edge over the other?? ( Worldofwargraphs and similar sites dont have arena comps anymore)

PS: I am only interested in 3v3 arena(rating) and 2v2 arena( for caps)

Is it also possible to give me the overview of melee dps in arena in this patch??? ( What are their rankings? I heard that arms and unhDKs are OP)
    Thank you.

Worldofwargraphs still gives overall representation, where Feral and Enhance are both the worst represented melee spec overall. If you just look at 3v3 arena though, you'll find Enhance representation nearly doubles and this is because they have two t1/t2 viable comps at the moment. Beastcleave (Enh/Hunter) and Turbocleave (Enh/Warrior) are both really good at the moment.

The only Feral comps I've seen above 2.3k are Bleedcleave (Warr/Feral), Ebolacleave (DK/Feral) and an FMP (Feral/Mage) - but these are few and far between, mostly because the Warrior, DK and Mage can all run with different DPS classes and have a stronger comp.

In 3s, melee ranking probably looks something like this (although it's arguable):
    Warrior > DK = Enhance > Rogue > Ret > Feral > Windwalker

Pick the class you'll have most fun on though, because I can't imagine a balance patch is that far away that will juggle all of the classes representation around.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Worldofwargraphs still gives overall representation, where Feral and Enhance are both the worst represented melee spec overall. If you just look at 3v3 arena though, you'll find Enhance representation nearly doubles and this is because they have two t1/t2 viable comps at the moment. Beastcleave (Enh/Hunter) and Turbocleave (Enh/Warrior) are both really good at the moment.

The only Feral comps I've seen above 2.3k are Bleedcleave (Warr/Feral), Ebolacleave (DK/Feral) and an FMP (Feral/Mage) - but these are few and far between, mostly because the Warrior, DK and Mage can all run with different DPS classes and have a stronger comp.

In 3s, melee ranking probably looks something like this (although it's arguable):

Pick the class you'll have most fun on though, because I can't imagine a balance patch is that far away that will juggle all of the classes representation around.
    thanks for the info mate, It is really weird is wow pvp dead??? I cant find any good 3v3 arena vids of most specs in game only vids from poeple like swifty etc....
    Anyways, I am worried that as feral or enhance my only hope in high rating is to piggyback with dks and warrs ??? is that true.

Quote Originally Posted by aceChrome View Post
    thanks for the info mate, It is really weird is wow pvp dead??? I cant find any good 3v3 arena vids of most specs in game only vids from poeple like swifty etc....
    Anyways, I am worried that as feral or enhance my only hope in high rating is to piggyback with dks and warrs ??? is that true.
    You can generally see PvP on streaming sites like twitch. It's true for the most part, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Syh View Post
    You can generally see PvP on streaming sites like twitch. It's true for the most part, btw.
    well i do but mostly its reckful, soda and that warlock guy. and some girls taking money off poor saps :P

@OP.

As Snuggli said Enhance is faring better than Feral this patch. I think representation has partly to do with a lot of Fotm people dropping Feral once the 5.4 nerfs came around. To be honest, I think most Feral players know this is where the spec usually lies. An unpopular one that has a lot of potential and a few good players still doing well with it.

Both have good healing specs with Resto Shaman being 2nd best healer right now. Even Elemental in it's current form is better than Balance, so if that makes a difference then go Shaman. In the end, i'll share the sentiment of go with which class is more fun.

Is Enhance really doing better than Rogue right now?

I have another question, why are WW monks deadlast :/.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    @OP.

As Snuggli said Enhance is faring better than Feral this patch. I think representation has partly to do with a lot of Fotm people dropping Feral once the 5.4 nerfs came around. To be honest, I think most Feral players know this is where the spec usually lies. An unpopular one that has a lot of potential and a few good players still doing well with it.

Both have good healing specs with Resto Shaman being 2nd best healer right now. Even Elemental in it's current form is better than Balance, so if that makes a difference then go Shaman. In the end, i'll share the sentiment of go with which class is more fun.

Is Enhance really doing better than Rogue right now?

