15+ Year Old Account

question on breaking MW 2pc T15 without T16

so I'm still using Hand/Pants 2pc T15 for Mistweaving, this week I got Tier Gloves from Sha and last nite picked up Shado-Pan Reliquary Kilt Warforged in a "minor upgrade" roll.

Anyhow, is it worth dropping my 2 piece for these items? I really like the 2pc bonus tho, any suggestions?

j

Deleted
    Post the items please, including whether or not they're normal or heroic.

To be specific, reglitch is correct.
    In general, my experience has been that 2t16 is 3-5% of the other MW I raid with's healing as an absorb.
    2t15 is 15% boost to ReM. ReM is normally 20%-25% of my healing. (20to25)/1.15 => (17.4to21.7), or around 2.6to3.3% extra healing from 2t15. So I'd use 2t16 over 2t15 if the stats are upgrades. (Which they probably are, even from int alone most likely.) [There are fights where ReM is 30% of my healing. These are also fights that I do not care about because healing is a non-issue and I'm dps'ing most of the time, not actually healing.] Malkorok, might be one of the few fights where I'd take 2t15 over 2t16, because the ability to SCK/chi burst is not particularly effective during P1 but ReM is pretty good, inflating 2t15.

It's really a fight-by-fight comparison, but 2t16 will (likely) give more throughput whenever you actually need it, as well as effectively being a smart-heal absorb (mastery only heals people that need healing, aka the absorb goes on damaged players.) 2t15 is more raw blanket throughput. I'd prefer 2t16 over 2t15 in every case as a progression minded healer [aka I'd rather heal people that need healing if given the choice between blanket throughput or quasi-smart-absorbs], assuming identical stats on the items. 2t16 SHOULD have better stats though, so it's really no contest in my opinion.

[Before someone tries to troll me and say why don't I gear for mastery then, it's because gearing mastery is a ridiculously large difference in throughput (crit/haste/int being in the range of 3-5x more effective than mastery). 2t16 vs. 2t15 is very similar in terms of bonus healing (even in malkorok it's something like 2t15 giving 16% more throughput than 2t16.)]
    Last edited by Astraios; 2013-10-10 at 03:52 PM.

I'd really like to see the math on this stuff, too. Mist is my ivl516 offspec and I currently refuse to break the last tier's 2pc for any reason save the new 4pc. Why? I don't have any proc intellect going on, but during the TFT phase my Renewing Mist goes from ~6.8k to 20k. I legitimately am close to reaching 50k crit ticks but only after refreshing with TFT and I'll be damned to the Firelands before I let a couple thousand Intellect break that intense scaling.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    [Before someone tries to troll me and say why don't I gear for mastery then, it's because gearing mastery is a ridiculously large difference in throughput (crit/haste/int being in the range of 3-5x more effective than mastery). 2t16 vs. 2t15 is very similar in terms of bonus healing (even in malkorok it's something like 2t15 giving 16% more throughput than 2t16.)]
    I don't think anyone is gonna troll you. Half the problem with mastery is that it doesn't scale well with the mastery stat. It scales almost as well with Crit and Haste (which also scale everything else), so the 2pt16 doesn't really demand gearing for mastery. 2pt16 works out pretty decently as a % of total healing on its own.

I'm not sure I'd drop 2pt15 just for offset stat upgrades. But I have HC t15, so going to normal t16 isn't a huge jump, and I'm pretty sure I'll have 4pt16 before I have to consider dropping 2pt15 for heroic offset...

Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    (20to25)/1.15 => (17.4to21.7), or around 2.6 to3.3% extra healing from 2t15.
    This is not entirely true, an above poster mentioned why.
    I forgot that fact myself, but whenever you refresh a ReM with TFT, all current instances of ReM get the tripple-jump 132.25% heal increase. So this bonus defenetly gives more than 3% more healing, and it provides bonushealing during the time you have TFT up, i.e. during the time of heavy damage when healing is needed most!
    and snapshotting intproccs with TFT further increases the healing that bonus provides....