Thread: Lesser charms

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lesser charms

Is there anything else than the bonus rolls coins you can buy with those?
    If not, why are they throwing them at us like candies?

Certainly makes it easier to get bonus rolls on alts, which prior to them dropping, was a PITA.

I hope they introduce a system to spend them on something. I've got over 5,000.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. I have more of these than I actually know what to do with.

I would be nice to have the ability to purchase old coins with them for older content, for xmog purposes if nothing else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paq View Post
    Nope. I have more of these than I actually know what to do with.

I would be nice to have the ability to purchase old coins with them for older content, for xmog purposes if nothing else.
    This totally.
    Except for this possibility, I hope they won't make another use of them.
    I think the fact a money is "required", but given in such a free way (no daily limit, no weekly gain limit) is the way they should have gone with a lot of things. Valor would have been a lot nicer in the beginning of the expansion if instead of a weekly gain limit they had made a weekly spend limit.

Deleted
    I'm guessing you've been grinding something (like rep?) to get that many charms.. personally, I just raid 3 nights a week and do the occasional "other" content; spent 15 minutes yesterday before raid to get up to that magical number of 50 for 3 coins, which was great. Prior to the Barrens charm farm it was a real pita to grind dailies for those 3 weekly coins.

Quote Originally Posted by critsom View Post
    I'm guessing you've been grinding something (like rep?) to get that many charms.. personally, I just raid 3 nights a week and do the occasional "other" content; spent 15 minutes yesterday before raid to get up to that magical number of 50 for 3 coins, which was great. Prior to the Barrens charm farm it was a real pita to grind dailies for those 3 weekly coins.

It was but now it's insane, timeless isle gives you so many for doing very little

If you could buy Elder Charms with these (and uncap them), you could at least spend some of those on Arcane Troves. That would make them a nice supply of cash and feasts. If they increase the droprate of the Shado-Pan Assault rep token at the same time, I wouldn't have to drag alts through ToT just to buy gear with Valor.

Or add a vendor that sells boxes with random items in them. For instance a box with items specific to Throne of Thunder, with a chance for (normal) gear, crafting recipies, pets and mounts that drop in the instance. Make similar ones for MSV, HoF and ToES. Though I'm not sure what they should contain instead of pets and mounts. I'd spend every lesser charms I have on the ToT one in a heart-beat, only keeping 50 on each character for coins. There are very sweet battle pets in ToT, but most of them are fairly far in the instance and have a horrible drop-rate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I could use them on mogu runes of fate instead of having to use timeless coins to get them, which I never will. It was such a bummer not having an easy way to get the mogu runes like we could with the elder charms.

i just wish they were account-wide

Deleted
    I hope they get rid of them, srsly.
    There are better ways to offer bonus rolls.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just change the entire system instead of adding new raid re-roll currencies all the time. The latest raid would be the gold coin that you buy from the lesser, all lower raids just use a few lesser coins per reroll. When a new raid tier/expansion you just reset the gold or turn them into silver again and you start over.

Perhaps enable them as currency at the motes vendor.

Beyond that it would ofcause be nice if you could buy more things for your thousands of lesser coins you, or I, have in storage now ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be happy they dont take bagspace anymore like they did at launch.
    Defender of the light and cookies
    Rhagen
    WoW Videos

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I wish they would just change the entire system instead of adding new raid re-roll currencies all the time. The latest raid would be the gold coin that you buy from the lesser, all lower raids just use a few lesser coins per reroll. When a new raid tier/expansion you just reset the gold or turn them into silver again and you start over.

Perhaps enable them as currency at the motes vendor.

Beyond that it would ofcause be nice if you could buy more things for your thousands of lesser coins you, or I, have in storage now ...
    It does seem strange that they implement Valor/Justice and Conquest/Honor to get rid of excess amounts of currencies. Then they implement a new currency, with a different type for each raid tier. It's like they haven't learned from WotLK with the emblem of Heroism/Valor/Conquest/Triump/Frost.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It does seem strange that they implement Valor/Justice and Conquest/Honor to get rid of excess amounts of currencies. Then they implement a new currency, with a different type for each raid tier. It's like they haven't learned from WotLK with the emblem of Heroism/Valor/Conquest/Triump/Frost.
    Mmmm ... Indeed. It started off as a good idea to sort out the massive amount of TBC/WOTLK currency fest but it only took like one tier update for the fest to really get rolling again. Atleast we have not gathered various pvp battle tokens and the 3-4 various other tokens from various groups for various daily quests that nobody could be assed to do. Instead ofcause in many cases they where turned into "bag" currencies again such as the tokens you gathered down in Krassarang durring that phase of the expansion.

Perhaps we should all just be happy that timeless coins are not a bag currency in stacks of 20 or something since that would take up the entire bag and bank an then some ...

They're making them easy to get 'cause eventually they're gonna be hard to get and there will be an in-game store to buy them with...so give us a taste of how nice it is to have a lot of them, then take them away, and people'll get lazy and want to just buy them for rl money,

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    They're making them easy to get 'cause eventually they're gonna be hard to get and there will be an in-game store to buy them with...so give us a taste of how nice it is to have a lot of them, then take them away, and people'll get lazy and want to just buy them for rl money,
    Tin-foil hat ON!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhag View Post
    Just be happy they dont take bagspace anymore like they did at launch.
    They did? I don't remember that at all. You're sure that wasn't during beta or something?

Deleted
    Wait what? I think it's a pain in the ass to get coins still. How you get them so fast? I kill rares and kill elites but it doesn't' go that fast to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    They did? I don't remember that at all. You're sure that wasn't during beta or something?
    Indeed they did. I didn't remember that either, but...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458/le...nts:id=1732636

Actually after reading that I do remember it.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Wait what? I think it's a pain in the ass to get coins still. How you get them so fast? I kill rares and kill elites but it doesn't' go that fast to be honest.
    Group up with a couple of people to kill the elites and you'll have those charms in no time. The charm drops are individual so doesn't matter how many you have in your group.