Your right Restoshammy seems to be slightly better than resto druids

Quote Originally Posted by ace777 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Your right Restoshammy seems to be slightly better than resto druids
    WW's are by no means bad right now, its just other classes can do everything better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    WW's are by no means bad right now, its just other classes can do everything better.
    You jsut onyl Forget about WW insane DPS CDs Tiger Brew ( or how it call) 60% Damage for 15 sec can be use 2twice in a row , onyl minus is that you cant do it on Opener but if you stack its WW damage is realy Insane

Going back to main Thread Enh looks to be better in This seson then Ferral have good damage and great OFF healing

2v2 you shoud try to play with Other Hybrid DPS ( boomy rest are good to play with Enh ) or if yuo good at off healing try with Hunt or Warrior 9 sugest UF build then EB is crap if you gona off heal alot)

3v3 best option seams to be Warr or Hunt but WW Dk Rogue looks good too

The reason that enhance is doing so well is just because of burst. It is very easy for Warrior/Enhance to get a few CDs without using their own CDs (or just warrior bladestorm) and then gibbing someone during a stormbolt/hex cross CC. Watch some streams and this is always what happens. Either they blow all their CDs right out of the gate and win, or they hold them for a minute or two and then win.

WW are still good, it just takes them time to build up and with current burst or gtfo games that is a loser. Any cleave teams right now are hard to deal with that involve a hunter, warrior, DK or enhance. WW is good when they have a teammate that needs babysitting like a warlock. WW is very good at peeling, and their burst is actually very good it just works differently than most classes. Also WW just does not have players playing it so...

They're very niche, don't survive well against cleaves, have a single gladiator viable comp and only a handful of semi-viable comps.

The only comp the average WW can realistically run to high ratings is Hunter/WW/Healer and it's so much harder for the Hunter and Priest than running a comp like PHDK, KFC or Beastcleave. Monk has the same problem Feral has, but a little bit more extreme. There is almost nothing a Windwalker can do that another melee can't do better and whereas Ferals can still play Jungle, FMP, Ebola because they have a CC on a different DR.. Monks only CC shares DR with polymorph and freezing trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    The reason that enhance is doing so well is just because of burst. It is very easy for Warrior/Enhance to get a few CDs without using their own CDs (or just warrior bladestorm) and then gibbing someone during a stormbolt/hex cross CC. Watch some streams and this is always what happens. Either they blow all their CDs right out of the gate and win, or they hold them for a minute or two and then win.

WW are still good, it just takes them time to build up and with current burst or gtfo games that is a loser. Any cleave teams right now are hard to deal with that involve a hunter, warrior, DK or enhance. WW is good when they have a teammate that needs babysitting like a warlock. WW is very good at peeling, and their burst is actually very good it just works differently than most classes. Also WW just does not have players playing it so...

hey, can you tell me the amount of pressure that enhancement shammys do, are they good at that or are they like retri palas with burst and no sustained. ALso i guees your right about ww, thye do good sustained damage and pressure but no burst aside from xuen

Deleted
    hey, can you tell me the amount of pressure that enhancement shammys do, are they good at that or are they like retri palas with burst and no sustained. ALso i guees your right about ww, thye do good sustained damage and pressure but no burst aside from xuen
    Enha is has good sustained, one of the best atm

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    I'll disagree with this, our sustained is rather sub par with the nurf to storm strike. We survive on "mini bursts" from elemental blast. Also the nurf to echo hurt enh quite a bit.

Seems like Turbocleave is the best Enh comp, but i'm guessing most people will just ride the Enhance entire game to shut down their pressure. Same with if Feral ran Kittycleave. Put in any other melee instead and you'll notice Warr defense is just too good to be a viable kill target, yet they have insane damage. Tells you something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    Totally disagree, enh has one, if not the worst sustain dmg of all melees. What makes enh strong, is their mini bursts with SS abd UE with EB along with a wf procc. And yea, asendance. Another pproblemis still the lack of mobility, we need a gap closer.